Drying And Curing Help!!

• Thread starter JayJr814
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayJr814

JayJr814

I would like some advice or techniques in the drying and curing part of the process, I seem too always mess this up and end up with a great strain that smells like .

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Drying and curing for quality stash is a art. Technically speaking, it will depends on the conditions u have.

To me the best result come with one a half month of drying and curing. At this point the buds are nice to smoke.

I hang the whole plant with 70% of her fan leaves. I barely trim her. She's staying like that for two weeks, if the conditions allow it. 70% rh with noce air flow for the first week then 60, then a few days at 50 after I removed ran leaves.

When the small leaves around the buds feels dry, I trim and jar the buds for the curing to start. At this point the buds in the jar must not exceed 70% rh. The goal is to go down slowly until 63%. Thats the sweet spot for me. If I take a month to go from 70 to 63% rh, I get the smoke quality I'm after.

Now for commercial purposes, there's different techniques. One I used gave me decent result, although is a bit hardcore.

Wet trim everything sharp. Split every branches so they get hang by their own. Give each branche a water bath. Meaning drawning them in the water completly, for one full minute. Hang them so they are dripping off the water, set rh to 50%. The buds will take 5 days max to dry. Jar everything, at this point, it should be ready to go with loosing too much smell.

JayJr814

JayJr814

Drying and curing for quality stash is a art. Technically speaking, it will depends on the conditions u have.

To me the best result come with one a half month of drying and curing. At this point the buds are nice to smoke.

I hang the whole plant with 70% of her fan leaves. I barely trim her. She's staying like that for two weeks, if the conditions allow it. 70% rh with noce air flow for the first week then 60, then a few days at 50 after I removed ran leaves.

When the small leaves around the buds feels dry, I trim and jar the buds for the curing to start. At this point the buds in the jar must not exceed 70% rh. The goal is to go down slowly until 63%. Thats the sweet spot for me. If I take a month to go from 70 to 63% rh, I get the smoke quality I'm after.

Now for commercial purposes, there's different techniques. One I used gave me decent result, although is a bit hardcore.

Wet trim everything sharp. Split every branches so they get hang by their own. Give each branche a water bath. Meaning drawning them in the water completly, for one full minute. Hang them so they are dripping off the water, set rh to 50%. The buds will take 5 days max to dry. Jar everything, at this point, it should be ready to go with loosing too much smell.

I actually used your second method described for my outdoor crop a few yrs back and had a hard time controling the temperature in the area I was hang drying, they ended up drying too quickly at different humidity levels and turned out smelling like dried grass.. It's simple to grow a plant, you get what you put into it but it's not hard to keep alive, my errors have always been in the drying curing process

JayJr814

JayJr814

I do the same as @TheCoolestMan just different rh. But your rh depends on how you like your bud. Also room temp needs to be around 70.

I would perferibly like it too turn out right, smell and taste are big traits in my eyes, and of course the high‼️

F

FooDoo

This is perfect. Thanks a bunch I will definately be referring back to this when the time comes for me to try it out!!

I'm.literally finishing up a trim right now

IMG 20150517 122458652

I trim them right into uline glass jars, 4 inch wide mouth gallon size. They hold about 6 ounces.

Top Bottom