Droopy seedling after topping - can she be saved?

• Thread starter chaduranga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chaduranga

chaduranga

So I have a Zkittles photo plant that is about 6 weeks from seed old. It was the only survivor from a failed set of seeds. So I decided to start some more seeds and ‘slow’ the Zkittles plant down by topping it. Hoping that I could get all of the plants to be a similar size. When I did, the leaves got very droopy and I’m not sure what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Droopy seedling after topping   can she be saved
Droopy seedling after topping   can she be saved 2
chaduranga

chaduranga

I last gave water on 12/10. Only about a cup. But the drooping got a little bit worse the next day. I’ll give her a big drink today and see if that helps.

Thank you for noticing the topping. I mainlined the last photo grow and had success. I’ll keep doing it for sure. In this case, I’m trying to see if I can get this plant plus 2 Jack Herer seedlings to grow together. Im having a helluva time recently in the early life stages.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I last gave water on 12/10. Only about a cup. But the drooping got a little bit worse the next day. I’ll give her a big drink today and see if that helps.

Thank you for noticing the topping. I mainlined the last photo grow and had success. I’ll keep doing it for sure. In this case, I’m trying to see if I can get this plant plus 2 Jack Herer seedlings to grow together. Im having a helluva time recently in the early life stages.
don't do anythign yet until we figure what the cause is. I was just wondering when it was fed.
In my signature box there is a link to bunch of questions. copy them here and answer it so the members can help

indoorsjungle

indoorsjungle

So I have a Zkittles photo plant that is about 6 weeks from seed old. It was the only survivor from a failed set of seeds. So I decided to start some more seeds and ‘slow’ the Zkittles plant down by topping it. Hoping that I could get all of the plants to be a similar size. When I did, the leaves got very droopy and I’m not sure what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.
looks like its pretty dry and needs some nutes. mix up some nutes in a spray bottle and leave feed it to perk it up.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

When you water, do not concern yourself with the amount of water you add. Concern yourself with ensuring that the entire pot has been moistened. The cloth sides of the pot should be damp when you're done.

Then don't water again until the pot starts feeling light.

Dry soil or dry media is soil that a root will never enter. There should be NO DRY SOIL when you finish watering.

chaduranga

chaduranga

Ok, thanks so much for the replies. Especially @PK1 who rightly asked for more info. I’ll get better at posting :)

So,

Here’s how I’ve responded. After I posted I also dug into Ed Rosenthal’s book Marijuana Grower’s Handbook. He talks in the book about how to read the plant and I made the determination that it was due to under watering. In this specific case, I clearly made a mistake so I chose to go ahead and act. Here’s the deets in case someone else can learn from it.

Zkittles

Tried to sprout 5 HiLo CBD and 3 Zkittles seeds from ILGM. 1 of the CBD and 1 of the Zkittles even sprouted. The CBD plant didn’t make it out of the seedling trey. I got sloppy with the work and I think that played a part in how poorly it went. I over/under watered the seedling tray. Stuff like that. I think I was pretty high and it was late when I made my mistakes. I also had the seedling tray in the dark grow room (I use tents) and i just think the whole thing was a pretty bad fuck up. Here’s what I learned, Kids. Don’t make important growing decisions when high. Also, don’t get cocky when you have some success. Learn learn learn. Be humble. These plants are easy to grow but very hard to grow well and get showcase buds. Just my opinion.

So, the one Zkittles plant that survived is the one pictured. All was going well and it was thriving in the solo cup. But I am using my 5x5 tent and wanted to grow more than 1 plant in there. So a couple of weeks ago I sprouted 3 Jack Herer seeds and currently have the 2 best ones in solo cups. I will be mainlining all of my photoperiod plants (love those colas) so I went ahead and snipped the zkittles down to the first mainline. I cleaned everything below the 4th node and topped the 5th. I then immediately put it in a 5 gallon fabric pot and gave it about a cup of water. So, mistakes are again getting made. I should have transplanted it, watered it thoroughly, THEN mainlined it once growth started again in a few days.

The next morning the leaves were drooping and I panicked and posted here. The drooping had to be due to the lack of water. I have soaked the plant well this morning and wanted to reply here. I noticed this morning that even the small new tops that are growing were drooping. I’ll post an update tomorrow with pictures…hopefully it’s recovered.

Thanks for the great suggestions and forgive my posting protocol breaches…like I said, I’ll get better.

Timeline and Details:

Soil is Fox Farm CocoLoco (not pure coco…they say treat it like soil that holds water better. It’s also hot but not as hot as ocean forest imo)
Mars Hydro TS-3000
Water is declorinated tap water with about 350-440ppm

Sprouted 11/7
Rapid Rooters & Heated seedling tray 11/9
Moved to solo cup 11/16
Mainlined 12/10
Moved to 5 gal fabric pot 12/10 (only gave it 1 cup water…don’t know why)
Droopy leaved 12/11
Watered 12/12…Soaked the pot with water @ 6.2ph, 600ppm (1/2 dose Buddha grow Organic notes), a little cal mag+

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You have a watering issue.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

chaduranga

chaduranga

Temperatures and humidity range where this plant is please.
I keep my grow room at about 72. I keep rh to 40-50%

I have more than one tent with individual light schedules and carbon filters so I keep a more neutral temp/rh for veg & flower.

chaduranga

chaduranga

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL
Thank you,

This is the start of my 4th grow but the first time I’ve made this egregious a watering error. Thanks for posting those…I’ll check them out.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL
I think you're right considering temperature and humidity are within good range.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thank you,

This is the start of my 4th grow but the first time I’ve made this egregious a watering error. Thanks for posting those…I’ll check them out.
No worries, read those and you will more about watering than 90% of growers.

growsince79

growsince79

I keep my grow room at about 72. I keep rh to 40-50%

I have more than one tent with individual light schedules and carbon filters so I keep a more neutral temp/rh for veg & flower.
Thats too cold

Top Bottom