dry sifting to hashish pressing

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mcprp

This is 110 / 75 mix . My son always tells me not to mix them but smoking wise I really don’t taste or see the difference so I guess I’m stubborn that way . I do have plant matter in the 220 but it’s still dam good to smoke .

TSD

TSD

This is 110 / 75 mix . My son always tells me not to mix them but smoking wise I really don’t taste or see the difference so I guess I’m stubborn that way . I do have plant matter in the 220 but it’s still dam good to smoke .
I haven't even done it yet so I can't give a personal opinion. I've only ever had ice hash so sifting is a whole new thing for me, I ordered the screens and I'm just going to do it and see how it goes. I don't want the hassle of washing and drying. I assume that unless you melt it, you can still crumble it up even after it's pressed as long as it's not warmed up? I could be wrong. I just got a little cylinder puck press for cheap because I don't even know how I'm going to like all this lol. So you just leave it loose after washing instead of pressing it or forming it at all?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m definitely not mocking the sift method . The whole thing seems great but I am going to stick to my guns when I say I like my hash in a crumpled powder form . Even if the ball or cube dry which takes way longer in that form , if you break off a small piece and smoke just that , it turns into a resin ball and it doesn’t go out easy so it keeps burning while your not ready for the next hit and that is wasteful too . That why I like it in a powdery form and just sprinkle some in with the bud I’m smoking . Otherwise your better off with dab so you only take one small hit at a time . I don’t know , this probably sounds crazy to you so it’s hard for me to explain . Doesn’t matter , to each his own like I said
I’m definitely not mocking the sift method . The whole thing seems great but I am going to stick to my guns when I say I like my hash in a crumpled powder form . Even if the ball or cube dry which takes way longer in that form , if you break off a small piece and smoke just that , it turns into a resin ball and it doesn’t go out easy so it keeps burning while your not ready for the next hit and that is wasteful too . That why I like it in a powdery form and just sprinkle some in with the bud I’m smoking . Otherwise your better off with dab so you only take one small hit at a time . I don’t know , this probably sounds crazy to you so it’s hard for me to explain . Doesn’t matter , to each his own like I said
Temple ball or hand worked hash properly made is a waayyy different buzz and worth the work - it’s the patience I have trouble with . Lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
hey brother just curious as i mean nothing bad about it.
how old are ya?
you don’t seem to be familiar with hashish?
where you from?
you have a full melt probably that has not been cured,
in hash making countries, plants are often harvested and piled into a room for like months even a year before sifting the resin as by that time the trichomes have had the chance to mature and ripen..

M

Mcprp

I haven't even done it yet so I can't give a personal opinion. I've only ever had ice hash so sifting is a whole new thing for me, I ordered the screens and I'm just going to do it and see how it goes. I don't want the hassle of washing and drying. I assume that unless you melt it, you can still crumble it up even after it's pressed as long as it's not warmed up? I could be wrong. I just got a little cylinder puck press for cheap because I don't even know how I'm going to like all this lol. So you just leave it loose after washing instead of pressing it or forming it at all?
I just press it real thin between parchment paper and let it dry . The best is in the summer under the sun but you can use a heat lamp or even a regular lamp that gives off heat . Speeds the process up nice . I find the sun is the best outside but anyway after it’s dry it will crumple up into powder

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Heres what happens when you mix and dont clean your hash. It looks like shit when you press it...
Was still good but not what it couldve been had i took the time to clean it, i also didnt heat my press up i just pressed it.
Resized952021100895120313

M

Mcprp

how old are ya?
where you from?
in hash making countries, plants are often harvested and piled into a room for like months even a year before sifting the resin as by that time the trichomes have had the chance to mature and ripen..
I’m not quite sure I’m following you . I make ice hash with cured bud and a lot of sugar leafs . When I’m done it taste like hash oil and it blows your mind with a beautiful high . I really could careless what they do in Afghanistan but I didn’t see any storing in a room for a year with this guys method . I probably shouldn’t have gotten involved in this . I just notice a lot of people really get carried away with there techniques even just growing . I mean yeah, there’s basic growing techniques like humidity and temp . But I think people get carried away with all the stuff they are feeding them and everything else . Special super dooper lights and everything . I’m 60 but I really don’t understand what my age has to do with how I make hash . I really can’t imagine it any better my self but hey what do I know , maybe the sifting technique is like eating mushrooms and I don’t even know .

M

Mcprp

Heres what happens when you mix and dont clean your hash. It looks like shit when you press it...
Was still good but not what it couldve been had i took the time to clean it, i also didnt heat my press up i just pressed it.
View attachment 1310071
That looks like you mixed the 220 with everything. Mine never looks like that with 110/75 . Don’t know what to tell you . And I don’t even know why it’s shaped like that except that’s your preference and that’s fine . Im not hear to argue in fact after this im done because I can see people are just going to try and belittle me like im not supposed to share my opinion . Does this look like yours ? No !

7D4994ED 2E84 4E2D 8C49 72ECCC0C9155
M

Mcprp

That looks like you mixed the 220 with everything. Mine never looks like that with 110/75 . Don’t know what to tell you . And I don’t even know why it’s shaped like that except that’s your preference and that’s fine . Im not hear to argue in fact after this im done because I can see people are just going to try and belittle me like im not supposed to share my opinion . Does this look like yours ? No !
I just said I don’t like to make a ball or a cube with mine . That’s all ! You do it your way and that’s great by me . God bless ya and enjoy the holidays . Get ready for spring .!

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Dry ice hash, it was 160, 145, 90, 45. I dont waste my time with 220.... not many people do thats why its called the work bag/screen
I keep my 25 completely seperate

M

Mcprp

how old are ya?
where you from?
My trichomes are plenty ripe and cured other wise I would never have harvested the plant and then my bud cures for at least 3 months . 6 is better and that’s what I make ice hash with . The sugar leafs and tiny buds are left in a cardboard box for the same time . To each his own

Stanfields

Stanfields

here i’ll start this thread with how to and tips, though i’m always learning too, on dry sifting to pressing hash.
than after done,
all hashish methods and tips are welcome, bubble hash too!..
in these videos i’m working with the don biscotti resin, i remember it being a bit difficult resin so let’s see what i have to do for hashish..
the pink starburst worked like a charm with bubble wash, the pink starburst buds will be dry sifted also, hopefully this weekend to see what method is better for that kind.

M

Mcprp

Temple ball or hand worked hash properly made is a waayyy different buzz and worth the work - it’s the patience I have trouble with . Lol
Why is temple ball lol ! As you say, way better high . Are you increasing the potency by rolling it into a ball ? Lol . I shouldn’t laugh I know but I would like you to explain . Good hash in my opinion is as good as your weed and that’s all about genetics if you ask me . Is hash supposed to taste better than hash oil .,are you seeing colors or patterns with the temple ball hash . I guess I’m just trying to say I just can’t imagine it being way better than mine but I’ll take your word for it .,

M

Mcprp

No , I press all the moisture out between parchment paper and leave it to dry paper thin . Then yes , I crumple it up and put in the bottom of my grinder where all the Kief falls . I take a small pinch and add It to the bud I’m smoking .I have many times just smoked it straight but to me it’s wasteful because it burns forever and you can’t put your thumb on it to put it out because it will stick to your thumb and you only need a tiny bit for a hit because the shit expands in your lungs and you’ll be coughing for 10 minutes if your not careful .

M

Mcprp

I think @GNick55 is after the purest form of hash possible... and I don't think it's technically even hash if it's still full of plant matter... I think true hash aims to be almost 100% pure trichomes... otherwise it's basically just kief... correct me if I'm wrong GNick.
No , I press all the moisture out between parchment paper and leave it to dry paper thin . Then yes , I crumple it up and put in the bottom of my grinder where all the Kief falls . I take a small pinch and add It to the bud I’m smoking .I have many times just smoked it straight but to me it’s wasteful because it burns forever and you can’t put your thumb on it to put it out because it will stick to your thumb and you only need a tiny bit for a hit because the shit expands in your lungs and you’ll be coughing for 10 minutes if your not careful .
Yup, blonde lebanese is lightly pressed shaken trichomes, it's also called kif, polm or pollen. Lovely stuff.

4030340E 8364 451F BE98 2892C4CC014A
Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yup, blonde lebanese is lightly pressed shaken trichomes, it's also called kif, polm or pollen. Lovely stuff.
i can’t believe at your age you don’t know about temple ball, red lebanese, moroccan, afghania.. etc and those are some of the common ones..
yes your doing something different from what this thread is about and yes that’s bubble hash and yes how your describing it is what is suppose to happen as it’s an easy method to get cleaner resin..

Latest posts

Top Bottom