dry sifting to hashish pressing

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

the big piece i pressed in the pollen press was resin from the 75 micron uncleaned, so depending on your sifting “skill” or need, will determine the amount of “contaminate” so i knew i could press it as is for me.. as when i heat it up to roll a joint it breaks up nicely, smokes perfect..
so than i had more 75 micron leftover and decided to “clean” it by removing the contaminate with the glove method., now once you got the clean resin you can do whatever you want with it, i make a “temple ball” style hash and put it away for as long as i can.. as during this time it 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ forgot the word oh age like wine and the cannabiniods will get rid of any contaminate the may be still there., and i figure the farm likes to see that hash more so than a pressed piece from a press.. i only smoke hash and oil only for at least 35 yrs now.. maybe smoked/tried 5-10 weeds joints since than.. so i need lots!
oh if i decided to press that 75 uncleaned with the hot bottle, the piece may not have melted enough to stick or if it did it probably would just crumble apart within a few days.
and i’m getting to old to be pressing big pieces, geezus that would kill me, love my pollen press.. i could of clean it all and put it into the press, but if i did i wouldn’t heat the press too much and i would of put the resin in a cellophane “baggie”, than when pressing id release as soon as i could feel the pressure starting when pumping up..
"the cannabiniods will get rid of any contaminate the may be still there" bro science or real science? Please explain.

By contaminate i assume thats everything thats not a tricome?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have no idea what I'm doing. I ordered the screens and am going to consult youtube and this thread and hope for the best. @GNick55 is the 75 the smallest you go?
yes, why is there a smaller size?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
"the cannabiniods will get rid of any contaminate the may be still there" bro science or real science? Please explain.

By contaminate i assume thats everything thats not a tricome?
yes i got that info from frenchy and he explains a bit of it in one of his many videos..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
That seems like so much more work lol
You Canadians and your tobacco weed combos lol
hash and tobacco yes but not in weed.. i actually remember the very first time i saw someone add tobacco to weed and i lost it, it was about 37/38 yrs ago, never agreed with it since

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The set I got has 250, 165, 149 and 75 I believe.
yep same as me.. ok didn’t think there was a smaller one, though they should for cleaning resin on, least with the glove technique..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i guess you could put all the 75 from dry sifting in a 73 bubble bag and spray it clean, than dry it etc..

Dothraki

Dothraki

Is there a benefit to 75 vs 90 or 45 vs 75 etc? I understand less plant material equals better quality, but do you lose any of the cannabinoid profile when going too small? Or is it exactly the same in all trichomes? If that’s the case…is the smaller size just a matter of reducing plant matter or is their a difference in quality or effect in any other way?

I also wonder if my 120 or 110 screen will be capable of producing something fairly clean…but then again, I was pretty happy with the scissor hash I just smoked haha!

I was always intrigued by hash. Only had it a time or two here and there growing up but now learning how to process it using different methods I’m curious how different each one is to the other. Does the profile of high tend to depend on the method used (starting with same plant), micron size, dry, wet, cold, heat, pressed, hand rolled etc?

Dothraki

Dothraki

hash and tobacco yes but not in weed.. i actually remember the very first time i saw someone add tobacco to weed and i lost it, it was about 37/38 yrs ago, never agreed with it since
I wish tobacco smoke wasn’t so bad for you so I could smoke flavored pipe tobacco. Imagine throwing a nice chunk of hash on some cherry pipe tobacco 🤤🤤🤤
…while settling in for a 007 marathon with Sean Connery…

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

What’s the difference? We all smoke with spin in it down here my lungs can’t handle straight green be coughing for a week 😂

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I was actually wondering that. I have a set of boldtbags and it has a 45 final wash bag.
yes you can use that, i just suggested the 73 as it would probably be easier to wash/clean faster and water would drain out quicker..
really anyone doing dry sifting and you want to clean your resin use the nitrile glove, to me this method has made this annoying process soooo much easier and faster..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Is there a benefit to 75 vs 90 or 45 vs 75 etc? I understand less plant material equals better quality, but do you lose any of the cannabinoid profile when going too small? Or is it exactly the same in all trichomes? If that’s the case…is the smaller size just a matter of reducing plant matter or is their a difference in quality or effect in any other way?

I also wonder if my 120 or 110 screen will be capable of producing something fairly clean…but then again, I was pretty happy with the scissor hash I just smoked haha!

I was always intrigued by hash. Only had it a time or two here and there growing up but now learning how to process it using different methods I’m curious how different each one is to the other. Does the profile of high tend to depend on the method used (starting with same plant), micron size, dry, wet, cold, heat, pressed, hand rolled etc?
get back to ya later.,

Top Bottom