Dr Greenthumbs Sour Diesel Grow Journal & Smoke report

• Thread starter Dr Gruber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Lookin good Doc...jus wonderin why you take wet weights? Somewhat meaningless and leads to dissapointment imho.

D

Dr Gruber

Lookin good Doc...jus wonderin why you take wet weights? Somewhat meaningless and leads to dissapointment imho.

Its really just for my amusment. I like to see how each plant sheds its water weight and I make guesses regarding what I will get in the end. I go with the general rule of losing 75% in water weight and Im not usualy disapointed because I always make guesses a little short.
My Cindy99 lost exactly 75% of its weight, while the Columbian lost more like 80% or so. i guessed 3 oz's from the cindy and got 4, so I was a happy man.Then on the next cindy i know exactly how much weight it would lose so my guess was right on.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Yo Doc looks sick! In your pic #3 that cola looks to have taken on a purpelish hue. Am I right or is that just my immagination. My SFVs have started taking on a purple hue over the past 5 days. Trippin on it. Never seen it happen on this strain.

I'm stoked after seeing your results Doc. My ECSDs are really taking off at this stage. Interestingly my biggest one (20% bigger than the other 2) has some yellowish almost brownish something going on on 4 leaves. It is on the extreme outside of the leaves and more toward the base of the leaf than the tip. The leaves are gigantic compared to the leaves on the other plans so it can't be too unhappy. Any idea what that is from? I'm feeding them an average ppm of about 475, PH always 5.7 or 5.8.

I don't think its a bad idea to check wet weight. I've never done it (or known anyone to) but as long as you know you are going to lose about half of that to water there is no disappointment necessary. I think it would be interesting first to see exactly how much wet weight is actually water. Once you figure that out it would give you a baseline to determine dry weight based on wet weight. Of course there are variables such as a plant being fed the night before chop. being considerably heavier than a plant that had not been watered for 2 or 3 days in prep. for chop.

Don't see myself doing it because it is alot of work IMO to weigh wet herb. Whenever I'm chopping or trimming it seems like the job is never ending as it is...

D

Dr Gruber

Yo Doc looks sick! In your pic #3 that cola looks to have taken on a purpelish hue. Am I right or is that just my immagination. My SFVs have started taking on a purple hue over the past 5 days. Trippin on it. Never seen it happen on this strain.

I'm stoked after seeing your results Doc. My ECSDs are really taking off at this stage. Interestingly my biggest one (20% bigger than the other 2) has some yellowish almost brownish something going on on 4 leaves. It is on the extreme outside of the leaves and more toward the base of the leaf than the tip. The leaves are gigantic compared to the leaves on the other plans so it can't be too unhappy. Any idea what that is from? I'm feeding them an average ppm of about 475, PH always 5.7 or 5.8.

I don't think its a bad idea to check wet weight. I've never done it (or known anyone to) but as long as you know you are going to lose about half of that to water there is no disappointment necessary. I think it would be interesting first to see exactly how much wet weight is actually water. Once you figure that out it would give you a baseline to determine dry weight based on wet weight. Of course there are variables such as a plant being fed the night before chop. being considerably heavier than a plant that had not been watered for 2 or 3 days in prep. for chop.

Don't see myself doing it because it is alot of work IMO to weigh wet herb. Whenever I'm chopping or trimming it seems like the job is never ending as it is...

Yes, some of them do have a purple hue to them which i didnt expect.

I was going to write about this at the end but it sounds like you have some of the issues I did. My problem is FOXfarm soil is very hot. I checked it right out of the bag and it was off my ppm meter..over 2000 ppm. By week 2 or 3 of flower every plant I have ever grown in FF burns up at that time. What i did to correct that is a big flush right as they go into flower or after a week or so. First check the runnoff water ppm and go from there. Are you in soil or hydro? Flower or Veg? Sometimes my seedlings will burn a bit in veg(yellow or brown spots) but it doesnt seem to hurt them much.
Post a pic if you have one...

I was so confused because I didnt feed these plants anything and they started burning, then I found out just how hot FF really is.

On a side note...just wait until I do plant #1...its colas are huge compared to the first two.

By the way..checking wet weight is really easy for me. Once all buds are cut i stack them on the scale and it only takes 2 mins.

D

Dr Gruber

plant #1

Here she is, my pride and glory ready for chop...:harvest::harvest::harvest:

She has a few yellow leaves but for 79 days of flower she looks pretty good to me. I have never kept a plant this healthy all the way through flower and this is my goal from now on. "Keep em green" and they produce alot more. She looks like her yeild will be way better then the frist 2, i will be chopping her in a few and will get back with some pictures soon.

Happy New Year to all......

IMG 06761
IMG 06771
IMG 06781
IMG 06811
IMG 06821
IMG 06831
IMG 06851
K

KushChemDiesel

The breeder done an excellent job with these they resemble the clone a lot,

looks dank Dr G after 2 weeks in the jars you got some str8 fire right there :)

did you notice any nana's towards the end or has the breeder got rid of that trait with the seed version?

kcd

D

Dr Gruber

A couple plants threw some late nanners but it wasnt much to worry about. Ive cracked open a few dried buds and there arent any seeds at all...not even little undeveloped ones.

Ive been hearing it looks just like the original ECSD...but I keep hearing that about all of the Doc's strains.He is just a great breeder...nuff said.

T

tou.bill

VERY NICE... Cant wait for a smoke report.... Hows the smell?

THANKS FOR POSTING

pura

pura

Happy new year bro!..You killed it with that Diesel.. My Sour13 are monsters already with only a 3wk veg thus far. Have you worked with docs Sour13? Hope shes not a stretcher in flower. I might just take cuts and train them down.

D

Dr Gruber

VERY NICE... Cant wait for a smoke report.... Hows the smell?

The smell is Skunk/burnt rubber and very strong at that.

U rocked it dude!

one fine ecsd specimen

Thanks Northone...you helped alot.

Happy new year bro!..You killed it with that Diesel.. My Sour13 are monsters already with only a 3wk veg thus far. Have you worked with docs Sour13? Hope shes not a stretcher in flower. I might just take cuts and train them down.

I havent done the S13 but check this out...

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?showtopic=20486&view=getnewpost

D

Dr Gruber

I couldnt resist........plant #1 coming down. Two big Dom colas from 1 plant using Uncle Bens topping method.
Does anybody know where to get bigger Mason Jars?

IMG 06871
IMG 06901
IMG 06921
D

Dr Sharpe

May I congratulate you on your latest specimen. Best one yet!! I am proud to be a colleague of yours.:friday:

D

Dr Gruber

Sorry its been so long but i have been very sick, but feeling better now.
The SD is in jars curing and waiting for a smoke report...should be soon.
The final plant is still finishing, I did it in a 2 stage harverst and the bottom third is a few days to a week away from being done. It is going to yeild much better then the other two and the smell is better on this one also.
So far the smoke Ive tried is awesome and better then or as good as any SD ive ever smoked. Primo!

JH420

JH420

Looks good bro, lookin forward to the smoke report, not that I'm not sold already.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Great Job Gruber. You did the Dr. Proud. He should be pleased with your thread. Really looking forward to the report.

fred

Top Bottom