Drying/ curing noobie question??

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well it has been one hell of a trip wrapping up my first grow.

Let me start by adding that I could not have pulled it off without you guys, truly appreciate the level on knowledge on this forum.

I have some questions concerning drying and curing my harvest. I have opted to with a method I read in a book. The plants we trimmed of all fan leaves and sugar leaves and hung upside down to beging drying. Room is kept at 18.88 deg celcius, I have good air exchange via electric fans. Not blowing directly at the plants. I hung them for 8 days.

Then I started triming buds off the stalks and branches. From there they went into brown paper bags for another 4 days in the same room and conditions. I really liked the smell as I was working with them and getting them ready to bag.

Today I went to the airtight glass jars for curing them out. I after about 8 hours checked to see if any moisture is condensing inside the jars and to burp them for air exchange. I notied at this time that the aroma had definetley changed. The odor wasnt the sweet cannabis smell I got when trimming and almost smells of chlorophyll or at least thats what I think it is. No mositure in jar was present.

What am I doing wrong? Sure dont want my bud smelling like that.

How much time you you fellas keep your plants hanging? Then after trimming how long do you keep in the paper bags? I'm told the longer I cure and the slower the better.

Any input is appreciated

T

TreFarmer

IMO.. Paper bag again.. for a night, then burp as usual, just sealed a bit too long for the first burp... smell should come right back as she cures up..
Good luck
TreFarmer

hiboy

hiboy

never put buds in any kind of bags till you can snap the bud off the stem individually,
bending isnt good enough, it should lightly break,, or bend to break. Humidity should be at 50% minimum during drying first week
low ventilation, no air blowing on any plant, no a/c
h

J

JAHGYDI

drying and curing is still the hardest part of all this for me.

hiboy

hiboy

drying and curing is still the hardest part of all this for me.

its actually easy once you get the routine down,
main thing is to check every day, and make sure ur humidity isnt low, or then it will dry out too fast and ur screwed
i used a humidifier for 3 days last time
h

J

JAHGYDI

got my routine down. just takes time the more the better.

J

JAHGYDI

no problem. just said its the hardest part for me. rarley do i ever see properly cured buds anymore. most just dry and sell. for me its just my lazyness cuz im tired from trimming.

hiboy

hiboy

no problem. just said its the hardest part for me. rarley do i ever see properly cured buds anymore. most just dry and sell. for me its just my lazyness cuz im tired from trimming.

i hear ya on the laziness,,, last round i had one guy help me monday thru friday around 7 hrs a day, and i was there the whole time. then i had another buddy for 10 hrs and another for 3. by the time were done trimming the 6 lbs, the first of it was almost ready to bag, so then i had to do another fine trim and remove it from the branches. and also monitoring it every day so it wouldnt dry out. lots of work and so critical. but it all went nice and dumped it all in less than a week. so i lived happily ever after.lol
h

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
thanks

thanks fellas I appreciate the input.

Can one of you tell me exactly the routine you use and the time frames involved??

How long hanging, how long in paper bags and then how long of a cure in glass mason jars.

I do understand there are lots of varibales and condition but lets see what you all do and I can tailor my system to my conditions.

Peace

hiboy

hiboy

thanks fellas I appreciate the input.

Can one of you tell me exactly the routine you use and the time frames involved??

How long hanging, how long in paper bags and then how long of a cure in glass mason jars.

I do understand there are lots of varibales and condition but lets see what you all do and I can tailor my system to my conditions.

Peace

jump,
normally i will cut all stalks at the base, and pull not cut all of the large leaves off and then hang upside down. i normally deal with 25 or more plants so this will take two an hour or two with two people. The plants can hang for a couple of days lights out with low ventilation sucking air out, no fans on circulating room. open a door every day for fresh air. humidity should be at least 50% during this time. then i will cut the plant into sections, and do a pretty tite trim. then rehang until i can snap or bend to break the individual buds off the main stem they are attached to. if they snap easy i will put in turkey bags , if they dont snap easy i brown bag for a day or so half full
hope this helps
h

Top Bottom