doubling my set up!!!! which ballast????

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
og dmc

og dmc

i have two 1000 watt PL's and just got 2 600 watt sun system 2's. I really like the sun system a whole lot better. Harvest pro elite balasts are well constructed. I was told that if your going to go over 600 w, dont go digi ballast, they have a higher bulb failure rate.

true grit

true grit

Good info bro, I'm diggin my Harvest Pros a lot too. Have noticed a couple run hotter than others though.

Danko- nice info on the Humboldt Global Greenhouses....lemme know if ya give em a go!

D

danko

i went with the nextgen 1000s. what can i say, they sold me.

S

SSHZ

I just got my 2 Lumatek 1000's (new edition) today and they fired up my Hortilux bulbs perfectly.......... definitely brighter, quiter and prettier (ha,ha) than my old ballast boxes.

ncga

ncga

danko

I'm sure you will like the nextGen. I replaced 10 ballast with 5 of their 400/600 digitals. I measured the lumens compared to the magnetic 400 old ballast . I did measure a 30% higher lumens output. Also be careful because you can over drive the 400 bulbs on the 600 watt setting. As far a how much current is drawn they are about the same. My KillaWatt meter says the digital will cost $2.00 less per month.

nc

true grit

true grit

Yeah I was talking to hydro guy locally bout the 1k digis... he has the Nextgen and the Sun system one, says both have been great. Said he's sold a couple thousand of the sun system ones with only a handful of returns...only sold a couple hundred next gens but with pretty similar results. Good to hear bout the 1ks holding up. time to start switching up it looks...

H

hbstoner

Those from the company outta Humboldt? Thats what I've had recommended by several hardcore growers. Thinkin bout those....no issues so far?

Id go with the global greenhouses. Running 2 x 1000's right now. Run super cool @ 240v and no problems so far at all with hort bulbs.

B

billybadazz

I have the lumatek dual 600 and a 1000 both have burned up both under warranty, they both work fine but I like my galaxy ballasts better (got 2 600's and 2 1000's) they run cooler and my lumateks burn out bulbs (about 2 a year). I have heard good things about the nextgens but I hate CAP and won't support them anymore as they screwed me over on the XGC-1 enviro controller that burned up ($700 loss , I now have the sentinal cch-1 and it rocks!!!) there is my experience.....

T

Tuco420

Im running two dual 600w lumiteks with the supper lummins switch and two dual 250w gallaxys in four large ajusta-wings as a dual spectrum system, one 250w MH & one 600w HPS end to end in each large ajusta-wing, for a total of 3,400w's in a 12' by 8' room. Been using this setup for about a year now with no problems, other than one of the gallaxys being bad right Out of the box, one side would fire intermintly. kind of a pain in the ass is all i had to take it back three times, every time i got to the hydro store it would work fine, go figure huh! Other than that i love this system they run cool they're quiet and IMHO mutch brighter.

G

Gaphoon

been running 6 Global Greenhouse 1000w Hercules ballasts with no problems at all.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

no nextgen or xtream ballast users out there?

yeah i had a guy buy 10 solis-teks off me for a new room, after one run with his solis-teks he replaced 8 nextgens that had 2 or 3 cycles on them in a different 8k room.

treebark1950

treebark1950

I too really like the Solis tek and if you look in the right spots I've seen them under 250!

I'm slowly replacing all of my lumateks with them, as they work better with flop flops. Sometimes my lumateks won't fire a bulb when they flip, its random but I'll walk in and one of the lights won't be on.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

yeah they
I too really like the Solis tek and if you look in the right spots I've seen them under 250!

I'm slowly replacing all of my lumateks with them, as they work better with flop flops. Sometimes my lumateks won't fire a bulb when they flip, its random but I'll walk in and one of the lights won't be on.
i did hear from lumatek and horticontroll they were supposed to have a piece or something to allow lumateks to work on horti control flip boxs, but i encourage everyone to go solis-tek they're dope,

Top Bottom