Dr Greenthumbs Sour Diesel Grow Journal & Smoke report

• Thread starter Dr Gruber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blaze 1

Can't wait to see this I think I might have to grab these.have a good one merry Christmas

D

Dr Gruber

Merry christmas!

Hope you all have a great holiday!

Today is day 72 and a few of the buds look ripe and ready. I will start the first part of my 2 part harvest system tomorrow, but only on 2 plants.

Peace-DG

BlackBart

BlackBart

Looking most excellent . Do yourself a favor and don't go by days and get yourself a Zoom 100x X 50x scope and check your glandular trichome color .

D

Dr Gruber

Looking most excellent . Do yourself a favor and don't go by days and get yourself a Zoom 100x X 50x scope and check your glandular trichome color .

I have a nice scope that I use to check trics everyday. I only count days to give me a general idea, but I have also learned to figure it out just by looking at the buds. When they "look ripe" they usually are, just like picking apples. Of course I then check them with the scope to be sure, but it hasnt failed me yet.

I also find that the whole plant doesnt finish at the same time. I have buds that have 100% pistil dieback and the trics are 65% cloudy and buds that are about 80% pistil dieback and 40 to 50 % cloudy on the same plant. And the lower buds on the same plant arent even close to that and have another week or two after the rest of the plant.

D

Dr Gruber

Harvest- Part #1...Plant #2

:harvest::harvest:Okay,
I just scoped out the buds on plant #2 and the buds on the next teir down from the main cola are done. About 65% to 75% cloudy trichs with about 1 or 2% amber coming in. I always do a 2 or 3 part harvest when I have enough healthy green leaves on the plant to keep the buds growing. The lower "popcorn" buds get much bigger with this method and thus my yeild goes up.
Having said that, this plant isnt really healthy enough to take it as long as I would like. But, I dont want the buds getting too much amber in them so I will start cutting the "ripe " buds today.:harvest::harvest::harvest:

The health of this plant really hurt the yeild and I'm guessing that I wont get more then 2- 2.5 zips from this one. Here are some pre-harvest pics, I will put up shots of the cut buds later...:harvest::harvest:

IMG 06061
IMG 06071
IMG 06121
IMG 06131
D

Dr Gruber

harvest shots-day 73

Here are some harvest shots, this stuff is sticky as hell and the smell is out of control. I ended up with 175 wet grams on the first part of the chop and still have a good bit more to go.:harvest:

IMG 06191
IMG 06201
IMG 06221
IMG 06241
IMG 06271
OGONLY

OGONLY

Nice job Dr. G! Looks bomb ass bro! We are at the same exact stage with our flowering beauties. I'm running mostly SFV OG right now and considering doing a 2 or 3 stage chop myself. Interestingly enough the buds on my SFV look almost identical to your S.D.

I've got 3 Dr. Greenthumb ECSD's vegging right now. They have been going 1 month and looking very nice. I've got them in 1 gallon coco containers. I took a tip off your thread and used the topping tecnique you said you used on one of my 3. Also did the same on a few of the Chemdog #4/ OGs I have vegging. Did you end up getting 4 colas on the plants you did this to? Will you do that same thing next time?

JH420

JH420

They be lookin good Doc...I do like your strategy of harvesting the tops first, especially on such tall plants. I don't see any nanners, have you seen any toward the end? The odd one would be acceptable from these genes, just curious to see if the herm tendancies are greater in the s1 version...

D

Dr Gruber

Nice job Dr. G! Looks bomb ass bro! We are at the same exact stage with our flowering beauties. I'm running mostly SFV OG right now and considering doing a 2 or 3 stage chop myself. Interestingly enough the buds on my SFV look almost identical to your S.D.

I've got 3 Dr. Greenthumb ECSD's vegging right now. They have been going 1 month and looking very nice. I've got them in 1 gallon coco containers. I took a tip off your thread and used the topping tecnique you said you used on one of my 3. Also did the same on a few of the Chemdog #4/ OGs I have vegging. Did you end up getting 4 colas on the plants you did this to? Will you do that same thing next time?

