Dry Trim?

• Thread starter Ray Bone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ray Bone

Ray Bone

Yo fellas. Last year I had a hard time drying my harvest. My basement is cool but very dry and it took only 1 1/2 days to dry. I did a wet trim so I’m thinking of doing a dry trim to help out the drying time. Need some advice tho. I was gonna pull all the fan leaves, do a wet trim but hang the whole plant upside down to hopefully increase the drying time. Do I even bother to wet trim , or do I hang the plant to dry and do a dry trim? Do I even pull he fan leaves?

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

If humidity is an issue, I would just hang the whole plant. I aim for a 10to12 day dry, if isn't close enough when a week in, I clip off the fan leaves. I try to do 68 degrees and 55 rh for my preference.

Ray Bone

Ray Bone

If humidity is an issue, I would just hang the whole plant. I aim for a 10to12 day dry, if isn't close enough when a week in, I clip off the fan leaves. I try to do 68 degrees and 55 rh for my preference.
Thanks for your help. So do I just pull the plant and hang it? Can I pull some fan leaves before I pull it? I’m trying to eliminate trimming all of it dry because I’ve heard it’s very time consuming. What would you do in my case?

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

If your humidity is below 40 percent I would leave the fan leaves on so it takes longer, if it's over that I would take them off. Dry trimming is the way to go to retain the most trichomes and terpenes, I think the extra work is negligible.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yo fellas. Last year I had a hard time drying my harvest. My basement is cool but very dry and it took only 1 1/2 days to dry. I did a wet trim so I’m thinking of doing a dry trim to help out the drying time. Need some advice tho. I was gonna pull all the fan leaves, do a wet trim but hang the whole plant upside down to hopefully increase the drying time. Do I even bother to wet trim , or do I hang the plant to dry and do a dry trim? Do I even pull he fan leaves?
ooh a day n a half.thats rough.i bet the smoke was too.
i suggest you cut the whole plant fan leaves the lot.the more you can slow down that drying process the better your nugs will be.

S

stemznseedz

buy a cheap humidifier and keep the room at 50% and add a little airflow for circulation.

I

Infidel

A day and a half seems to be a short dry time in my opinion. Your nugs must not be dense.

Ray Bone

Ray Bone

Might be a dumb question but...do you have a humidifier? Are you drying ina tent or out in the open?
I’m drying in the basement. Room is about 20’x15’ it’s cool but dry. What size humidifier will I need and how expensive is it? Or is it just better to hang the whole plant upside down and do a dry trim? I’ve heard that way is a pain in the ass

gwheels

gwheels

Dry trim isnt so bad. I always hang the whole plants and trim in 5 to 7 days (in my tent at 50% RH and 70 degrees). They can go a bit longer for less burping.

Then I jar and burp in 1 quart mason jars. I can get 2 to 3 oz in each one.

The whole plant slows down the dry a bit. I take all that crap and make butter out of it anyway.

NHWhites

NHWhites

I’m drying in the basement. Room is about 20’x15’ it’s cool but dry. What size humidifier will I need and how expensive is it? Or is it just better to hang the whole plant upside down and do a dry trim? I’ve heard that way is a pain in the ass
Imo, unless you are filling that entire space with plants, you’re always going to have drying issues. I’d recommend buying a cheap tent and humidifier so you can control a smaller environment. Probably cost you $100 for both...and a small fan to help with light circulation

gwheels

gwheels

Imo, unless you are filling that entire space with plants, you’re always going to have drying issues. I’d recommend buying a cheap tent and humidifier so you can control a smaller environment. Probably cost you $100 for both...and a small fan to help with light circulation

The hay taste can happen if it cures too fast. Flavor develops over a longer dry and a decent cure.

The tent idea is a really good one. For the price i think tents are cheaper than grow boxes or anything. And if smell is an issue you can use a scrubber with a small can.

Top Bottom