Dry Ice Kief Extraction: Yield and Processes

• Thread starter twerner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

twerner

I am about to start this process with 4oz of low quality bud, but not shake. I plan on grinding it up beforehand in a coffee grinder to get the most surface area possible, and possible freezing it overnight before I start. Since I'm making this for personal use, I don't really care about the quality of the keif that comes out--I just want to turn this otherwise unsmokeable, bad bud into something worth smoking. How much can I expect to produce? I'd like to get to about 25% yield, if that's possible. Anyone had extensive experience with this process and able to help?

OB1Ganjobi

OB1Ganjobi

With dry ice extraction you only need to shake the bag/bucket for a few seconds at a time, then collect your kif and shake again. The more you shake the greener the 'kif' will be so keep a.close eye and shake check shake...
You can sift it til all that's left are stems so watch the kif color closely and don't go too long.
Have fun!

T

twerner

Thanks for the advice man. As far as you're concerned (and I apologize if this is a strange question to ask or approach to take), what is the max weight of material I could get before the shaking just gives me the granular equivalent (as far as THC content is concerned) of regular old bud?

Top Bottom