Dr. Sanjay Gupta--Why I Changed My Mind About Weed

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natural

Natural

But every strain of hemp is less than 3% THC by what will be legal definition and that can be an extremely good thing growing Hemp for medical usage.. Hemp to me does not mean fiber exclusive uses, and of course like any strain not "every" plant type is the same for profile. So you disagree that hemp has medicinal applications becasue this Charetts web came from those conversations of hemp having medicinal value..

So you would argue that strains high in CBD, CBN and extremely low THC should be considered by law to be Marijuana? Seems like a play on words what definitions have taken meaning since the 1700's..

Eureka! ..never thought of it that way..brilliant!

Natural

Natural

You've got your work cut out for you azmmj. From my perspective available strains with high CBD have been cultivated(discovered) through medicinal THC rich Cannabis...and not so much through Industry Hemp. But a loophole that could very well prove worthy to take advantage of. Great luck in your ventures.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

You've got your work cut out for you azmmj. From my perspective available strains with high CBD have been cultivated(discovered) through medicinal THC rich Cannabis...and not so much through Industry Hemp. But a loophole that could very well prove worthy to take advantage of. Great luck in your ventures.
Thanks there is another side to my thinking and what i'm doing behind the scenes, with regards to Monsanto esq. companies. The industry of hemp is on the verge of a comeback and congress will act on that before MMJ IMHO, preservation of non GMO seeds of hemp is paramount.. Let me just say this, that we should all be loudly stating that hemp has medicnal value.. Monsanto has no cry against them for GMO Cotton, because nobody eats cotton or uses it as medicine. What is going to happen to the hemp fields when Monsanto rolls out the seed to farmers and pollen drift occurs?

We need safeguarded heirloom hemp seed as well. IDK that may be the first that has been thrown out, years i've been saying shit that has been coming true, I was saying that big pharma would be getting licensed before it happened and that they would secure "their" genetics by patent.. I was pointing out the Government patent from the Dept of health from the Get go and finally I hear someone like Sanje to say it.. That has been huge but advocates haven't pushed it, Hell I've tried getting that up to Attorneys but to no avail.. We need to think in terms of Legalities, legal definitions....

Believe me we may only one day be able to grow "Hemp" legally and Mmj that "can make no claim to cure or treat any disease" (FDA rules).. Remember the 14th amendment applies to big pharma too.. I don't think congress will allow big pharma and pharmacies to get a pass on regulations against them because of MMJ..

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks there is another side to my thinking in what i'm doing behind the scenes, with regards to Monsanto and the industry on the verge of a comeback, preservation of non GMO seeds.. Let me just say this, that we should all be loudly stating that hemp has medicnal value.. Monsanto has no cry against them for GMO Cotton, because nobody eats cotton or uses it as medicine. What is going to happen to the hemp fields when Monsanto rolls out the seed to farmers and pollen drift occurs? We need safeguarded heirloom hemp seed as well.

Damn straight! Someday, Monsanto's sins will be visited back upon themselves, and they will have no friends to stand with them. I'm working for that day to come soon.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Sadly I believe a company "like monsanto" already has GMO seeds ready to ship to Kentucky, think about it, when Congress is done gettin new bed partners in the hemp industry and the green light is given, where is kentucky going to ge the seed from? Because I bet it will be there licked split. and perhaps a means to do us all in..

Natural

Natural

Sadly I believe a company "like monsanto" already has GMO seeds ready to ship to Kentucky, think about it, when Congress is done gettin new bed partners in the hemp industry and the green light is given, where is kentucky going to ge the seed from? Because I bet it will be there licked split. and perhaps a means to do us all in..
Yes..but I highly doubt they have unlocked a way to produce consistent profiles through gene manipulation yet..or have they? Also, not all farmer's have conceded to Monsanto seed. The way to grow CBD Hemp would be to clone the shit out of some Mom's..like some of the guys I saw an article in CO..the first Hemp Fields!..they were cloning heirloom Hemp.
Plus they will never be able to get rid of homegrown thc plants..ever ever ever.
and believe me when I say there is plenty of good research and personal experiences that suggest THC and CBD together are mighty healers!
In addition, I don't believe Hemp needs any Round-Up..lol.

Lastly, fuck monsanto!

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Their crushed fan leaves were 8%. I dont fuckin think so.
The crushed leaves and that midgrade 36% thc bud was ridiculous. Other than that I think it was positive.

I wasnt expecting that program to be so tear-jerker. I made my mom and her husband watch it, my mom liked it but her husband was just poker faced the whole time. Not a word out of him for an hour, he knows I grow weed but I dont normally shove it in his face like that. He cried too, lol!
I fucking cheered when they showed that guy in Jerusalem stating he's cancer free. I take MMJ for pain, lots and lots of well documented pain for a congenital spinal condition and a automobile accident. most of my body has been under surgery and contains hardware., 6 years ago on top of that diagnosed with a benign tumor in T1 that I believe the result of surgeries or 2 solid years of eppidurals.

