Drinking from a Cattle Trough

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
All my flowers drink from a cattle trough.

It's been about 15 years since I've done a grow diary here so I figured it was time to update things. Like a lot of my fellow growers here I'm getting old and my health isn't good. Ruptured disk etc. found myself getting way fat and taking a handful of meds. Something had to change.

I had a room in my detached garage that was not being utilized so I decided it was time. I designed and built what works for me, it's antiquated to say the least. Low tech would be an understatement.

Drinking from a cattle trough
Trough
Trough2
Drinking from a cattle trough 4

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The goal was to build a perpetual grow. 3 flower chambers built on top of 4' x 12' frame. For the first several months I used one of the 3 for veg until i could figure out where there was room for a separate veg. The entire dimensions for the room is 7.5' x 15.5'.

Each chamber has a 1k air cooled HID and a 4" fan/filter. Air from the lights is pulled from and dumped back into the detached garage this room is in. The air for the chambers is recirculated from the room all the systems are in. The lung room has gas heat and AC.

Fan2
1st veg

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I could type for an hour explaining all the mistakes, f' ups, design errors from the first 8 months of this build but I'll get to those soon enough.

Current genetics:

Do-si-Do

IMG 0648

trainwreck - front left

IMG 0656

GG6 -

IMG 0657

Bruce Banner -

IMG 0660

Girl Scout Cookie Extreme -

IMG 0659

Gorilla Glue - B Grade

IMG 0658

Gorilla Glue - A Grade

IMG 0661

Amnesia Haze - Back Up donor plants - tallest 2

IMG 0656

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
This system is based off of a 28 day cycle. 3 chambers gives me 12 weeks flower time for each. The problem comes with having something ready to flower every 28 days. Not just a vegging plant but one that's ready to flower.

The original plan was to have Trainwreck going into this flower chamber.

IMG 0543

Mistake #783 - Cold front came through and dropped temps in this tent to 65. I had placed soaked germinated seeds into the rockwool so I know the seeds were good. Ended up with 1 of 7 seeds making it. That was plan A

Mistake #784 - I'll take some clones and see if I can get them ready. yep, another cold front came through and severely stunted the growth of these clones

IMG 0657

went through each clone and cleaned them up and checked close to see just how they were doing. Decent clones, 12/12 living, but not remotely close to being ready to flower

Plan C - I've had to resort to plan C more times than I want to remember: Flower What Ya Got

What I had was 2 Amnesia Haze clones and 1 remnant of a plant that I had cut most of the GG6 clones from. I don't expect much from her on this grow but she is living so in she goes.

IMG 0668

The design of this system is modular. Meaning you can pick up a clone in it's pot and move it to veg. Time comes move the plant/pot to flower. All 5 flood trays run at the same flood depth. Once your in flower just remove the skirt.

IMG 0669

fill with rocks

IMG 0670

finally cover with cheese cloth

IMG 0671

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Was looking at the Amnesia Haze 24 hours after transfer and realized they needed the lower trellis installed, much earlier than a seed run. Started to get some string out of the cabinet and I remembered there might be some jars of Amnesia from a previous run.

My lucky day! Took way longer to get that trellis up than it should have lol.

IMG 0675

After a couple bowls and some coffee I finally got the string installed

IMG 0676

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly update

Girl scout Cookies Extreme - week 9
IMG 0686

Bruce Banner - week 5
IMG 0687

Amnesia Haze - <1 week
IMG 0685

Veg

Train wreck - Tallest - To be cloned this week
Bruce Banner - Middle - Clones from flower
Do-Si-Do - Smallest - Next clone mother
IMG 0684

Cloner - GG6
IMG 0688

These clones hit 21 days and to be honest they look like ass, as my boy so graciously stated. They have only been in this chamber for 7 days spending their first 14 days sitting on the grow room floor in your basic f/d set-up. No lights, no nutes and 68 F water. So basically just basic life support with a 50/50 chance of survival
IMG 0587

Pulled the worst clone out, no roots. Pulled the next worst looking clone, roots. Ugly plant but roots. So now it's down to 10 and I'm hoping for 8
IMG E0683

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Trainwreck maxed out this veg system at 38 days so it's cloning day.

IMG 0694

GG6 had to be moved over to the veg side. Made 12 cuttings, 11/12 had roots. 3 of those 11 had tiny roots and mostly dead tissue so 8 made it to veg. 5 of those 8 are decent plants. So 5 out of 12 or 42% success rate for a batch of abused clones.

Trainwreck gave me 10 really solid cuttings. Pulled 2 from Amnesia at 7 day flower to make it a full run and keeping Amnesia alive in veg.

This is the first batch of clones placed in this system. I've tried to isolate all the environmental factors I can. No direct light 12ppfd, air temp 74 - 78, water temp 74, ph balanced tap water at 100 ppm, Clonex on the cuttings.

IMG 0698

IMG 0699

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Thanks for stopping by @Weedolae

Feel free to ask any question you have my friend

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I do enjoy a Sativa, but growing them...well not so much. The trainwreck clones I cut are scheduled to go in the chamber that now holds Bruce Banner. Bruce Banner is a Sativa dominant plant and she is showing her genetic traits in this grow. Topped at 8 stems and trained on a 2 trellis system to spread out those branches. With plants stretching this much I will, reluctantly, trim out the lowers if the majority of the stems are at the top trellis. Remove the lower trellis and start cutting, simple but this requires binding and I grow for pain meds for my back. Seems counter-productive but it is worth the effort at times.

Plants are 5 weeks 3 days into flower.

IMG 0702

IMG 0703
IMG 0705

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

Was watching an Adam Dunn show yesterday & the breeder, forgot his name, was on the episode who bred Bruce Banner. SS

Weedolae

Weedolae

I do enjoy a Sativa, but growing them...well not so much. The trainwreck clones I cut are scheduled to go in the chamber that now holds Bruce Banner. Bruce Banner is a Sativa dominant plant and she is showing her genetic traits in this grow. Topped at 8 stems and trained on a 2 trellis system to spread out those branches. With plants stretching this much I will, reluctantly, trim out the lowers if the majority of the stems are at the top trellis. Remove the lower trellis and start cutting, simple but this requires binding and I grow for pain meds for my back. Seems counter-productive but it is worth the effort at times.

Plants are 5 weeks 3 days into flower.

View attachment 1213393
View attachment 1213394View attachment 1213395

jj
We can talk în private if u have a bit free time ? Really ur a pro grower. I wanna to ask u mamny things. Thx

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Gorilla Glue was a seed run with 2 plants vegged under MH and 2 under LED. All flowered under a 1K HID Dual Spectrum bulb.

14 Days after cutting its time to trim.

18.5 grade A
3.5 grade B
1.0 trim
1.0 (8 oz wet) fresh frozen
24 total product

It's the grade A number that's important. Industry says you should be hitting 16 from a 1K light, this run hit 18.5 so it was a little above avg. I process the B grade and trim into oil. One of these days I'll get some dry ice and deal with the collection of fresh frozen in the freezer.

IMG 0707

IMG 0708

IMG 0709

IMG 0710

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly update

Girl Scout Cookies Extreme - wk. 10

IMG 0719

Bruce Banner - wk. 6

IMG 0720

Amnesia Haze - 2 wk.

IMG 0718

veg -
GG6 - next flower run
Do-Si-Do - next mothers
Bruce Banner -
Tegridy - I needed a name, thanks South Park

IMG 0716

Trainwreck Clones - 4 days cut

IMG 0717

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
GG6 - Gorilla Glue Pheno #6

Planted 8 Gorilla Glue Seeds from ILGM back in late October. I was transitioning to a 3 flower chamber rotation and had just installed the veg tent with an LED. First 4 seeds went in under a MH, 2 germinated. Dropped 4 more seeds into the tent and had 3 of those come up. Came time to flip this chamber and I had 4 decent GG's and a single Chocolope plant. The fifth seedling, GG6, was just too small and I had a feeling it wasn't going to make it so I stuck her in the back corner of veg, where she stayed.

IMG E0365

IMG 0369

IMG 0382

jj

IMG 0421
IMG 0427
Top Bottom