Dry Sift Hash Maturation Process.

• Thread starter Tonza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tonza

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in the maturation of dry sift hash in order to find the best method. My goal is to preserve as many terpenes as possible and not degrade the cannabinoids in my product. I have been using Frenchy Cannoli's hot water bottle method for years. Recently, I discovered a new maturation method from Moroccan friends.

The method is quite simple. After cold pressing their hash into bricks, they wrap it in parchment paper and tightly wrap it in cellophane. Then, they put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours. They place the hash against their belly with a belt for at least 12 hours (depending on the quality of the hash). Finally, they put the hash back in the fridge before smoking it.

I have several questions about this method.
According to them, the cold "thermal shock" loosens the trichomes, making the hash sweat more easily.
I know that cold temperatures make it easier for trichomes to detach from plant material, but what does cold do to trichomes in pressed hash?
And why put the hash back in the fridge again before smoking?

Moroccans now produce very high-quality frozen and static hash, and I believe their method is correct. However, I am a big fan of Frenchy Cannoli, and with his 18 years of experience in producing countries, he knew what he was talking about.
What do you think?
What is the best method? Does heat is necessary to pop all the trichomes ? Or low temp maturation can do the job?
Does Frenchy Cannoli's method (212°F for 20 minutes) is bad for our fragile and precious terpenes?

Here are some results of this Moroccan technique.
Sorry for my bad english.
Thank you for your answers.

Have a great day!

Dry sift hash maturation process
Dry sift hash maturation process 2

TSD

TSD

I don't think there's necessarily a wrong way to do it, never heard of the Moroccan way, sounds interesting. 212 is just barely warm enough to start any kind of breakdown of terps or decarbing, so I don't think that's a concern. They do need to be heated for the trichs to be broken and melded together, which is what Frenchie's methods aims to do with the boiling water bottle... if they don't get melded together, it's kind of just pressed kief and not true hash. Whatever way you're doing seems to be working, looks like a nice little hash chunk.
Here's a chart of temps and which terps and such break down at which temp.
Screenshot 20230501 083554 Chrome

And here's a little hash temple ball I made with cleaned dry sift and pressed with the hot water bottle method.
20230109 164200
Screenshot 20230213 190947 Chrome

T

Tonza

Thanks you very much for you answer, I'll try different maturation technique depending the product I have.
Your temple ball looks very nice, shiny :-p

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

Thanks you very much for you answer, I'll try different maturation technique depending the product I have.
Your temple ball looks very nice, shiny :-p
It was, and tasty... and long gone lol... need to make one and let it age like they do with the true temple balls.

Latest posts

Top Bottom