Dry ice extraction

• Thread starter BudderNoon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

ncmaineac

kief/hash

first is keif really hash before i press it???

or is it not hash at all???...just wondering...

if i press it does it magically become hash then???...

or is hash a process including ice water...???

ok second...

can i use this hash kief in my vaporizer???...

i have a vaporite with a temp readout.

if so can i just sprinkle some on the weed i put in the bowl and use it that way??

has anyone done this...???

thanks,

ncm

smokum

smokum

ya, you can sprinkle it in with some flower..... after all.. it came from it in the first place.

Just don't over do it in the keif or you'll have a sticky mofo mess to clean, lol.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Need some clarification please: instead of stretching the 220 bag over the 5gal bucket and shaking (like they are in the vids), are you guys shaking your trim/ice with the smaller mesh bags from the get go? or are you shaking in the 220, then somehow sifting the resulting kif through the finer mesh bags? Please forgive my confusion.

Also, the video seems pretty specific about using the "work" bag/220u... can anyone think of why one would NOT want to use the finer mesh bags? Are they less durable? I have two sets of payload bags -- maybe I'll experiment with the older set's smaller mesh bags to see how the process effects them. Any thoughts before I risk the old set?

Cheers, FtW

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I would go with a smaller bag (160-120)- you may get less yield but it will no doubt be better quality

K

kes5480

it depends on the strain i think....sativa's got those tall skinny trich's with small heads so a finer micron is needed....and for indica's they have those big fat trich's and got big ole heads, so a bit larger micron is needed for those trich's.....

this is my opinion, i dont have experience in making this dry ice hash but i am gonna try now after reading this thread...
peace yall
keS

ftwendy

ftwendy

Gracias gents - keep us posted KES. I'm going to give this a shot this weekend... hopefully I'll have some pics and additional input. Anyone have input on the subtleties, or any tips and tricks? From what I've gathered:

-Flavor is not compromised because no water is used, therefore terpenes remain where they belong: in the final product, not the waste water.

-Results can be sampled immediately. No drying, correct?

-Using smaller mesh screens for tiny trichs is rec'd, and yields better results. Ie: one does not have to complete the shaking in the work/220um bags.

-Duration of the shake is key to quality. As with all other kif gathering processes, the shorter the plant material is agitated, the higher the quality of the end product.

-Using a long table or other long clean surface is useful for collecting in a timeline: starting the shake at one end and finishing at the other allows you to separate the initial shakings from the greener final results.

Hopefully I'm not being redundant -- I can't wait to dig into this new process. Best, FTW

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
ftwendy - you are correct - shake and toke - no drying needed

the reason to use smaller screens is not to catch tiny trichs - but to not get as much green matter in your final product

singingcrow

singingcrow

Anyone have suggestions as to how the dry I've lord can be stuffed into capsule format?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Howdy SingingCrow; Your gonna wanna "de-carb"(sp?) it 1st.
warm it in the oven to bout 180(?)
you can get caps at amazon
215SMNn%2B94L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Extensio...JJ8W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1325710868&sr=8-4

we did that for a while...then I started mixing the keif/hash with a tiny bit of olive oil and warming it...then capping it...
Works Way Better! Way more potent!
here is a link to the thread I made.

187493d1325462444t-i-recommend-nice-easy-way-medicate-i-use-harlequin-keifoilpils.jpg.att

there is a little bit of waste (unless you lick the bowl like I do) :)

Hope I was helpful...Let me if you have any other Q's :toivo

C

cerberus

ftwendy - you are correct - shake and toke - no drying needed

the reason to use smaller screens is not to catch tiny trichs - but to not get as much green matter in your final product

let me add to motherlode, the big difference between the dry sift and the bubble/water is how the bags work. in the bubble you pull your concentrate off of the bag vs the dry sift goes through the bag.. kinda abstract when i type it out but you can't use your smallest screen bag to dray sift like you do for your water, becase the water is letting out everything BUT your treasure, keeping the gold on top, while the dry lets the gold fall through and strains the trash on top..

singingcrow

singingcrow

Howdy SingingCrow; Your gonna wanna "de-carb"(sp?) it 1st.
warm it in the oven to bout 180(?)
you can get caps at amazon
215SMNn%2B94L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Extensio...JJ8W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1325710868&sr=8-4

we did that for a while...then I started mixing the keif/hash with a tiny bit of olive oil and warming it...then capping it...
Works Way Better! Way more potent!
here is a link to the thread I made.

187493d1325462444t-i-recommend-nice-easy-way-medicate-i-use-harlequin-keifoilpils.jpg.att

there is a little bit of waste (unless you lick the bowl like I do) :)

Hope I was helpful...Let me if you have any other Q's :toivo

Wow, MOST helpful! I was wondering. +1 rep. Thanks especially for the pic. Very informative, both the post and the pic.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

got a buddy that used $6 worth of dry ice. Place his trim and dry-ice in a 5g bucket. place a 160micron bag on the other end. Shakes it hard over aluminum foil. Scraps it and enjoys.

The fresher he gets it. Less green in it.

Hope this helps from what i seen and heard.

PS:this extraction way. 2gallons of trim=17grams of YUMMIE

T

THEBLAZEKING

Dry Ice Extraction Kanga Can

I got my kanga can from the hydro store and it works great the best part is you can get dry ice from most big super markets they sale it by the pound I get about 40 g with "I eye balled the trim" 4 to 5 oz of trim. You can go on youtube and look up 'Dry Ice Extraction Kanga Can'

L

LikemindS

Good times with dry ice :).
By far the fastest extraction.
Ive been getting @ 10-15% return off trim and 15-20% off flowers, processing @ 5oz at a time.
Makes great cookies and candies too. :)

A

ACCTECH

I love dry ice hash and will never go back to cold water extraction. It saves so much time and the cost to produce it isn't much different compared to ice and water. Here is a video we made to show the process. After much experimentation we settled on using a 90 micron bag.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_7zZLpVtrs[/YOUTUBE]

worm1

worm1

is it best to use frozen fresh trim, frozen dry trim or just dry trim?

Latest posts

Top Bottom