Thanks!
Sorry for my ignorance but what is SFV? Got any pics?
I didnt get 4 tops because I didnt do any training and the bottom two didnt develop enough. I will do it every time on Sativa doms that are known to stretch. Im leaving my indicas alone.

They be lookin good Doc...I do like your strategy of harvesting the tops first, especially on such tall plants. I don't see any nanners, have you seen any toward the end? The odd one would be acceptable from these genes, just curious to see if the herm tendancies are greater in the s1 version...

Yes, right at the end i did get a few nanners, but i havent seen a single seed yet.

Wait until I harvest the best one of them, it looks so much nicer then this one.

OGONLY

OGONLY

SFV stands for San Fernando Valley. SFV OG is one of if not THE original OG. It originated in the SF Valley some time around the early 90's I'm told. It is one of the strains that Swerve from Cali Connection uses most often for his OG crosses. It yields very well for an OG and is dank as hell if done right.

I trimmed a few branches last night. Below are some pics from the trim. Also included are some shots of my ECSD youngsters taken this AM. The one in the middle of the 3 is the one I topped using Old Mcdonald's topping tecnique. The last pic is of my SFV youngsters. They are eagerly awaiting being moved to theit new home. Things are very crowded in the 2x4 tray they are vegging in.

Trim shots 12 26 10 007
Trim shots 12 26 10 008
Trim shots 12 26 10 014
Trim shots 12 26 10 015
Trim shots 12 26 10 019
12 23 10 029
Trim shots 12 26 10 020
Trim shots 12 26 10 021
Trim shots 12 26 10 022
Trim shots 12 26 10 025
D

Dr Gruber

SFV stands for San Fernando Valley. SFV OG is one of if not THE original OG. It originated in the SF Valley some time around the early 90's I'm told. It is one of the strains that Swerve from Cali Connection uses most often for his OG crosses. It yields very well for an OG and is dank as hell if done right.

I trimmed a few branches last night. Below are some pics from the trim. Also included are some shots of my ECSD youngsters taken this AM. The one in the middle of the 3 is the one I topped using Old Mcdonald's topping tecnique. The last pic is of my SFV youngsters. They are eagerly awaiting being moved to theit new home. Things are very crowded in the 2x4 tray they are vegging in.

Thanks for the pics and explanation. They do look alot alike, but I ve found that alot of varieties look somwhat the same. Cant remember if you already told me but where did you get your ECSD from?

OGONLY

OGONLY

Got the ECSD from Dr. Green Thumb. They are from seed, sprouted exactly 29 days ago.

Expecting some fun stuff this next round. Feel like both the quality and variety of my genetics is finally right on for my next round. Very excitedabout the ECSD, OG/ Chemdog #4 (from seed) and White Russian (from Clone). Got the White Russian from a friend who got it from a friend. It was supposedly tested at 22% THC. Not sure if I believe that, but do believe my friend when he says it super dank. Anyway, can't wait to see how they do. All are in coco (my first coco run) except for the SFV OG which are in 4 in. rockwool. They will be placed on top of a 6 in. rockwool cube in flower.

D

Dubsta

Looking good gruber, That ecsd looks almost spot on to the clone. I can't wait to get it again i only got to run in once before i lost it.. The SFV OG Kush is another i need to get i had beans of it that came from capt krip that were lost at the same time as the ecsd. sad times but i love your grow an choice of genetics. keep it up ~dub

D

Dr Gruber

Harvest Pictures

Here is plant #2 all chopped up and ready to dry. I got 365 wet grams form her.

IMG 06412
IMG 06422
IMG 06442
IMG 06452
D

Dr Gruber

plant 3

Plant #3 ready for the chop...:harvest::harvest::harvest::harvest:

IMG 06481
IMG 06471
SourPuppy

SourPuppy

Jesus Doc,Just stop rubbing it in already,jk
Nah,those nugz look dank as hell broham,Great job with the thread.

Respect !

D

Dr Gruber

Jesus Doc,Just stop rubbing it in already,jk
Nah,those nugz look dank as hell broham,Great job with the thread.

Respect !

Thanks Sour Puppy!
The smell is so thick on these that they smell like burnt rubber, but Im not rubbing it in.lol

Top Bottom