As I posted on a previous thread, I hardly go to the doctors much any longer because I have what I need and little faith in the.. I have more problems again in my neck now and around T1 and was concerned the tumor may have grown,, it had been 3 years since the last CT scan... The tumor is gone,, cured,, vanished.. The good news as well is that my Primary Care Dr. has been in the loop with my MMJ.. This for him was eye opening. Bad news I need surgery again,, good news is I'm typing this without surgery. This is what is weighing on me heavily is my story needs to be told but I have to worry about my children being taken away.

Natural

Natural

Yep..gotta be wise..family first. I'm sure somewhere to produce other than where they reside if you ever get into any spotlight situation would help. Best to just keep prepping till that's all worked out and "legal" at least in your State's eyes. Which would be the deciding factor there..very fucking unfortunate that in a supposed free society we would have to fear such a thing..downright despicable on all terms.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Yes..but I highly doubt they have unlocked a way to produce consistent profiles through gene manipulation yet..or have they? Also, not all farmer's have conceded to Monsanto seed. The way to grow CBD Hemp would be to clone the shit out of some Mom's..like some of the guys I saw an article in CO..the first Hemp Fields!..they were cloning heirloom Hemp.
Plus they will never be able to get rid of homegrown thc plants..ever ever ever.
and believe me when I say there is plenty of good research and personal experiences that suggest THC and CBD together are mighty healers!
In addition, I don't believe Hemp needs any Round-Up..lol.

Lastly, fuck monsanto!
They just have to do what they already did with cotton, corn ect and let "open pollination" and birds re distributing their seeds and own their completions crops by way of patent infringement. Monsanto esq, companies don't need all the farmers to sign up, just a few and the trucks, birds, bees, wind , bugs do the rest.. In a few years there is a knock at the door with a summons, we have determined you plants have our gene in them.. Hell it could be a fish gene, roundup ready gene,, whatever gene they pull out of their hat. Hell maby they will plant crops upwind of seed growers lol.. Read Monsanto reply to the organics farmers suit that went to the supreme court that they have never sued any farmer over "their right" for cross pollination.. however many many farmers claim that is how their crops became "Monsatos crops"

Natural

Natural

I agree..have heard stories and especially one in Canada (amongst so many others) where they sued and took the family farm. Holy Fuck! The trick would be to get your starin cloned and somehow she is infertile..that would be nice...but very hard to pull off without gene manipulation itself. For sure though hemp is starting back up..like you predict. Sure would be nice to draw some lines of our own.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

the first Hemp Fields!..they were cloning heirloom Hemp.

I don't believe Hemp needs any Round-Up..lol.

Lastly, fuck monsanto!

Cloning isn't the way big industry will be doing this, it won't be cost effective, planting seeds just like my farming family does it by tractor will be the way.., Cloning will certainly be the way we do it for hemp strains of medicinal value but we better make sure no pollen drift occurs on any plants we plan on seeding out... Who would have thought corn would have been virtually destroyed ever ever ever since the 90's? Breeders better just breed indoors.. I predict 2 years heirloom seed companies will be out of business from law suits..

It doesn't matter if the plant needs the round up ready gene, could be a fish gene for all they care. so long as it's a reason to controll your crops make you close up your business and pay them their settlement. I wouldn't say ever ever ever.. With legalization comes a whole new beast.

Natural

Natural

I love your ideas. Maybe we make our seed not in the fields and perhaps it may be fruitful to invent some 20'ft high no pollen fencing of some sort..not sure here. Or better yet..get rid of monsanto altogether or incapacitate their right to sue over nature.
God bless

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

I agree..have heard stories and especially one in Canada (amongst so many others) where they sued and took the family farm. Holy Fuck! The trick would be to get your starin cloned and somehow she is infertile..that would be nice...but very hard to pull off without gene manipulation itself. For sure though hemp is starting back up..like you predict. Sure would be nice to draw some lines of our own.
I'm working on that as we speak, lucky for us, and I'm letting the cat out now, so consider this publishing.. We are the answer or I should say our methods of indoor cultivation are the answere to fighting GMO... Indoor grows scrubbing for pollen drift like we do for smell, gives a legal challenge to GMO companies that we are taking measures to secure our herloom seeds from "contamination" that is winnable IMHO in court..

We clone indoors and breed indoors and can transplant outdoors for harvest only, not just mmj plants but fruits and veggies as well.. It keeps it clean and "IF" by chance a strain gets a GMO trait it is called "innocent infringement" because we took measures to prevent and did not know.

