Dr Greenthumbs Sour Diesel Grow Journal & Smoke report

• Thread starter Dr Gruber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr Gruber

Well what do you know?
I mentioned that the third seed had not popped yet and I was going to pop another to take its place.
I decieded to take a last look at the third seed and gave it a squeze, I heard the shell crack and could see the tap root trying to get out. So i let it go another day without germing the other seed and today it has a 1 inch long tap root coming out so I wont be germming the other seed to take its place. It may be a week behind or so but it will catch up quickly i think.
I have never had a seed take so long to pop...any ideas why?
My first thought is those are some hard shells on these babies.

S

Smokin Tree

Pullin up a chair for this one. I just ordered some of these beans myself. I liked your C99 journal and hope I can get an idea what I'm in for from you =).
Oh and good news about that 3rd bean, good luck man!

D

Dr Gruber

Pullin up a chair for this one. I just ordered some of these beans myself. I liked your C99 journal and hope I can get an idea what I'm in for from you =).
Oh and good news about that 3rd bean, good luck man!

Thanks Mr Tree!

420 Vet

I'm definitely gonna stay tuned to this one! :character0111:

D

Dr Gruber

I'm definitely gonna stay tuned to this one! :character0111:

Thanks 420, glad to have you along.

UPDATE-
I have transplanted two of the sprouts into plastic cups and the third has broken through the soil and has its leaves. It will probably go into a cup in a few days.:party0045:

Here are a few pictures..

IMG 0225
IMG 0226
IMG 0227
IMG 0228
IMG 0229
D

Dr Gruber

bonus shots

Here are some pictures of The last of my Doc Greenthumbs Columbian Skies. This one smells so nice, cant wait to smoke her. Day 42 of flower...

As you can see I over nuted them and I hardly gave them anything at all.

IMG 0217
IMG 0220
IMG 0221
IMG 0223
IMG 0224
D

Dr Gruber

Update

Here's the girls starting to grow up. The last one to pop is closest to the camera, its not as big yet but it is catching up.

IMG 0239
IMG 0238

420king-MASSES

i know a few people who use the docs gear exclusivly all of them say to add at least one week to your flowering schedule due to the stretch and sexing in the beginning of 12/12 everything that i have smoked of the docs gear has been hands down bangin hit you in the 3rd eye type shit good luck on your grow of ecsd owe its gonna go a total of "77 days of 12/12 make sure to flush last 2-3 weeks to pull the absolute best flav from her" [that is from an exclusive doc greenthumb gear grower that i know]

SourPuppy

SourPuppy

Lookin good Dr G!
Very interested in how these turn out for ya-always wanted to try the Sour-D.

Good Luck.

SP

socalval

socalval

Here are some pictures of The last of my Doc Greenthumbs Columbian Skies. This one smells so nice, cant wait to smoke her. Day 42 of flower...

As you can see I over nuted them and I hardly gave them anything at all.

im really:bongsmi: intrested in docs gear that columbian is kinda high in price but it his biggest :muscleyeilder 3 lbs outsider :joint: what do you think ... ? n how long did it take from start to now ?

D

Dr Gruber

i know a few people who use the docs gear exclusivly all of them say to add at least one week to your flowering schedule due to the stretch and sexing in the beginning of 12/12 everything that i have smoked of the docs gear has been hands down bangin hit you in the 3rd eye type shit good luck on your grow of ecsd owe its gonna go a total of "77 days of 12/12 make sure to flush last 2-3 weeks to pull the absolute best flav from her" [that is from an exclusive doc greenthumb gear grower that i know]
Thanks for the info King!
I found with the Cindy it did stretch for at least 2 weeks when I switched them to 12/12. 77 days huh? thats good to know.

Lookin good Dr G!
Very interested in how these turn out for ya-always wanted to try the Sour-D.

Good Luck.

SP

Thanks Sour!

D

Dr Gruber

im really:bongsmi: intrested in docs gear that columbian is kinda high in price but it his biggest :muscleyeilder 3 lbs outsider :joint: what do you think ... ? n how long did it take from start to now ?

I've had his columbian for a few years now and this is the first time under real lights, it was done under CFL's before and it never produced more then 3/4 of a oz per plant. It looks like it will yeild way more this time, and I still had some nute issues as well as other problems with it. I talked to someone who got 12 oz's per plant outdoors...not quite the 3 lbs mentioned but you never know waht problems he created like I did. I think the yeilds on the Docs site are for when it's grown under perfect conditions, by an advanced grower. So maybe you can get better results.

The one in the pictures is a clone of the original seed I popped and it's been in flower for about 49 days and will be ready at 56 days. The original seed was vegged for 43 days before flower, and I've never taken any of the clones past 63 days of flower.

The taste and smell is very old school, which I like alot. It's very potent and I plan to pop the rest of the seeds i still have in a cycle or two. I know I will miss her now that she's gone, but I still have some Millennium bud seeds to pop after the SD.
It's a bit different high then his C-99, not as racy, but still very nice sativa high.

D

Dr Gruber

His Endless Sky is actually an Indica dom, it's hard to say which is his best though...it depends on what you like. The Cindy could be his best sativa, but I havent tried them all yet, so who knows?

S

Smokin Tree

Commin along nicely Doc :) got my beans the other day but my rooms full atm so I'm just gonna watch your grow. Like your journals but you avatar is sorta creepy, whats it from? Anyhow keep up the good work, nice growth for 1 week

D

Dr Gruber

That is a picture of the actor and murderer Robert Blake from the movie "Lost Highway" by David Lynch.

Did you get the Sour Diesel also?
It will be nice to compare with yours when you get them going.

D

Dr Gruber

udate

They are all in small pots now and looking good.
Here are some more photos taken yesterday...the one on the back right is the oldest at 22 days, the back left is 15 days, and the front one is 11 days sine breaking dirt.
All the pots have been treated with microkote which prevents root spinout and works wonders building a stronger root system.

IMG 0249
IMG 0251
IMG 0252
IMG 0253
IMG 0254
IMG 0255
D

Dr Gruber

a link to a discussion about Microkote...

http://www.invalid.com/advanced-marijuana-cultivation/192556-results-root-pruning-microkote.html

D

Dr Gruber

very healthy looking

Thanks!

I havent givent them a drop of anything yet, I think the Foxfarm soil has enough in it to take them for awhile. I've heard that SD can be sensitive so I will be very careful with these. Also, with the microkote they should be getting more out of the soil then normal.

D

Dr Gruber

Update

Sorry about the delay, I got married and the last few weeks have been crazy.

Today I topped 2 of the 3 Sour Diesels using Uncle Bens topping method.
http://www.invalid.com/advanced-marijuana-cultivation/151706-uncle-bens-topping-technique-get.html

I may have been a little late in my topping but I should still achieve 4 main colas using his method. Special thanks to Uncle Ben for giving out all the free info and taking abuse while doing it. I must admit I was worried about cutting all that plant material off even after doing it a few times to my Cindy clones. When I cut them they were about 12 inches tall and cutting at the 2nd node left about 4 inches or so left, it should be an interesting experiment.

Here are some pictures.....notice on the plant I didnt top that the growth at the nodes is very slow. This was the slowest seed to germ and it looks kinda funky...I will keep it going see what happens. Any ideas why this is happening?

Peace everyone!---Dg

IMG 0266
IMG 0267
IMG 0265
IMG 0269
IMG 0270
IMG 0271
IMG 0272
Top Bottom