dry sifting to hashish pressing

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I was looking at from a trusted source standpoint. That seemed to be a concern in your post. My point of replying was you make it you know where it came from.
I don't know what that means, it is from a trusted source.....

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Well, New York City, so there's going to be a bit of a premium, $35 is actually on the low side, but think about it.....1g carts of 85%+ TCH? Good brands. I don't know how anyone can produce 1g of good extract for $15,.....unless they're using lower quality or leaves...

But it doesn't matter to me, it takes us 3 weeks to go through 1 cart, so it's really not an issue for us.
I get 1 gram TKOs for 20 a cart, and im in upstate new york, with the scratch off label to verify they are legit on tko website. I buy a 10 pack at a time, sell 6 at 35 a pop and end up with 4 for free. My dabs are the same deal, 20/g unless i buy 5 or more then it gets real cheap.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I get 1 gram TKOs for 20 a cart, and im in upstate new york, with the scratch off label to verify they are legit on tko website. I buy a 10 pack at a time, sell 6 at 35 a pop and end up with 4 for free. My dabs are the same deal, 20/g unless i buy 5 or more then it gets real cheap.
That is super... ;)

If it was 25 yrs ago........

Moshmen

Moshmen

First attempt at , well don’t know if call it a temple ball or what I’ve made balls before but this time I put a couple grams in metal cup with heat and water till it started to brick up then worked it some more now we dry and see?

B560E3AF 2D3E 459D BFB2 89CA6420C0A8
F

foodmoney

I need help deeply
And sorry for the bad English

I got bunch of Kief which I screend already in a 90 and 70 micron mesh screen.
No matter how I press it, it become very stiff and hard like a rock. And even if I seat on it or put it in my hand to try to warm it it crumbles when its worm and I want to be more like good old Morrocn hash carmelo if you know what I’m taking about.
What should I do with the Kief I want to make it more flexible.
What is the best way to make good hash from Kief?

Please I’m begging you guys to help me I tried everything I can think of putting it in the oven ,press machine, I even punched it with a hammer for an hour, but no matter what I can’t bring out the oil from him to make it more flexible

In the photos the left I punched with a hammer for 1-2 hours and the blonded brick I pressed handley (they are both hard as a rock the blonde a lil bit less)
FBFA72EC BEF9 4487 9B04 4FE5D35712F0

F

foodmoney

Thank you. Gotta have patients to dry sift for sure. A lot of people believe that’s why females are better at dry sifting...patient. Me I’m just not in a rush to go anywhere lol. Older now.
I used hand tek. Honestly a lot of contams wanted to stick to so I did my best and worked material over screen over and over separated as best I could and then cleaned screens and repeated.
My saying goes if you can’t clean it all the way clean as much as you can.

The Double Banana Fuel I ran normal three round of hand tek. I never have problems with fresher material. It’s been said that has to do with diffrent ratio of thca/thc as time goes by compared to fresh (heads).
View attachment 1226685

View attachment 1226686

Thank you too. I do press but for me pressing is not necessary. I enjoy the sift as is it made into hash or made into hash rosin. In fact I always make a little of all of them.
If I’m pressing into traditional hash I like to quickly press sift into coil like shape. Sometimes I will heat to 175f for 15 min to partially decarboxylate other times I just press a few times at say 120f until I see it melt together. View attachment 1226673

If I’m making hash rosin out of the sift (usually 100-180 micron) I usually mold it again using low heat and just my fingers till I make a small rectangle then drop that into a 25 micron nylon bag and put it into a 220 micron bag. I then press this at 145-175f for 2.5 min.
I do small increments of pressure after half a min. and basically just eye the resin as it drips. When it starts flowing I give it a little push (pressure) to keep flow going.
I cannot say psi because I use a hand pump.

View attachment 1226678

View attachment 1226675View attachment 1226679View attachment 1226680View attachment 1226681View attachment 1226676View attachment 1226677
View attachment 1226682
How did you make the hash before you pressed it in to rosin and can I do it to 100grams? How much time will that take?
I have the same red press machine as the thread opener in the vidz.
With what press machine you pressed it? Can you send me a link to that?
How did you got all this oil out of the kief??

Moshmen

Moshmen

How did you make the hash before you pressed it in to rosin and can I do it to 100grams? How much time will that take?
I have the same red press machine as the thread opener in the vidz.
With what press machine you pressed it? Can you send me a link to that?
How did you got all this oil out of the kief??
I need help deeply
And sorry for the bad English

I got bunch of Kief which I screend already in a 90 and 70 micron mesh screen.
No matter how I press it, it become very stiff and hard like a rock. And even if I seat on it or put it in my hand to try to warm it it crumbles when its worm and I want to be more like good old Morrocn hash carmelo if you know what I’m taking about.
What should I do with the Kief I want to make it more flexible.
What is the best way to make good hash from Kief?

Please I’m begging you guys to help me I tried everything I can think of putting it in the oven ,press machine, I even punched it with a hammer for an hour, but no matter what I can’t bring out the oil from him to make it more flexible

In the photos the left I punched with a hammer for 1-2 hours and the blonded brick I pressed handley (they are both hard as a rock the blonde a lil bit less)View attachment 1324648
The 70 micron screen should at least give you full melt? But chances are the kief is not Klein enuff of plant material ? @gnicks may want to chime in - also you need some heat source most hot bottle press

F

foodmoney

The 70 micron screen should at least give you full melt? But chances are the kief is not Klein enuff of plant material ? @gnicks may want to chime in - also you need some heat source most hot bottle press
I don’t think I can use hot bottle press cause I want to press more then 100g
And for the record I used only 70 micro mesh screen once and did not used any other screen. The guy who gave it to me said it was already screened at 80 or 90 micro i guess from a trimming machine…

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I don’t think I can use hot bottle press cause I want to press more then 100g
And for the record I used only 70 micro mesh screen once and did not used any other screen. The guy who gave it to me said it was already screened at 80 or 90 micro i guess from a trimming machine…
you should’ve cleaned it with the nitrile glove method, it’s hard and crumbles because of plant contaminate.. if your not going to clean it than press it in a 4 ton pollen press at least..

F

foodmoney

you should’ve cleaned it with the nitrile glove method, it’s hard and crumbles because of plant contaminate.. if your not going to clean it than press it in a 4 ton pollen press at least..
Can you send me a link explaining about the nitrile glove method?

F

foodmoney

Is there any way to clean it without the dry sifting screens. I don’t think they sale them in my country. I used a round kitchen 70 mesh screen for flour I think
That’s the only thing I could find

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Is there any way to clean it without the dry sifting screens. I don’t think they sale them in my country. I used a round kitchen 70 mesh screen for flour I think
That’s the only thing I could find
a 45 micron bubble bag?

F

foodmoney

a 45 micron bubble bag?
And I seen your videos when you press the hash. Your hash bricks get heated easily if you press them in your hands?
And in the vids you put the metal in the boiling water, how are you drying it after you take it out of the water?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Will it work? I can get bags
well it’s your second best choice, dump the kief into a 45 bag would be my choice and preferably use a water hose/sprayer attached to the tap, what you want is powerful COLD water pressure to break up the plant contaminate and push it through also being wet helps it, no worries as heads will stay in the bag, i’d stay it good for 10-15 mins easily.. than, well do you know what to do after?
what else might work with the 45 bag is out kief in first than a chunk of dry ice and shake over table, anything that falls through is contaminate..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
And I seen your videos when you press the hash. Your hash bricks get heated easily if you press them in your hands?
And in the vids you put the metal in the boiling water, how are you drying it after you take it out of the water?
yes i usually make 2 styles one in a pollen press, so you put the body of the press in boiling water to heat up than put together and it’ll be hot and dry, so than dump in your kief and press away, the other stuff is from the same kief which i took and cleaned making it more pure heads so that makes it easier to hot bottle press than a hand press/rub to finish, kinda a temple ball style..

Latest posts

Top Bottom