Dragons Flame Genetics 2020 and beyond...

• Thread starter Dragonsflame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Forgot to post it here, but yesterday was our 1 year anniversary of the move to hawaii...

So we decided to start a tradition...of planting a tree every year on that date to symbolize the move, and the hope of a better tomorrow, and the belief that we could create something from nothing. To plant a tree is to believe in the future, and that was the core reason we made the jump to hawaii. So yesterday we built a lava rock bed, and planted a washington navel orange tree, 4 white pineapples, 6 wandering jew plants, and a ground cover flower that my lady got and cant remember the name of lol.

Been an insane year, but been an amazing one as well.

20210107 133213
20210107 133232

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Forgot to post it here, but yesterday was our 1 year anniversary of the move to hawaii...

So we decided to start a tradition...of planting a tree every year on that date to symbolize the move, and the hope of a better tomorrow, and the belief that we could create something from nothing. To plant a tree is to believe in the future, and that was the core reason we made the jump to hawaii. So yesterday we built a lava rock bed, and planted a washington navel orange tree, 4 white pineapples, 6 wandering jew plants, and a ground cover flower that my lady got and cant remember the name of lol.

View attachment 1076835View attachment 1076836
Y'all picked a hell of a year to move off-grid!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

View attachment 1076835View attachment 1076836
Super cool bro I love growing tropicals and fruit as well. You got the perfect climate for that. I got a pineapple and a dwarf cavendish banana tree. Also got a dwarf guava tree, fig trees, apple, oranges. A bunch of shit all of it is in large containers. Since were on the topic of sharing these are my pineapple plants I started them 2 years ago from cutting off the tops of pineapples at the grocery store. I soaked them in water at the base until they started pushing roots out and then I transplanted into the soil. After waiting patiently i finally got my 2 year pineapple. Took forever to grow so I am a little apprehensive to chop it but here she is! I am surprised how cold weather resilient pineapples actually are we have had winter nights in the low 40s but they are still chugging along. Gonna chop this in the coming weeks not sure what Im gonna do with it maybe blend some winter time homemade pina coladas LOL 😂

IMG 2696

This is my banana bunch that I chopped off of the dwarf tree a few weeks ago. They are still green so I am letting the bunch sit outside in the shade until they ripen a bit more and turn yellow...

IMG 2697

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Super cool bro I love growing tropicals and fruit as well. You got the perfect climate for that. I got a pineapple and a dwarf cavendish banana tree. Also got a dwarf guava tree, fig trees, apple, oranges. A bunch of shit all of it is in large containers. Since were on the topic of sharing these are my pineapple plants I started them 2 years ago from cutting off the tops of pineapples at the grocery store. I soaked them in water at the base until they started pushing roots out and then I transplanted into the soil. After waiting patiently i finally got my 2 year pineapple. Took forever to grow so I am a little apprehensive to chop it but here she is! I am surprised how cold weather resilient pineapples actually are we have had winter nights in the low 40s but they are still chugging along. Gonna chop this in the coming weeks not sure what Im gonna do with it maybe blend some winter time homemade pina coladas LOL 😂

View attachment 1076855

This is my banana bunch that I chopped off of the dwarf tree a few weeks ago. They are still green so I am letting the bunch sit outside in the shade until they ripen a bit more and turn yellow...

View attachment 1076856

Awesome, yea 2 bought a few pineapple plants, the rest are all from tops...up to about 60 white pineaple tops...I buy usually 2-3 a week to eat they are soooo good. They definitely a commitment though!

We have a Dwarf Caven and a lady slipper banana as well! Ive always heard they ripen best if you can hang em vs laying flat as well, or if that was just for the pic disregard

cheers

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Awesome, yea 2 bought a few pineapple plants, the rest are all from tops...up to about 60 white pineaple tops...I buy usually 2-3 a week to eat they are soooo good. They definitely a commitment though!

We have a Dwarf Caven and a lady slipper banana as well! Ive always heard they ripen best if you can hang em vs laying flat as well, or if that was just for the pic disregard

cheers
The best pineapples that I have ever eaten were when I was in HI. I know that you can buy Hawaiian grown pineapples at the grocery stores here on mainland anytime but its different. When you get to pick out the cream of the crop right there in front of you its the best. Every single pineapple I was choosing through was better than any pineapple I have ever seen on the mainland its like nothing but big beautiful perfect specimens. It was pretty cool thats when I was in Kona back in 2018.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
The best pineapples that I have ever eaten were when I was in HI. I know that you can buy Hawaiian grown pineapples at the grocery stores here on mainland anytime but its different. When you get to pick out the cream of the crop right there in front of you its the best. Every single pineapple I was choosing through was better than any pineapple I have ever seen on the mainland its like nothing but big beautiful perfect specimens. It was pretty cool thats when I was in Kona back in 2018.

yea the ones they ship to mainland are all yellow type from the dole plantation...like comparing heirloom tomatoes from the garden to store bought tomatoes. The white pineapples....those dont leave the island as they dont have a shelf life. But man oh man...way different texture, less stringer, way less acidic, sweeter, and to die for. They are pricey to...4.99 a pound and most are 4+ pounds. Only a short season and the farmers markets usually sell outta em in the first 30 to 60 mins. I buy em 2-3 at a time if I can find em. Eat em in a day without thinking about it. in a few years Ill be rolling in pineapples as I save every top and wont stop anytime soon. They grow fully neglected here super easy to get em to do the thing, just takes a long time.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

well, cool announcement...going forward all Photo of the month winners will also all receive 3 packs of DFG beans!
Amazing addition!!!! Thank you for contributing. As staff i can't win but I will definitely be purchasing more of these genetics as I said before I am really impressed with them as I have heard similar from other member experiences.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Really psyched to get my beans! Blueberry gas terps on a hardy, resiny plant sounds lovely.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
This will be the next strain up in my tent beans just waiting! I’m excited- the freebies/ testers ya had some fire in there , can’t wait to run some shine.
BMS is amazing. Great grower, frosty as hell, resilient to stress, good yielder. Really starts to shine in the smell and smoke department after about a month of cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom