Drinking from a Cattle Trough

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
some more roots. Was curious just where the strongest area for root growth is on a clone? removed the roots even with the cut stem, Seems roots don't care what part of the cutting you put clonex.

IMG 0838

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly update -

Amnesia Haze - 8 weeks

IMG 0849

GG6 - 4 weeks

IMG 0848

Trainwreck - 1 week

IMG 0847

Veg -
Amnesia Haze
Trainwreck
Dosido #2
Bruce Banner
GG6
T-SP 1
T-SP 2

IMG 0846

Cloner - Dosido #3

IMG 0845

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Yesterday was 18 days for the clones, got this shot before thinning out. 12 in / 12 out. Cloner is slower than the aeroponic I built but its consistent which ill take over speed anyday. DSD 3 went from 9 to 6, first 2 out were easy but the 3rd out was a toss up.

IMG 0839

IMG 0842

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

You have some well known strains in your line-up this run and last, that is one of my goals, thanks for the views, Cheers SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
You have some well known strains in your line-up this run and last, that is one of my goals, thanks for the views, Cheers SS
Thanks @SSgrower. Couple more genes in waiting then I'll be looking for a new seedbank. Your more than welcome to some T-SP seeds if "debbie" ever wants some company. Had a Golden Leaf hermie one sack in a grow with California Dream. The seeds came from the cross, not from GL. I'm cracking one a month, take 2 clones then sex. Just a fun side project.

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

Thanks for the offer, I am in Texas w/ P.O.box and I'll run better seeds @ the drop of a hat. Watching six young plants to sex soon as they are hydro bag seeds. Thanks JJ

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Looking at plants every day it's hard to see any change. I took some shots of a single clone @ 3 day intervals.

Why would be the first question most might have. I add nutrients and light to a fresh cut clone when she tells me she is ready. She can't talk very loudly so I have to listen carefully.

Day 0
IMG 0808

Day 3
IMG 0809

Day 6
IMG 0816

Day 9
IMG 0822

Day 12
IMG 0828

Day 15
IMG 0830

Day 18
IMG 0840

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Part of this "art" is to listen and see the plant as is exhibits the signs of health or lack thereof, it's a skill acquired thru experience. They are looking good! SS
YouTube and forums are great, use both daily but there's just some things only experience will show you.

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The part of experience we wish didn't exist is what makes it so valuable. All those times shit just didn't go our way. Dead clones, I've got lots of those pics, bud rot, germination failures and the list goes on. Try to figure out what went wrong and try again and again.

IMG 0323

IMG 0332

IMG 0206

IMG 0239

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I was trimming up a clone last batch and I dumped the whole damn thing. There are several rocks in a 5" pot lol. I needed a shelf but I don't have any more room. It needed to be removeable or foldable similar to the trim table. Added a magnet for tool storage and it's working out well so far. That's the next mother getting a trim job.

IMG 0860

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

Custom built grow boxes, and the magnet is a cool idea. Going all out is what I wanna do but I lay low on the coastal bend, come on down fishing sometime as I have friends with bay boat skills, grow is lookin good,Cheers SS

sambapati

sambapati

The goal was to build a perpetual grow. 3 flower chambers built on top of 4' x 12' frame. For the first several months I used one of the 3 for veg until i could figure out where there was room for a separate veg. The entire dimensions for the room is 7.5' x 15.5'.

Each chamber has a 1k air cooled HID and a 4" fan/filter. Air from the lights is pulled from and dumped back into the detached garage this room is in. The air for the chambers is recirculated from the room all the systems are in. The lung room has gas heat and AC.

View attachment 1209782View attachment 1209783
Really cool, I would just say get that pot on the left off the floor, but its your thing. I like the insulated wall, wondering if reflectivity is also part of your success here. Lots of hard work -- and no wasted motion...

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Really cool, I would just say get that pot on the left off the floor, but its your thing. I like the insulated wall, wondering if reflectivity is also part of your success here. Lots of hard work -- and no wasted motion...
Thanks @sambapati those pics are from the very start of this grow, many things have changed since then. The foam board was a cheap covering for brown panel walls. Reflective probably not much but there is some insulating value

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I was enjoying a wake-n-bake and had one of those stoner moments that actually worked out. I was reflecting on the countless numbers of clones I'd killed and how I could stop the cycle. There was no dedicated cloner time. One self taping screw and some scrap plastic and the individual cloner was created. I will eventually kill a clone with this method but so far it works, repeatedly. It's down fall is the transition to full light. The easiest method is to put her in the shadows. Cover it for 14 days then gradually let the light in.

IMG 0861

IMG 0862

IMG 0863

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

The T-sp is a strain you are working on? I got on Leafly and researched most all others but that I am not familiar with. Cheers SS

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The T-sp is a strain you are working on? I got on Leafly and researched most all others but that I am not familiar with. Cheers SS
yes that's my mystery seed. Had a Golden Leaf Hermie one sac in a grow with California Dream. T-SP (Tegridy by South Park) are the seeds from the Cali.

jj

SSgrower

SSgrower

Heard a little bout the Cali, reading threads about Golden leaf, Cheers as I am about ready to flip into 12/12. SS

SSgrower

SSgrower

Yes, as of 6 o clock pm yesterday I will let them "rest" until about 6 am tomorrow then flip I will. If I have 6 gals they will fill the tent, and work me hand watering,Lol. SS

Top Bottom