dry sifting to hashish pressing

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

foodmoney

well it’s your second best choice, dump the kief into a 45 bag would be my choice and preferably use a water hose/sprayer attached to the tap, what you want is powerful COLD water pressure to break up the plant contaminate and push it through also being wet helps it, no worries as heads will stay in the bag, i’d stay it good for 10-15 mins easily.. than, well do you know what to do after?
what else might work with the 45 bag is out kief in first than a chunk of dry ice and shake over table, anything that falls through is contaminate..
Are you talking about making bubble hash? Is it a good thing to do from kief?
The kief won’t get ruined if I spray water on it? Thank you for helping me and sorry if I’m annoying you it’s pretty hard for me to understand you

F

foodmoney

yes i usually make 2 styles one in a pollen press, so you put the body of the press in boiling water to heat up than put together and it’ll be hot and dry, so than dump in your kief and press away, the other stuff is from the same kief which i took and cleaned making it more pure heads so that makes it easier to hot bottle press than a hand press/rub to finish, kinda a temple ball style..
But how do you dry the body of the press and how much time are you waiting to let it cool down a bit or do you put it straight out of the water while it’s hot the most.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Are you talking about making bubble hash? Is it a good thing to do from kief?
The kief won’t get ruined if I spray water on it? Thank you for helping me and sorry if I’m annoying you it’s pretty hard for me to understand you
yes exactly bubble.. no heads will go through the 45 so you really just want to clean it of the plant contaminate which takes powerful water pressure to break it up and push it through being wet will also help it push through.. than just finish it off as you would normal bubble..
i’m guessing because that’s from machine trimming that it’s not ideal and i’m guessing only from what you’ve told me that out of 100 grams of kief is probably around 20 grams of heads give or take..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
But how do you dry the body of the press and how much time are you waiting to let it cool down a bit or do you put it straight out of the water while it’s hot the most.
i take it out after boiling for a bit and again depending on what i’m putting into the press meaning how much contaminate ratio im dealing with i may want lots of heat or just a bit of heat maybe a as much pressure as i can get or a quick light press, but when i take it out and out on a towel the aluminum body is basically dry from the heat of the aluminum, stays ripping hot for way longer than needed.,

F

foodmoney

yes exactly bubble.. no heads will go through the 45 so you really just want to clean it of the plant contaminate which takes powerful water pressure to break it up and push it through being wet will also help it push through.. than just finish it off as you would normal bubble..
i’m guessing because that’s from machine trimming that it’s not ideal and i’m guessing only from what you’ve told me that out of 100 grams of kief is probably around 20 grams of heads give or take..
That’s not ideal if I lose 80%
If I somehow found and use dry sifting screens how much percentage I’ll get from my already 70micron screened 100g if I’ll put it through 60micron?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
If I somehow found and use dry sifting screens how much percentage I’ll get from my already 70micron screened 100g if I’ll put it through 60micron?
these screens what are they? metal?

F

foodmoney

i take it out after boiling for a bit and again depending on what i’m putting into the press meaning how much contaminate ratio im dealing with i may want lots of heat or just a bit of heat maybe a as much pressure as i can get or a quick light press, but when i take it out and out on a towel the aluminum body is basically dry from the heat of the aluminum, stays ripping hot for way longer than needed.,
https://youtu.be/HBPpLFhvePA

This is the hash I want and I think I can do 100g of that.

My kief is from pretty good buds so how much do I need to clean it and how to make this ?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
these screens what are they? metal?
https://youtu.be/HBPpLFhvePA

This is the hash I want and I think I can do 100g of that.

My kief is from pretty good buds so how much do I need to clean it and how to make this ?
that is from ice water extraction and it’s frenchy, i’m sure that weed was handle with care and dried and cured for 4 months to a year, your stuff is probably not cured very long and its from a machine trimmer, like i said not ideal..
what i do with that is i wouldn’t bother cleaning it because it’s from machine trim, i just take it and put it into a pollen press and it is what it is.,
machine trimming damages heads making it harder to clean than press.,
probably don’t want to hear that but that’s what i would do to make hash, but i probably wouldn’t even do that i’d make QWISO with it..
your best option to see if it’s worth doing is do a cleaning with it in a 45 bag and see what happens.

F

foodmoney

what i do with that is i wouldn’t bother cleaning it because it’s from machine trim, i just take it and put it into a pollen press and it is what it is.,
machine trimming damages heads making it harder to clean than press.,
probably don’t want to hear that but that’s what i would do to make hash, but i probably wouldn’t even do that i’d make QWISO with it..
your best option to see if it’s worth doing is do a cleaning with it in a 45 bag and see what happens.
When you saying heads what do you mean? The red hairs? Cause when I cleaned it I saw lil of them

F

foodmoney

hairs are part of the contaminate, look i’d save you some time machine trim kief is not ideal for anything other than a pollen press or qwiso..
Ok thank you very much I understand.
One more question why did you put in the press so lil kief and made like 4 bricks instead of making one thick brick? Is thin bricks makes the hash better quality?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ok thank you very much I understand.
One more question why did you put in the press so lil kief and made like 4 bricks instead of making one thick brick? Is thin bricks makes the hash better quality?
oh my press is only a 3x2 inch, yes i could of did a light press than added more on top than press again and so on..

Top Bottom