dry sifting to hashish pressing

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zab

Do your screens just fit this? And not on sale now, not a big deal there as it will go on sale again. I was looking at something similar at Vevor, but I don't need it atm. I know I have a piece of stainless at the other house if I can get it, I know its large enough, not sure if its smooth or brushed though.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Lol! That’s fucking awesome! I’m even becoming kind of partial to their music! Can’t get enough of those videos! I like the way the guy in the purple at one point goes, oh, my aching back! I don’t doubt it! they don’t seem too concerned about temperature and humidity!

• Love
Reactions: Zab
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
No kidding! You would think they might get blasted just absorbing it through their skin! Makes me wonder why I am even bothering to hang the shit!

Z

Zab

And wondered if those were poppies in the background! Remember, back in the day when you used to get some hash laced with opium! The good old days! 😁🐒
I must have missed it, will watch again but not atm, need to fire up a bowl. Opium eh, my aunt had poppy seeds from the old country, the good stuff!👀

TBH I am still almost speechless, took me about 5 trys to post something that didn't sound completely asinine . And again thanks for that vid it made my week.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Back in the early 70s the opium laced stuff would show up occasionally! It got the job done, and then some! And maybe your aunt has a few stories to tell!😂 one of the major regrets of getting old is not having asked older relatives about their lives, and history! Now they’re all dead, and I’m next! Take advantage of the opportunity while you have it! They might surprise you!

Z

Zab

Yeah well I am just about 68 now and they are now gone, oh heard tons of stories from my elders, sadly my disk drive got full then corrupted, so its hard sometimes for me to recall.
One of my favorites though is when I was preschool, all I ever head from any adult when some disaster or change in weather etc. they would blame on Sputnik

O

OhRose

I want to do this.

I have a few ounces of bud drying atm, that I will be willing to offer to experiments.

But, like... I have some questions, that just don't seem to make sense.

Ok, 1 I don't really care about full melt whatever. I'm pretty sure the Afghanis font either... so with that in mind, I could poetically get away with a very simple setup?

Mostly, though I don't understand the yield. I mean... 10% flower to hashish, and from what I'm seeing dry sift is usually only around 30% thc. So if my starting material is nearly as strong as the final product... what the fuck happens? Does that mean that the remaining buds will be fairly unaffected, and still well smokeable?

What if I don't care? Could the bud be sacrificed to increase hash yield? I think that's the dry ice method. I feel like I saw reports of like 30-40%yield. But that still seems like bad math. If my weed is 25% thc to begin with, and I yield 40% by weight of hash @ 30% thc.... then the leftovers are still 22%.

I know, don't get so fixed on numbers. I know it's not simple like that, but it demonstrates concepts... Anyway, do you just smoke the leftovers? What's the scoop? I've tried looking around for answers, but failed. This seems more effective.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I want to do this.

I have a few ounces of bud drying atm, that I will be willing to offer to experiments.

But, like... I have some questions, that just don't seem to make sense.

Ok, 1 I don't really care about full melt whatever. I'm pretty sure the Afghanis font either... so with that in mind, I could poetically get away with a very simple setup?

Mostly, though I don't understand the yield. I mean... 10% flower to hashish, and from what I'm seeing dry sift is usually only around 30% thc. So if my starting material is nearly as strong as the final product... what the fuck happens? Does that mean that the remaining buds will be fairly unaffected, and still well smokeable?

What if I don't care? Could the bud be sacrificed to increase hash yield? I think that's the dry ice method. I feel like I saw reports of like 30-40%yield. But that still seems like bad math. If my weed is 25% thc to begin with, and I yield 40% by weight of hash @ 30% thc.... then the leftovers are still 22%.

I know, don't get so fixed on numbers. I know it's not simple like that, but it demonstrates concepts... Anyway, do you just smoke the leftovers? What's the scoop? I've tried looking around for answers, but failed. This seems more effective.
everyone’s skill is different, strains are different, etc etc etc
but what ever the strength (thc) of your starting material, your hashish will be double/triple strength,. but in a condensed form giving a different high than smoking as a weed joint,.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well it’s that time again, i’m outta hash very soon and well that’s how it goes, Afghanica buds were jarred for a month+ and branches/buds before that hung for 3 weeks,.
wish i could leave for a couple more months but,.. probably ready to sift in 2-3 days,..
IMG 2102
IMG 2155

Top Bottom