dry sifting to hashish pressing

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

not this time,
i left it out in the open done there for a few days as it’s in the 50’s humidity around 60.. my buddy weren’t dry crispy crumbly but crumbled/broke up nice between the fingers, but i used a medtainer to break up..
Do you recommend freezing the buds first?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Do you recommend freezing the buds first?
when you do something like that just be aware that plant material can break up finely faster.
with two screens maybe not put into freezer but maybe the fridge, if from the freezer id break up carefully in a big bowl than back in freezer than gently sift that for only a couple mins and see what you got.. but if the weed has been sitting around for a couple months than your probably good as is.. as long as the buds were healthy not brown deficiency affected leaf..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the card on the right is after cleaning the sift (contaminate leftover) on the 149 screen, as you can see by the colour difference, card on left is from the 75 screen.. so try to use the colour to see when you removed most of the resin from the contaminate.,
10EEF85E 675C 4E3A B99C 9E0CCC96D8C1

freezeland2

freezeland2

when you do something like that just be aware that plant material can break up finely faster.
with two screens maybe not put into freezer but maybe the fridge, if from the freezer id break up carefully in a big bowl than back in freezer than gently sift that for only a couple mins and see what you got.. but if the weed has been sitting around for a couple months than your probably good as is.. as long as the buds were healthy not brown deficiency affected leaf..
Thinking I’m going to get the 165 & 250 screens. That will complete my set of all 4 of the 25x36” screens.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
How much flower you start with. I saw the bucket and all but I’m curious in terms of ounces to produce that pile. If you know…
honestly i don’t know, even hard for me to guess i not a weed guy, it’s a 5 gallon pail and i’d say half full or a little less.. the resin i did not clean it either but it wouldn’t be much smaller if i did..

TSD

TSD

I just ordered a 4 screen set and a cylinder press for my pounds of butter bud from last year that are sitting around starting to degrade... Merry Christmas to me 😊 I shall refer back to this thread for pointers! So since it's older and been curing in jars for over a year... should I not freeze it first? I was planning on doing it out in the cold ass garage.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
AA1BCDEF 228F 43C7 B2B0 16BC16F3B0CD
54C0B7DA 79DB 4C03 B660 4DBF483E1471

the doobies i’m smoking in videos is this hash, thankfully it’s good, smoked 3 already and i’m nice and stoned.. i’m guessing 10% of that is contaminate in there..
i’m thinking of cleaning the rest of the 75 micron and adding it to the stuff on the table and hot bottle/hand press, whatever i do i’ll post, might not be tonight..

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I just ordered a 4 screen set and a cylinder press for my pounds of butter bud from last year that are sitting around starting to degrade... Merry Christmas to me 😊 I shall refer back to this thread for pointers! So since it's older and been curing in jars for over a year... should I not freeze it first? I was planning on doing it out in the cold ass garage.
id lay out the weed in the garage for a few days before sifting it.. no reason to freeze it especially if it’s cold out there..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
clean your brushes by letting them sit in freezing cold water for a while, shake off, air dry..
E0B6A51E E0A2 401A 99E7 F65A2D1F225C

used weed/dirty sift is garbage.. use your jewellers loupe throughout the whole sifting process to more precise..
F2D888BE 2822 4886 8921 DBD00CCE286E

hot bottle pressing..
30FFDAB1 456C 4C2A AEAA 6021B7363908
69CAC808 71E3 4BDB 8BAD 6B3EAAD64F32
9572CA34 1845 4502 9283 375CB173CDA4

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m actually up here visiting and just had my buddy put last years leftovers in his garage fur the last couple weeks Gonna ck it out this week and what I get. I think it’s plenty cold here ..
Well wasn’t worth it I didn’t have the right screens and tools but yours looks fire as always ! Nice job I like watching ya with the hot bottle someday I’ll be able. gettin that nice clean resin is key huh?

TSD

TSD

@GNick55 is that a special plastic you're using to roll it out... and is there a certain temp the hot water should be? Does the type of glove matter, and is that a shaving brush you're using? Sorry for all the questions... I've never made hash before and you clearly know what you're doing... kind of want to try that technique.

Top Bottom