I've worked on DNA extraction of my genetics but hit the wall when coming to licensing and it became apparent that the "scedule 3 licences" given by 3rd party company to the limited number of big pharma was done so to keep us out.. Folks this is the trojan horse and another reason I must step forward at some point.

A lot of what I talk about is written into US Dept of AG laws, particularly the Organics legal provisions of open pollination requirements to call something Heirloom. Europe is in a big batle right now over registering seeds that for another seed to be licensed it has to be proven better than one on the market.. We all have to be thinking down the field for when this becomes legal.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

I love your ideas. Maybe we make our seed not in the fields and perhaps it may be fruitful to invent some 20'ft high no pollen fencing of some sort..not sure here. Or better yet..get rid of monsanto altogether or incapacitate their right to sue over nature.
God bless
Exactly seed indoors, pollen fence wont matter for birds pickin up seed and shitting them into your field.. Keep in mind all of the corn farmers 700 of them all claimed it was cross pollenation,, Monsanto claimed they stole seed... Monsanto is getting rid of itself, they have announced no new GMO plant modifications in Europe,, HOEWEVER, they have bought Fox Farm Nutes which should be telling,, there is now a flood of NEW GMO startups entering Europe.. Monsanto just paved the legal road and now the new players enter the arena..

Picture this a heirloom seed company in existence for many many years is open pollinating tomatoes as law requires for herlooms,, un benowst to them a GMO startup is up wind growing tomatoes,, the bees venture to the heirloom field as well as birds depositing seeds and wind.. The Herloom seed company would have no way of knowing what gene to look for, but the GMO company would after a couple years,, knock knock knock, here is you summons.. and the little mom and pop heriloom company goes by by..

But one of my friends is starting a movement called FIG 4 (family in-home gardens 4 preservation of Non GMO seeds) about to be unveiled of indoor growers having insight of patent law and fighting back.. There is something good in that for us as well of teaching veggie, medicinal plant and fruit growers about this venture to protect heirloom seeds,, and that is scrubbing a signature law enforcement uses against us. all the signatures of our indoor grows will be popping up across America and the world making it a moot point. So we get monsanto back by having backups of heirloom seeds which may become valuable as people realize the now have to grow for seed diferently..

ttystikk

ttystikk

Cloning isn't the way big industry will be doing this, it won't be cost effective, planting seeds just like my farming family does it by tractor will be the way.., Cloning will certainly be the way we do it for hemp strains of medicinal value but we better make sure no pollen drift occurs on any plants we plan on seeding out... Who would have thought corn would have been virtually destroyed ever ever ever since the 90's? Breeders better just breed indoors.. I predict 2 years heirloom seed companies will be out of business from law suits..

It doesn't matter if the plant needs the round up ready gene, could be a fish gene for all they care. so long as it's a reason to controll your crops make you close up your business and pay them their settlement. I wouldn't say ever ever ever.. With legalization comes a whole new beast.

Even if Monsanto doesn't play games with the genome, I think legalizing hemp in the US will force breeders indoors. All that hemp pollen flying around will ruin any breeding work being done outside...

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Even if Monsanto doesn't play games with the genome, I think legalizing hemp in the US will force breeders indoors. All that hemp pollen flying around will ruin any breeding work being done outside...
exactly it's going to be a repeat of Corn pollen proliferating the air in corn country, virtually all of our corn is now GMO. I wouldn't put it past The DEA to get in bed with the GMO companies and dump pollen on our houses, lol hell if they would spary paraquat why not,, can you imajine a breeder getting complaints from his clients that Bubba is 10 feet tall and lost it's punch lol..

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

I need to make a disclaimer for my friend about his movement he's starting, the seeds hes' preserving are heirloom fruits, veggies and medicinal herbs other than MMJ.. ; ) hate to get him in any trouble and he doesn't know I use to grow too.. Just sayen..

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Ok, Az please double check your sources because much of what you have stated in your past few posts is either speculation or just not true. Fox Farm is NOT owned by Monsanto. I heard that rumor too, but I checked into it and found it was 100% false. Secondly, while there may be European companies that are working on GMOs the European governments are not friendly to their products at all. Europe has all but banned Monsanto seeds and is not friendly towards the company at all, and many other countries are following suit. European nations tend to appodt a mentality that things are not safe until they have been scientifically proven to be safe; the USA has seemingly adopted the opposite mentality, products are safe until proven harmful. Hopefully the countries that are trying to control the spread of GMOs will create safe havens for growing non modified crops. Third, while much of the corn grown in the USA is genetically modified, very little of that genetically modified corn makes it to our food products. I am not saying we are not eating GM corn or other foods, we most certainly are, but they are not always the foods we think they are. Let us not forget the first commercially available GM food was a tomato, a product which was pulled out of circulation by the end of the 90's.

