• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
IMG 3097
IMG 3098

Microns. Now, back to bed for a few hours! Take your time deciding.

dextr0

dextr0

So after looking at the options and considering my budget, I’m still leaning toward starting with 2 decent quality screens.

I’d like to buy a kit with 4, but the only ones I can afford are probably poor quality.

I just checked out that Royal Extract Machines @dextr0 shared and I can afford to grab 2 of the 20x24 to get started.

What size screens would y’all recommend if you had to use only 2?
I’m thinking 124 and 76 microns (125 & 196 lpi)

I see now, the screens I’m looking at are on sale and come with a lifetime re meshing. I think I’m gonna do it yall, just gotta decide the 2 sizes

Those are in LPI. If I was getting two I would do 86/180 lpi.

If at all possible I say spring for the largest size. The room really helps make things easier.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Those are in LPI. If I was getting two I would do 86/180 lpi.

If at all possible I say spring for the largest size. The room really helps make things easier.
Awesome thanks for the feedback. I like those screen sizes better than the ones offered in the 3 pack, so I’ll probably start with 2 following your lpi recommendations.

I’ll definitely take some time to think it over first, but that’s more than likely what I’ll do.
Thanks again!

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
One of the best investments I made was a set of 8 bag bubble bags with a lifetime guarantee

The four set was ok

Screens thou are a different ball game

I must admit I haven’t made any for a while and am starting to crave some lol
Got any nice pics to drool over 🙂

dextr0

dextr0

Awesome thanks for the feedback. I like those screen sizes better than the ones offered in the 3 pack, so I’ll probably start with 2 following your lpi recommendations.

I’ll definitely take some time to think it over first, but that’s more than likely what I’ll do.
Thanks again!
No problem. Honestly I grabbed 4 (61,86,180,230 lpi; I also set them up in that order top to bottom). The top two are for cleaning. 61 holds your larger material. 86 is an intermediate that basicly catches big stuff before hitting the 180.
180 is your work screen. You’re going to push contams through that while simultaneously collecting heads of the same charge.

My 230 I find myself not even using 90% of the time because the heads are not that good or not good at all and not worth the time.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
that 3 pack is absolutely fine,. all your head sizes will be collected on the 230 screen,.. than after some cleaning you’ll be easily able to press chunks,..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And if you are going for it, start looking around for something to put the screens on! I use an old mirror, found out in the barn! Or you can line something with parchment paper, but that is kind of a hassle!
IMG 3100

dextr0

dextr0

that 3 pack is absolutely fine,. all your head sizes will be collected on the 230 screen,.. than after some cleaning you’ll be easily able to press chunks,..
If he wants any quality he will be getting 180.

I would never mix my 230 with 180. That’s asking for inferior product period. I knew I should have added why I don’t use what’s on my 230. One it’s a bitch to clean properly. It has all the contams from previous screens on it and can create a powder that is hard to clean. This makes anything that’s not cleaned properly nasty tasting to smoke. It also burns bad it’s got little to no melt period so it’s mostly char you added and that taste and smokes bad.

There are heads and you can clean them but I would use them for edibles or in a smoothie not for smoking.

Just my two cents.

dextr0

dextr0

And if you are going for it, start looking around for something to put the screens on! I use an old mirror, found out in the barn! Or you can line something with parchment paper, but that is kind of a hassle!View attachment 2148377
I use a table but I use sections of the cardboard box they came in for the bottom and when not in use the top screens. The bottom one holds the contaminants and etc that have fell through previous screens. I’ll clean that after the sessions are done. Top one is just for a little protection when not in use.

When gathering material I’ve worked (heads) I just fold up a parchment paper and as I clean brush them onto it.

dextr0

dextr0

How do you smoke the full melt? What do you use? Something like a dab rig ?
You can. It will stain glass if it’s not super clean.

Most of the time if I’m smoking heads I’ll just flatten pieces out and throw them on top of a screen and hit that lightly so it doesn’t fall through. I do smaller pieces so it’s not a waste if it does fall through.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
My shit just melts and clogs up the screens! My lungs can’t handle that anyway! I’m a 50 year smoker, so I just grate it up and mix it in with tobacco when I’m making cigarettes! The only way I can smoke it anymore! And it seems to be working for the cats over in Afghanistan and Pakistan! I seldom see them smoking it straight! I guess they don’t like rolling around in the sand coughing their asses off anymore than I like rolling around on the floor doing it!😂

Last edited:
dextr0

dextr0

My shit just melts and clogs up the screens! My lungs can’t handle that anyway! I’m a 50 year smoker, so I just grate it up and mix it in with tobacco when I’m making cigarettes! The only way I can smoke it anymore! And it seems to be working for the cats over in Afghanistan and Pakistan! I seldom see them smoking it straight!
I burn my screen off every hit so it doesn’t do that to me. I absolutely hate burnt hash taste. It’s a nuisance for sure but something I put up with. My buddy just smokes through it but I think that’s nasty.

Sometimes I’ll roll balls or worms of hash and roll it in my blunts but not often as I like to taste them separately.

Top Bottom