DRYING !!! Humidity 80+ shit shit shit help any ideas??

• Thread starter Going4Green
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ugmjfarmer

Space heater and a Dehu for 1-2 days will solve that problem instantly. Actually, possibly too quickly, since hot air holds more water which will wick it out of your buds faster and dry the room out..

I use that method for a fast dry. Usually I'd have to employ a paper bag to slow it down.

G

Going4Green

thanks for all the replys, i lost that harvest to much mold.

Should have another one soon Mid June then drying and curing, will do a better job at that this time!!

Dunge

Dunge

At this point, what would have been the down side to throwing the harvest into the freezer and suspending time until drying weather comes about.
I am reading your current grow log and must compliment you on your methods. Nice records and good looking greens.
How is it that your posts don't have other contributors. Is this an option when you originate the thread?

G

Going4Green

At this point, what would have been the down side to throwing the harvest into the freezer and suspending time until drying weather comes about.
I am reading your current grow log and must compliment you on your methods. Nice records and good looking greens.
How is it that your posts don't have other contributors. Is this an option when you originate the thread?

Appreciate the kinds words means alot.

If any one runs into this problem, dump your harvest spread it out and get some heat (not light) heat on them. I just pulled it from the drying room to early because of all the rain i was having the humidity was in the 80s should have just a dam heater and put it in my drying room, live and learn. I hope someone can save there harvest from this thread i loved that blue dream grow looked so fucking good and tasty and to trash it all hurts my heart to think about her.

Yea my grow thread is getting dust and wind bails blowing through not sure whats going on but dam ghost town, well besides the girls, they always keep me going. Not sure if i clicked on something so no one can post but yea i will look into that, can you not post ?

Dunge

Dunge

I will try to post, but clearly a quality offering like that would have gathered some traffic.
Test OK.
My reply showed up.
I am at a loss. Am I your only fan?

B

Bobby Smith

Perhaps a link to your grow in your sig would generate a little more traffic?

And that's a shame about losing a whole harvest - whereas I don't agree with the "if you can't afford a dehumidifier don't grow" logic, I do think that not drop $150 for a dehumidifier off of Craigslist to salvage $1K+ (I have no idea how large your harvest was, guessing at least a QP) was a pretty big blunder.

Not trying to rub it in or anything, just saying - even if you're dead broke, you can borrow $100 from someone...........shit, I would've loaned it to you and I don't even know you.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
go to walmart and get a few tubs of this shit called rid.....damp
rid is the manufacture damp is the product quick efficient cheap fix it pulls the moister out of the air and what is left is a tub of water

H

hugonaut

like donk frog said a dehumidifier, in my region I have this problem every fall during dog days, humidity starts spiking around 80% another idea is to stear clear of really dense indica buds during that time of year as they are more prone to mold as they dont breathe as well. If you have real large colas break them down a bit. keep air circulating around in room to fight mold. If you are using dehumidifier, do not exchange air as it will bring in more humid air. check frequently for mold as it spreads fast. on my buds I have been able to find it when its small by looking for a brown or yellow leaf among all green could be a mold spot begining. Upon closer inspection I often find the grey mold behind them

vaporedout

vaporedout

i used a product called damp rid, home depot has em, helps with about 5 to 10% humidity, depending on how many you have... also ive used RICE, not a brand just rice..... i put a bunch of white rice on a plate and set it in my drying room so i didnt need fans, and it kept the humidity under 60... good luck

DSC04758
backpackballer

backpackballer

move you bed turn up the heat if you cant hang in the room rip the screens off windows and put them over the heaters. what ever it takes

P

purplerookie

man i had the same problem. My air intake had gotten shut so there was no fresh air coming in. I was drying at 91% humidity, got it down to 43% in 36 hrs. I was doing hydro with rockwool. I removed all the water from the room, ie. resovior, cubes etc. Then I ran the light for about 4 hrs. I got that tip from my guys at the hydro store. I couldnt afford a 200 dollar dehumidifier. Remove any water from the room, get fresh air in there, and run the light. That will dry the water out of the air quickly and on the cheap. I know the room should b dark at all times, but that method will work. why take your chance on the mold if youre not rushing to get a dehumidifier. Good Luck

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Has anyone said this yet? Cardboard. Lowers humidity just as well as these expensive as products you buy at the hardware store. Lots of ventilation and air movement too. Trust me. Unless you buy a good quality dehumid (expensive) those things are garbage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom