DoubleBerry flowering...week 3

• Thread starter blueberrybud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blueberrybud

This is BCBD blueberry x BCBD blueberry, grown out and self pollinated. I've been running a few of these beans every couple months and so far they have all been females. I harvested 2 that were outdoors and saved only 2 ounces because of mold. It's all been very good, extremely potent herb.

We used a Blueberry female that smelled so much like fresh baked Blueberry muffins it's almost hard to believe. The male was selected for its structure rather than potency or smell, so it's tough to find the original scent, but they all get pretty close, with improved yield. These have had more of a general fruity smell, but occassionally it will lean towards a sour blueberry smell, which is the case here. Sweet and sour blueberry, that's the only way I can describe it, very complex.

Also, there are some group shots of the room. It's only 2'x2' and there are 2 Sourlope betas and 2 Doubleberries. 400 watts makes for nice growth in a small space. 74-76 and 45% humidity with light on, 68-70, 50% at night.

M

megayerbon

That mix of genetics seems to work, are well advanced to take 3 weeks of flowering. If you do not mind could you give compost and soil data that you use.
Good luck with the harvest.

B

blueberrybud

Yes, sorry I never posted my mix...I use a homemade mix consisting of 2 parts sphagnum peat, 1 part worm castings, 1 part perlite. I mix ~15 gallons at a time, and to that 15 gallons of mix, I add about 2 full cups each of blood and bone meal, and a half cup of powdered lime. I let it sick for a while outside this past spring/summer and turn every few days, water, turn, water, turn, etc... I have about gallons outside in a heap just getting blacker and more rich every day. This can be a little hot for very young plants, so make sure there is a very well developed rootball going before you transplant from your seedling mix.

B

Bluebud

Those buds are huge for just three weeks of flower. How much do you usually yield off that strain and how long do they take to finish?

B

blueberrybud

Yeah they're moving along pretty quickly. The last time I ran this strain, I got 4 different phenos, all produced ~2 ounces in 2 gallon pots under 501 watts of CFL lighting. I have a 400 watt HPS now, and it has more than double the lumen output of the CFL setup, so I'm thinking 2.5-3 ounces per plant, in a 2 gallon pot. They finish in about 60 days, but thats taking them right to the end. I like a good strong stone for medical purposes. It'll be the start of the fourth week this weekend.

B

blueberrybud

PS This strain loves to be bent and trained, and will grow a main cola that weighs well over an ounce. This one is already 11" long and I am almost at the halfway mark. I have topped before, but won't again, pinching is definitely the preferred method for this strain.

S

sensei13

That's pretty high yeilding results for CFL's. Can't wait to see the final results under high pressure!

B

blueberrybud

yeah i'm hoping to get a third more yield over all from that last run...should net me about 9.5-10 ounces. But who knows, you never get what you expect. I've learned to lowbll every harvest.

Top Bottom