On the topic of where to source hemp seed, there is Canada or Germany. Both countries have been growing high quality industrial hemp for years. These would be good sources of high quality genetics for industrial hemp until American farmers could create their own varieties.

But I have to say, I highly doubt the USA will allow industrial hemp before medical or recreational cannabis. Farmers in South Dakota have been trying to get legal permissions to grow industrial hemp for at least a decade and have had no success. This movement has had little public visibility or public support. There is little public outcry for industrial hemp production, even though it could save thousands of small farms that are otherwise failing across this country. However the issues of medical and recreational use of Cannabis is very visible to the American public and has widespread support. Even in this community there is surprisingly little vocal support for industrial hemp, we are also very caught up in the fight for medical or recreational support. So I personally do not see industrial hemp taking center stage, and it will simply be allowed once recreational use is. We must not forget the US government makes absolutely no distinction between industrial hemp and recreational or medical marijuana.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What I want to know is. Did anyone catch the part when he went to the University Of Mississippi, and the guy running this operation gave Sanjay a bud and said it was 36% THC? What strain was that and where do you find this :)
I haven't seen it yet, been sick the past couple of days. Fortunately, my husband always has his thinkin' cap on and he recorded it for me. Hopefully I'll have time to watch it today before we leave for our next trip (yet another half marathon, this one out by Lassen).

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ok, Az please double check your sources because much of what you have stated in your past few posts is either speculation or just not true. Fox Farm is NOT owned by Monsanto. I heard that rumor too, but I checked into it and found it was 100% false. Secondly, while there may be European companies that are working on GMOs the European governments are not friendly to their products at all. Europe has all but banned Monsanto seeds and is not friendly towards the company at all, and many other countries are following suit. European nations tend to appodt a mentality that things are not safe until they have been scientifically proven to be safe; the USA has seemingly adopted the opposite mentality, products are safe until proven harmful. Hopefully the countries that are trying to control the spread of GMOs will create safe havens for growing non modified crops. Third, while much of the corn grown in the USA is genetically modified, very little of that genetically modified corn makes it to our food products. I am not saying we are not eating GM corn or other foods, we most certainly are, but they are not always the foods we think they are. Let us not forget the first commercially available GM food was a tomato, a product which was pulled out of circulation by the end of the 90's.

On the topic of where to source hemp seed, there is Canada or Germany. Both countries have been growing high quality industrial hemp for years. These would be good sources of high quality genetics for industrial hemp until American farmers could create their own varieties.

But I have to say, I highly doubt the USA will allow industrial hemp before medical or recreational cannabis. Farmers in South Dakota have been trying to get legal permissions to grow industrial hemp for at least a decade and have had no success. This movement has had little public visibility or public support. There is little public outcry for industrial hemp production, even though it could save thousands of small farms that are otherwise failing across this country. However the issues of medical and recreational use of Cannabis is very visible to the American public and has widespread support. Even in this community there is surprisingly little vocal support for industrial hemp, we are also very caught up in the fight for medical or recreational support. So I personally do not see industrial hemp taking center stage, and it will simply be allowed once recreational use is. We must not forget the US government makes absolutely no distinction between industrial hemp and recreational or medical marijuana.

Thank you for sharing the results of your research. Your comments regarding the basic approach of European government oversight and America's are absolutely on point! I will go one step further here; the FDA's approach amounts to making the patient the last product safety study! The one that should have been done BEFORE the drug hit the market!

Thanks for the deets on GMO corn and tomatoes, as well. I don't think it's asking too much to require the label GMO on foods that have been, but it is a telling example of where the real power lies in American politics that one company can singlehandedly circumvent the wishes of HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF REGISTERED VOTERS!

ANY doubts an American citizen may have about the overreach of corporate power in this country need look no further for proof; this isn't 'like' putting profits ahead of public health, it IS doing so- with the full support of the Federal Government!

On to industrial hemp- I've had the privilege of being involved in that industry and all the promises are rooted in real potential; your bird's favorite seeds in a bag of mix are going to be pot seeds. Why? Great flavor, and very high in protein! It's one of the best, most nutritious grains out there! Of course there are all the things you can do with a plant based industrial feedstock, from building materials to plastics. Hemp will be even better than switch grass in the supply chain for ethanol/methanol, as well.

Those are the reasons for the resistance to legalization. Archer Daniels Midland is the Monsanto of corn production in this country. They're the ones who made high fructose corn syrup the planet's leading sweetener, and they'll take a dim view to legalizing hemp so it can become competition for corn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom