Drooping

• Thread starter Sensemilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sensemilla

Sensemilla

Hey everybody!!

I’m new to this thread and firstly just wanted to say a big hello to everyone.

For The past couple days I’ve noticed one of my strains (Afghan Kush) drooping. From what it looks like, it may be watering too much at one time, but I was pretty sure I watered till 10-20% runoff. Im growing in a 70% coco and 30% perlite mix. Temps are day time - 26-27’C and night time 25’C. I’m using 720 W LED but have the power turned down to 200W as they grow.

I also had a power cut on the same day I watered and they were in darkness for a couple hours. I’m not too worried about that as they are currently in veg, but more concerned about no ventilation and high temps during that time.

Im thinking of maybe flushing the plant and giving a light feed once the pot dries out. Or giving it a foliar feed of some cal/mag supplement that has some nitrogen in it too while I wait for the medium to dry out once I know what the deficiency is.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Drooping
Drooping 2
Drooping 3
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Either light is too much or overwatered is my guess. Others will come to help as well.
Welcome ✌

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

Either light is too much or overwatered is my guess. Others will come to help as well.
Welcome ✌
Thank you. I appreciate the response. I have other Afghan Kush under the same light and they look fine. I’ll lift the lights a little and see if that helps.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

are you waiting until the pot feels pretty light to water again? or are you watering when pots are still kinda heavy?
in coco you want to water between those two stages not too much dry not too damp.
cheers

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

are you waiting until the pot feels pretty light to water again? or are you watering when pots are still kinda heavy?
in coco you want to water between those two stages not too much dry not too damp.
cheers

I only water once the pot feels light, not bone dry but
cheers
Thanks for the reply. I wait until the pots feel light, but not bone dry. In this case the pot feels lighter but when I stick my finger in the pot there is still some moisture, so I’m reluctant to water again as it could cause more damage?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Thanks for the reply. I wait until the pots feel light, but not bone dry. In this case the pot feels lighter but when I stick my finger in the pot there is still some moisture, so I’m reluctant to water again as it could cause more damage?
what's the watering/feeding schedule atm?

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

what's the watering/feeding schedule atm?
I’m using Terra Aquatica nutrient’s. I water when pots feel light, I’d say 2x per week. I was feeding every time I watered because that’s what they suggest on the container. I then noticed my EC was coming out much higher than my input so I flushed and fed with a light feed of cal mag, grow and bloom nutrients at an EC of 0.8. The plant was looking great until my last feed 2 days ago, then the drooping started..

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I’m using Terra Aquatica nutrient’s. I water when pots feel light, I’d say 2x per week. I was feeding every time I watered because that’s what they suggest on the container. I then noticed my EC was coming out much higher than my input so I flushed and fed with a light feed of cal mag, grow and bloom nutrients at an EC of 0.8. The plant was looking great until my last feed 2 days ago, then the drooping started..
in coco you want to water more frequently, Media EC will always be higher than what goes in, its just a fact and we have to accept it, i wouldn't bother keeping track of Runoff EC.
NEVER run water only in coco it can fuck up media CEC and its buffering capabilities, better to make a in between calmag or magnesium sulfate 0.3-0.4 ec on those mag only feedings..
ph of 5.8 to 6 for coco the whole plants life :-} so there you are good.

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

in coco you want to water more frequently, Media EC will always be higher than what goes in, its just a fact and we have to accept it, i wouldn't bother keeping track of Runoff EC.
NEVER run water only in coco it can fuck up media CEC and its buffering capabilities, better to make a in between calmag or magnesium sulfate 0.3-0.4 ec on those mag only feedings..
Ok so in between feeding should be some Epsom salts then

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

hey! I just wanted to go back to what you said here. Regarding the EC reading of runoff. Are you saying that, if say I put my feed in at an EC 1.0 and my runoff comes out at 1,6 that I shouldn’t worry about it and just carry on feeling as usual? Does the rise in EC not indicate that the soil is now too acidic and will cause lockout?

There have been cases where I have seen a plant struggling, either stunted or showing some kind of deficiency. When I feed it the runoff almost always comes out higher than the feed. I flush the plants and then they turn around relatively quickly and then I notice deficiencies again
Ok so in between feeding should be some Epsom salts then
hey.

I just wanted to go back to what you said here. Are you saying that if I’m feeding my plants at an EC of 1.0 and the runoff it coming out at 1.6 for example, that I shouldn’t worry too much about it? Would that not mean that there is a salt build up and that what I’m feeding the plant isn’t being used anyway, or there may be some nute lockout which would mean me feeding it is a waste?

I ran into a problem similar to this with a previous plant in veg. I saw signs of deficiencies with a higher runoff EC reading, I flushed the plant and it bounced back. But now I’m seeing it happen again and I obviously want to prevent it from happening again… I’m thinking where along the growth process am I making the mistake 🙄
Is it because I’m letting the pots dry out too much ? Or is it because I’m watering too much at one time? Trying to figure out the root cause of the problem.

Not measuring runoff would be great as it’s a mission but I just think it can tell you when somethings up, please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m keen to learn. That’s my guess at least. Not measuring runoff would be great cause it’s a mission lol. I appreciate the help

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

My bad for sending two messages, my phone died, it must have automatically sent it.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I read that you turned you light down to 200w. How far above the top of this plant is you led?
The light needs to be 30" no closer, 65% power.

A little cal mag is in order.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

hey! I just wanted to go back to what you said here. Regarding the EC reading of runoff. Are you saying that, if say I put my feed in at an EC 1.0 and my runoff comes out at 1,6 that I shouldn’t worry about it and just carry on feeling as usual? Does the rise in EC not indicate that the soil is now too acidic and will cause lockout?

There have been cases where I have seen a plant struggling, either stunted or showing some kind of deficiency. When I feed it the runoff almost always comes out higher than the feed. I flush the plants and then they turn around relatively quickly and then I notice deficiencies again

hey.

I just wanted to go back to what you said here. Are you saying that if I’m feeding my plants at an EC of 1.0 and the runoff it coming out at 1.6 for example, that I shouldn’t worry too much about it? Would that not mean that there is a salt build up and that what I’m feeding the plant isn’t being used anyway, or there may be some nute lockout which would mean me feeding it is a waste?

I ran into a problem similar to this with a previous plant in veg. I saw signs of deficiencies with a higher runoff EC reading, I flushed the plant and it bounced back. But now I’m seeing it happen again and I obviously want to prevent it from happening again… I’m thinking where along the growth process am I making the mistake 🙄
Is it because I’m letting the pots dry out too much ? Or is it because I’m watering too much at one time? Trying to figure out the root cause of the problem.

Not measuring runoff would be great as it’s a mission but I just think it can tell you when somethings up, please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m keen to learn. That’s my guess at least. Not measuring runoff would be great cause it’s a mission lol. I appreciate the help
chasing Runoff EC isn't the best practice imho, if you feed more frequently and with a little higher runnoff (20-30%) you will balance better media EC and PH. If chasing anything chase environment conditions to be perfect.

Capturing runoff to have any meaningful readings it would have to be without contamination from trays, plates etc, and even than we have to accept a media EC much higher than what goes in, it isn't detrimental at all if your runoff % and watering schedule is done right, off course you don't want EC hitting 8 in media (like athena nutrients likes LOL), but mid flower i bet it will hit 3-4EC for sure with no side effect other than you needing to give more light intensity and more frequent watering for your plants under LED, witch in the end is beneficial for bigger yields and higher quality flowers.

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

yes I did mention that. They are about 60cm from the canopy. Thanks for the vid. That’s really helpful. I think I’ve been letting my pots dry out way to much because they feel super light when I pick them up, the top inch is like the lighter colour dry.. does letting a pot dry out too much increase salt build up which would then maybe explain the high EC reading.

Sensemilla

Sensemilla

chasing Runoff EC isn't the best practice imho, if you feed more frequently and with a little higher runnoff (20-30%) you will balance better media EC and PH. If chasing anything chase environment conditions to be perfect.

Capturing runoff to have any meaningful readings it would have to be without contamination from trays, plates etc, and even than we have to accept a media EC much higher than what goes in, it isn't detrimental at all if your runoff % and watering schedule is done right, off course you don't want EC hitting 8 in media (like athena nutrients likes LOL), but mid flower i bet it will hit 3-4EC for sure with no side effect other than you needing to give more light intensity and more frequent watering for your plants under LED, witch in the end is beneficial for bigger yields and higher quality flowers

Capturing runoff to have any meaningful readings it would have to be without contamination from trays, plates etc, and even than we have to accept a media EC much higher than what goes in, it isn't detrimental at all if your runoff % and watering schedule is done right, off course you don't want EC hitting 8 in media (like athena nutrients likes LOL), but mid flower i bet it will hit 3-4EC for sure with no side effect other than you needing to give more light intensity and more frequent watering for your plants under LED, witch in the end is beneficial for bigger yields and higher quality flowers.
Great info 🙏 👊

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

yes I did mention that. They are about 60cm from the canopy. Thanks for the vid. That’s really helpful. I think I’ve been letting my pots dry out way to much because they feel super light when I pick them up, the top inch is like the lighter colour dry.. does letting a pot dry out too much increase salt build up which would then maybe explain the high EC reading.
my rooted clones go directly to 260w led veg tent, @~1m from the pots media top layer , i never move my lights in veg i let them grow towards the lights not closer than 50cm from the lights.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

in flower tents i'm using another approach tho, using dimmer wisely and height adjustments.

Top Bottom