Driving and smoking weed

• Thread starter Smallzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smallzz

Smallzz

I saw a thread in the activist corner about some guy who got a DUI for smoking and driving. Am I really one of the only few who think "well no shit, don't drive when you smoke"? Everyone in the thread was backing up his decision too!

For heaven's sake, guys, are you really so addicted to a substance that you can't wait until you get home? And if you are, who's really got the problem, the cop who pulled you over so you didn't get into an accident and maybe hurt a family, or you?

I know I'm probably barking up the wrong tree given the forum that I'm on, but man, we used to have DUI classes yearly in the military. I always thought "no one I know would be stupid enough to do this, why do we have to sit through this shit.." Until one day I went to avionics to change out some night vision goggles and the Lance Corporal I'd been trying to mentor was missing... he cut a minivan in half at 120 with his mustang, and blew a 2.8 blood alc level. Oh, he also killed a father's wife and three daughters, and left the father maimed for the rest of his life. Good thing he wanted to feel good and disregard safety laws that are there to protect the innocent, right?

Is it any surprise that some people find such a blatant disrespect for DUI laws disgusting? Don't vape it, don't smoke it, don't hide it, just don't fucking do it while driving. The last thing this world needs is more pain and anguish, so be part of the solution and not the problem- Don't drive fucked up. If your life is really so miserable without weed that you can't stop smoking long enough to get where you're going, you probably shouldn't be driving anyway, or you can always do the world a favor and just take out your own fucking stupidity on yourself and just beat your head on a sidewalk high.

K

kennyhfc

I'm into bikes and I would not go for a spin stoned, been a lurker for a while, this is close to my heart tho, I've had some moments with stoned idiots.

K

kennyhfc

I'm on the best side of the Atlantic, shit man your coppers scare me, ours? We tend not to Fuck them about

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

i smoke on my way to work and on my way home from work. Im probably more dangerous when driving "un-high". absolutely cant handle people. shit i find my piece of mind in my car, windows up, piece packed, blasting good tunes << im talking some SOJA, Forunate Youth, Tribal Seeds - strictly good vibes!

deff not addicted by any means, so fuck you butters
Z

K

kennyhfc

That's cool mate, my best mate smokes an oz a week, has done for over a decade, he drives everyday, my point is, there's some cats who shouldn't

Its all relative.

K

kolah

I think cannabis effects people differently. I choose not to drive stoned or operate machinery (whether it be a sativa, indica or hybrid). But others seem to excel being high and doing such tasks. To each his own.

The only exception for me is that I do well playing guitar while stoned or anything related to music and art. Weed lights up that part of my brain.

Now as far as the legal thing goes and DUI-D? It won't matter much as THC stays in the blood for months. Stoned or not, if you get in a auto wreck or get pulled over and get tested you're guilty (in the eyes of the law). And your car reeking of dope doesn't help either...that's just asking for trouble. No one smokes weed in my rig while I'm driving.

And IMO, booze and pot are two completely different animals, I never compare the two..apples and oranges in my books.

K

kennyhfc

Yeah man, you're not gonna hit someone driving a guitar but.

Any tunes on youtube?

Smallzz

Smallzz

i smoke on my way to work and on my way home from work. Im probably more dangerous when driving "un-high". absolutely cant handle people. shit i find my piece of mind in my car, windows up, piece packed, blasting good tunes << im talking some SOJA, Forunate Youth, Tribal Seeds - strictly good vibes!

deff not addicted by any means, so fuck you butters
Z
anyone who drives intoxicated by whatever your poison is is a fucking idiot in my book, so right back at ya chief.

If you get busted, you get what you deserve for endangering others with your selfish stupidity.

K

kennyhfc

Hey smalz, what branch of the military,

My nephew just became a royal marine commando.

Aligee

Aligee

The Marine I used to work with had an A1 driving record too, before he chopped up a bunch of kids.
Off of weed! Wow, well to each his own, lots of idiots on the road that shouldn't be on it, well thats my experience,Peace!

Smallzz

Smallzz

I think cannabis effects people differently. I choose not to drive stoned or operate machinery (whether it be a sativa, indica or hybrid). But others seem to excel being high and doing such tasks. To each his own.

The only exception for me is that I do well playing guitar while stoned or anything related to music and art. Weed lights up that part of my brain.

Now as far as the legal thing goes and DUI-D? It won't matter much as THC stays in the blood for months. Stoned or not, if you get in a auto wreck or get pulled over and get tested you're guilty (in the eyes of the law). And your car reeking of dope doesn't help either...that's just asking for trouble. No one smokes weed in my rig while I'm driving.

And IMO, booze and pot are two completely different animals, I never compare the two..apples and oranges in my books.

Oh there are some aspects of it that are ridiculous, like testing positive after you've smoked a good while ago and still getting popped with a DUI. My post was more directed at folks who like to toke and drive, which still blows my mind that it's not only an acceptable practice, but something that's seen as "cool" by our community. It's like being on a home brewing website and listening to a bunch of guys talking about drinking their brew and driving around town.

And for those who say "I don't have an addiction", sure, if you can't wait till you get home, you have a problem. Not a physical addiction maybe in the same way that a smoker or an alcoholic does, but you still have a problem.

As far as weed and alcohol being two different things, sure. Oxy's are in a different category as well. So's heroin. I have no problem with what a man chooses to do in the comfort of his living room, it's when he takes his habits outside of a living room and behind a 3-4000 lb automobile that that man shows that he isn't responsible enough to be entrusted to drive on public roads anymore. That's my two cents.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

anyone who drives intoxicated by whatever your poison is is a fucking idiot in my book, so right back at ya chief.

If you get busted, you get what you deserve for endangering others with your selfish stupidity.

ya well i read ur book, sucked.

and in all honesty, there are plenty of other drivers that you should be more worried about; tweeks, drunks, uninsured illegals, females (some not all, my wife is one u should watch out for) and not to mention asians. Actually to think of it, i believe talking on your phone, texting, eating food, changing a CD, and even scratching your junk is way more dangerous than a couple stoners behind the wheel. i would love to google some stats and post em up, but then again i could give two fucks. So i guess what im saying Mr. Smallzz is get off your high horse before i shoot it and make horse dick soup out of it, then eat it. ya ill eat that, matter fact even save some for left overs.

honestly i really dont smoke and drive often, i just thought it was a cunt thing of you to start a thread over. that and im pretty fucking bored and ready to forum fight!:troll:

yourZ truly

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Cell phones and other distractions are worse for me them driving baked. I love to set the cuise control on my Caddie and let it drive itself
On long road trips we set cruise control when I am driving I take a nap,wife steers from passenger seat, wakes me up If we need to brake.....

Top Bottom