DRYING !!! Humidity 80+ shit shit shit help any ideas??

• Thread starter Going4Green
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Going4Green

OK normally dont have a problem with humidity but its raining all day all night blablabla and the humidity in my dry room is 80+ :puke:sad0123: i have put everything into a cardboard box hoping that would help a little. Nothing really so i put some towels in there nope.

Its only a small dry box i whipped up at the last minute, last harvest, did the job so i used it this time.

Any ideas ??

D

Donk Frog

dehumidifier, add some air flow if the humidity if that high, check your dry room for air leaks to the outside (windows, cracks in drywall ect) seal them, add a small space heater to figth the damp...careful with placement.....:fixed:

S

sleepyhead

you need a heater bro a heater is like the same thing as a dehumi just a little less efficent

you need a space heater

G

Going4Green

dehumidifier, add some air flow if the humidity if that high, check your dry room for air leaks to the outside (windows, cracks in drywall ect) seal them, add a small space heater to figth the damp...careful with placement.....:fixed:

you need a heater bro a heater is like the same thing as a dehumi just a little less efficent

you need a space heater

I will try to put it next to my outtake, its gets warm up there, still in the dark dry box. If that does not work i will go buy a small heater.

Thank you

L

Lost

Get advice from the big Island farmers. Their humidity is 80's all days, lol.

bigdrty

bigdrty

I hear U, I am in the Same Boat as u, I just picked up a dehumidifier hopefully that should work, whats your temp at, mines at 64

Drty

G

Going4Green

I hear U, I am in the Same Boat as u, I just picked up a dehumidifier hopefully that should work, whats your temp at, mines at 64

Drty

Temps are 70

saving money for a dehumidifer

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

if yo can go to thrift store buy some fans get them blowin around

some island guys use dry ice to remove moisture

G

Going4Green

bro..... tell us more about your room, and adjacent room...

can you open a door? or fresh air in, i would hang plants, upside don for more even dry, and btter shape... i would probably buy som damp rid until you save enough for dehumidifier...

Put them by my outake air and its nice tems and humidity now. woo hoo

Dry box is just a small empty computer paper box with strings and a lid all light holes taped shut. No fans

Working on my perment dry box after the flower rooms done.

Oh man i just want to go :character0053: or :hunter: :banana1sv6:

S

sleepyhead

i would use something called DRY It it works really well for your problem

ps the 50 gallon rubbermaids are good drying bins

J

jordisgarden

What about the oposite end of it. if the room is too dry like 30 to 40. what happens then? whats worse? too dry or too moist?

convex

convex

Put them by my outake air and its nice tems and humidity now. woo hoo

Dry box is just a small empty computer paper box with strings and a lid all light holes taped shut. No fans

Working on my perment dry box after the flower rooms done.

Oh man i just want to go :character0053: or :hunter: :banana1sv6:

Open some holes in the box or get a bigger box.

Cheers

J

John Smith Esq.

or if your cheap like me place a bowl of rice on the floor... works really well.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Desecant bags work great, throw them in the oven at 200 degrees for a half hour when you're done and reuse them. Store them in ziploc bags.

waayne

waayne

you might try putting some of your crop in another drying box to spread it out some
keep a close eye on it till you get the humidity down

B

bicycle racer

dessicant bags(silicate or microporous clay)+air movement/fans

B

blahman

if you cant afford a dehuey you shouldnt be growing.

I would have to agree, unless i'm drying in the middle of the winter I need a dehumidifier to dry. I'm right on the ocean. I've seen people try without one and low and behold everything starts molding.

Go around to some garage or yard sales, I picked up a older dehumidifier for $10 still works great.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's a load of bullshit to say that if you can't afford a thing you shouldn't be growing. What a crock.
What about the oposite end of it. if the room is too dry like 30 to 40. what happens then? whats worse? too dry or too moist?
In my world they're both just as bad. Dry too fast and you've got hay. Dry too slowly and you've got mold.

That said, it's much easier to slow drying down than it is to speed it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom