Dreaded 2 Black Spotted Spider Mite

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
The other day. Where your mod tag? I was gonna ask logic if I could ban you, just to mess with ya. Lol
Still learning the mod thing.

You can't be a snitch, and be a mod. That's a deal breaker on any canna site.

Something like azamax and a spinosad are a good ipm start. Some will make pepper sprays and what not but for some its easier to just buy a couple bottles.

Its good to switch them up.. bugs have a harder time of becoming resistant. Then when you get to late flower you can let them ride out and not have to worry about spraying a ton of crap on your formed buds.

I totally disagree with using azamax or spinosad. They show up in testing months and months after, especially in concentrates. If you are farming for the coming legal market, both of those products are a no go.

I have plenty of IPM remedies, but I am going to catalog a ton of this stuff in my own thread, so we can weed out the bad advice from non professionals. ( The future is going to be heavily regulated. It sucks, but it's coming)

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I store my ffof bags, perlite, and empty nute boxes (to put clone orders in) in my 10x10 clone/cloner room. This is the only room effected afaik. I'm going to inspect the 21 plants in veg tonight. So far, I looked at 6 plants around the room and all clean.

So seeing how I brought in 2 bags ffof, and empty nute boxes in the last 2 weeks, and only a few potted clones, and a few in the cloner had mites. That's why I'm thinking either the soil or boxes was where I got the Borg from.

Side note: ffof rep said they put in hyposasis miles (good bugs, all clear and look like a spider mite, w/o the dots) in their bags to help with the FG issues. This was 2 yrs ago when I heard this.

I have less than 2 weeks to fully eradicate my clone room before I have to take my next round of cuttings.

So many variables still not accounted for. You say you walked into your room........ where were you walking before that? Just cause the older, most likely healthier plants didn't get mites doesn't mean what ever contamination happened didn't also enter that room.

You know Cali treats road side weeds with predatory mites, like broad mites? Mites are everywhere, treat your plants like such, IMO.

sixstring

sixstring

You can't be a snitch, and be a mod. That's a deal breaker on any canna site.

I totally disagree with using azamax or spinosad. They show up in testing months and months after, especially in concentrates. If you are farming for the coming legal market, both of those products are a no go.

I have plenty of IPM remedies, but I am going to catalog a ton of this stuff in my own thread, so we can weed out the bad advice from non professionals. ( The future is going to be heavily regulated. It sucks, but it's coming)
is there something wrong with azamax ?
@DemonTrich it dont matter where thet came from,just how you deal with it.you said its only in clone area.get azamax and spinosad and alternate the 2 @ 14 days apart.i would use the spino first then the azamax(which is listed as omri) last i checked.and i would use the azamax on all vegging plants as a precaution. make sure plants have some space,crowed rooms will explode with bugs in no time.some thinning of all veg plants will help to get good spray coverage,and give more space for airflow.gl

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
@DemonTrich it dont matter where thet came from,just how you deal with it.you said its only in clone area.get azamax and spinosad and alternate the 2 @ 14 days apart.i would use the spino first then the azamax(which is listed as omri) last i checked.and i would use the azamax on all vegging plants as a precaution. make sure plants have some space,crowed rooms will explode with bugs in no time.some thinning of all veg plants will help to get good spray coverage,and give more space for airflow.gl
There are many things you can throw in your ipm.. i think spinosad is omri too.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Green cleaner knocked out my spider mites no problem, its made of water soybean oil and alcohol, you can spray it on your plants the day of harvest.
Just make sure to spray it with lights out or it will burn your leaves.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Thats what they call a spider killer, its a predatory poisonous centepede. Very interesting bug, you can tell how old they are by how many legs the have, they start out with 4 or 6 and get longer as they get older. The two antenna looking things are actually poisonous barbs that they use to inject their prey with paralyzing venom.
They call them house centepedes, they vary in color.
centipede-the-dangerous-kind-bilit.jpg

Imagine finding that one lol!
At least thats what it kinda looks like in the blurry pic...
I live in the woods and see them on my walls all the time was told they eat bugs way back so never killed them

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
@GT21

So you recommend weekly treatments of spinosad, neem, and promis? Foliar sprays? I'm new to the ipa game.
Ya.... weekly.. biweekly. .. something for bugs and mold ... this way when you're late in flower you dont have to worry as much about spraying pesticides and fungicides on your buds.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

so every one think green cleaner is a go been thinking about having my shop ordered it

one time when picking up soil the place I get mine has a hydro veg garden was looking at it and found spider mites was not happy at all has all that grow stuff in there and had bugs how u going to have bugs and the stuff to kill on the shelf next to it

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Man...... You want the bugs gone, or spend a bunch of money trying to get rid of them?

Spinosad, is organic rated, but not for use on cannabis........ the rules are changing people, catch up.

Green Cleaner is good, but not great. I would use it as part of my arsenal though.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
The answer..........? Still haven't heard it.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

i did not see this thread or i would of asked here.

i found this bug only one.. iv been clean..
i think its a preditor but i do not think its from growing.. i think its from out side i leave the tent open during the day..

sigh.. any idea? should be stressing and tearing my plants apart?

only found one. in a dark spot in side the coffin i had inside to germ seeds. lesson learn remove it i guess.. dark spots not good.

it look any thing like this

Jjhhjhj
P

PharmHand

Recently got some cuts from a friend and every leaf was speckled absolutely covered in mites. I usually use azamax and spinosad but separately on different days but cuz they were so bad I said fuck it and mix them together entrust@ 1 ml/liter and azamax @6ml/ liter put the plants in a shallow tote ( just to keep them sorta isolated)in my room and saturated them with the spray waited a week sprayed again bugs completely gone. It's been weeks, no more bugs. Never knew those sprays were so persistent though showing up in tests months later? They're both omri listed certified organic. Ones a purified neem oil product the other enzymes secreted by rum feasting bacteria. Are they actually bad or just persistent in the environment? Everything we eat is slathered in toxic systemic pesticides I would think a little neem residue and bacterial saliva is the least of our worries? People in India been ingesting neem for a variety of ailments for thousands of years

Top Bottom