Dragons Flame Genetics 2020 and beyond...

• Thread starter Dragonsflame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Got any strains worth while for north of 45degrees lat?

Yea, dragons stash, love stash, dragons brew, orange dragon rider, missys stash all would be solid choices great mold resistance great mildew get big and terpy

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Doing your blueberry dragon cheese right now. This was early week 5. Very impressed with the structure and uniformity... and by far the loudest of the 4 strains in the room... she reeks to high heaven and has amazing good early trich production. Hoping she may pull some color out near the end. But very very impressed with this strain so far.

20210103 131325
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Doing your blueberry dragon cheese right now. This was early week 5. Very impressed with the structure and uniformity... and by far the loudest of the 4 strains in the room... she reeks to high heaven and has amazing good early trich production. Hoping she may pull some color out near the end. But very very impressed with this strain so far.
Nominated..not really but u know wat i mean

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter

awesome glad to hear you are enjoying shes definitely a well loved one. Makes killer hash to

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Your stuff looks dope dragonsflame. That Missys looks fucking wicked every time I see the pics the trichomes blow my mind it definitely looks tempting. I bought way too many seeds in 2020 I don't have enough space and room to run all the dope shit I currently got. Your definitely on the list down the line when I start ordering seeds again Im gonna be hitting you up for sure.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Your stuff looks dope dragonsflame. That Missys looks fucking wicked every time I see the pics the trichomes blow my mind it definitely looks tempting. I bought way too many seeds in 2020 I don't have enough space and room to run all the dope shit I currently got. Your definitely on the list down the line when I start ordering seeds again Im gonna be hitting you up for sure.
You have his dragons garlic breath. Those are his beans I gave ya.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

You have his dragons garlic breath. Those are his beans I gave ya.
Yes that is correct. Thug pug collaboration thats right. I popped 2 beans one got helmet head really bad it was my bad I though I pushed it deep enough but shell still got stuck. I did my surgery on her with an exacto blade and I though it was good but it never recovered. The other one however is rocking in the tent looking great got nice broad leaf display with that shiny green thing going on. It definitely looks interesting I hope this one is a girl 🤞. It's running next to 3 other strains all reg beans so its always a gamble which ones are gonna be the females. I will be starting thread soon on that grow they are still relatively small. Down the line Im gonna order that Missys just cant buy any more seeds now my wife will kill me I have reached my seed quota gotta wait LOL.

SinCity

SinCity

Since last I was on thc farmer, we pulled off our final season in Oregon. We did a nice 48 plant outdoor full term garden, and pollinated it all with my Red Jurassic pheno of dragons stash f2.

I did some f3 stock creation and finally took my dragons stash f2 line to f3. Its been god...5 or 6 years now of learning my f2s before feeling confident enough to properly move it from f2 to f3. But, its something Im super proud of and is something im very happy to see come together. My goal is to lock down the Sour blueberry gas fume terp profile, and lock down the mildew/mold resistance, potency, and extreme stability and plant size potential and if I also happen to lock down the red colors to, that's dope but that's secondary.

We also made new more refined versions of a few of my lines I previously used 3 dragons stash f2 males to outcross and went thru a grip of those to see what was happening and what was passed along, and how various males combined with different gals. This time I just used the red pheno, which seems to pass along the blueberry gas the most consistently, as well as the potency. The red color is beautiful for sure, but its not what my selection was about, just an added bonus. Anyway, Im high and rambling now lol.

The recreations were my missys stash - version 2 now (Congolese Kush)
Tahoe Dragon Cookies version 2 (white Tahoe cookies)
Dragons Brew Version 3 now (Blackberry moonshine 12)

Also made a grip of fresh new f1s using my library of mothers. Pretty excited to see how they all test out...gonna definitely be a few years worth of work testing and seeing whats what.

View attachment 942311View attachment 942315View attachment 942318View attachment 942319View attachment 942320View attachment 942321View attachment 942322View attachment 942323

Do my eyes deceive me?? Could it be?? Shhhhh everyone--be vewy vewy quiet. No sudden movements. We are witnessing a rare and beautiful creature--one that only occasionally shows itself. A breeder, a real live breeder.

I am not a breeder by any stretch of the imagination--i don't have the time, the patience, nor the space. But I sure as hell know one when I hear one.

Thank you so much for sharing. Several people agree that we have to start all over again by going back to the older landraces--then carefully selecting and growing out over and over and over. What a deep pleasure to read this thread.

SinCity

SinCity

Awesome man! I Ran your Dragon Cheese recently and am beyond impressed with it. Even with me overfeeding accidentally due to a crusty ppm meter she produced amazing flowers. Very, very nice stuff. Buddy of mine in Ontario turned me on to your gear. It's honestly some of the first gear from seed to really impress me in a long time. Glad to see you here and look forward to seeing what you got goin on.

Here was the dragon cheese, please forgive the slight fert burn.. lolView attachment 942348

How cool to see the Co-op lighter--a nice memory from my stint in BC.

SinCity

SinCity

SinCity

SinCity

yea all 3 of those should give you some very awesome keepers! and thats also a nice array of different ones. The BMS bx1 is coming out Febreze n gas, or tangerines n gas.

The orange stash is one im super pumped on, v1 is about to make release and its looking like v - lisa will be shortly behind. I havent quite decided how i want to make packs on that one...When I did the stash f2s with multiple parents i put all thru stress testing and once proven, i mixed the seeds of the moms in packs, so each pack of 11-13 seeds had a few from each mother. While it was a success in many ways, part of me thinks the better way would be have each mom separately labeled. then part of me is like well it seems silly to be selling 4 versions of the same cross at the same time, so maybe do them like a double pack, where buying the "orange stash" got you a pack of each version that's passed testing. Depending on time, could be as many as 6 different versions. Although the 5 and 6 versions seem to have been vaulted by my testors so those will be atleast another year i suspect before even being considered for release.

Curious to hear if anyone wants to weigh in on that rant lol. if that even made sense, Im smoking on some nimbus 2000 x lolab valley kashmiri and its got my mind going faster then my hands wanna type lol

not a rant at all. highly enjoyable reading. totally understand the decision you're trying to make. in my opinion, labeling each mom would be cool. not silly at all for week geeks like me.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Do my eyes deceive me?? Could it be?? Shhhhh everyone--be vewy vewy quiet. No sudden movements. We are witnessing a rare and beautiful creature--one that only occasionally shows itself. A breeder, a real live breeder.

I am not a breeder by any stretch of the imagination--i don't have the time, the patience, nor the space. But I sure as hell know one when I hear one.

Thank you so much for sharing. Several people agree that we have to start all over again by going back to the older landraces--then carefully selecting and growing out over and over and over. What a deep pleasure to read this thread.

shhhh I see a nice juicy wabbit lol.
Cheers bud and enjoy the show :)

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
not a rant at all. highly enjoyable reading. totally understand the decision you're trying to make. in my opinion, labeling each mom would be cool. not silly at all for week geeks like me.

Yea we decided across the board that for the sake of posterity and 110% unambiguity to label moms, and release as that mom. For some we will do double packs.

Like our stash f3 release, we have it being sold as if it was a normal 11 pack, but inside the packaging there's 2 vials, one sealed with red wax to symbolizing the red line version, and a green sealed vial to symbolize the green version.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Things here in hawaii are doing very nicely. Im not sure if anyone has checked it out, but our we had our website rebuilt and totally redesigned. Much happier with the look and feel, and we can now process bitcoin orders direct thru the site, and in general, are able to keep track of orders, and process them much faster. We also are doing a fun contest right now for 3 free packs of seeds thru the website if anyone cares to enter.

Contest | Dragon's Flame Genetics is the direct link..

In garden news...we are mid week 3 on cycle 3, and everythings looking good. Some of the old elites really aren't liking hawaii and Im suspecting Im going to have to make some really hard judgement calls soon..

Unfortunately, the Triangle Kush, 92 Og, Carmel Crasher, Peanut butter breath, and my Orange dreams #3 really dont seem to be liking hawaii. Even with a very vigorous IPM regiment using a wide array of organic products, they are struggling with all the humidity, and want to get leaf septoria and pm.

I never thought I would intentionally cull the tk and 92 og especially, but im now thinking for my work to move forward Im going to have to make a tough call...hawaii isn't for every strain that's for sure, and the tropical rainforest definitely pushes the limits of cuts...let alone old tired cuts

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Things here in hawaii are doing very nicely. Im not sure if anyone has checked it out, but our we had our website rebuilt and totally redesigned. Much happier with the look and feel, and we can now process bitcoin orders direct thru the site, and in general, are able to keep track of orders, and process them much faster. We also are doing a fun contest right now for 3 free packs of seeds thru the website if anyone cares to enter.

Contest | Dragon's Flame Genetics is the direct link..

In garden news...we are mid week 3 on cycle 3, and everythings looking good. Some of the old elites really aren't liking hawaii and Im suspecting Im going to have to make some really hard judgement calls soon..

Unfortunately, the Triangle Kush, 92 Og, Carmel Crasher, Peanut butter breath, and my Orange dreams #3 really dont seem to be liking hawaii. Even with a very vigorous IPM regiment using a wide array of organic products, they are struggling with all the humidity, and want to get leaf septoria and pm.

I never thought I would intentionally cull the tk and 92 og especially, but im now thinking for my work to move forward Im going to have to make a tough call...hawaii isn't for every strain that's for sure, and the tropical rainforest definitely pushes the limits of cuts...let alone old tired cuts
Oh yeah man I can only imagine. Im in Socal 4 miles from the beach and in winter it gets foggy in the mornings. Im actually looking at pea soup fog out my window right now its about 8am here as Im typing this. The wetness really effects my outdoor grows here and I have had pm problems and budrot issues big time in the past. I have noticed some strains are definitely more adapted than others. I can only imagine the struggle having to deal with the humidity and moisture you have in HI. Perhaps utilizing some older Hawaiin genetics in your upcoming crosses to help add some natural mold resilience. Im no professional breeder but I would think that Mother Nature and the crucible of adaptation and evolution will fix the problem it will just take some time to shake out.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
The beautiful thing is we are seeing that our mac dragon line is a serious contended here in hawaii. Going to be doing a lot of line work and outcrossing with prob 2 of the moms. Showing total resistance to both pm and septoria, and the even more dreaded fulvia leaf spot. We have the #7 and the #10 that showed 100% immunity, and then the #12 was nearly fully immune.

We have 300 or so more mac dragon seedlings going now, looking for our 1 male to f2. And next cycle Im reversing the #7 female to make feminized f2s and outcrosses. Then Ill do another round after that making the same crosses and f2s but with a male. Hopefully someday we can releases both fem and regular versions.

Also hunting thru some other lines now as well to hopefully find a few more bulletproof lines. If nothing else, between the skunkdog cut, and the mac dragons, I can atleast start building some lines. Everything right now will be focus first and foremost on resistances.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Like our stash f3 release, we have it being sold as if it was a normal 11 pack, but inside the packaging there's 2 vials, one sealed with red wax to symbolizing the red line version, and a green sealed vial to symbolize the green version.
As someone who just purchased the stash F3....this is so cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom