Drying in flower room

• Thread starter gumby420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

So i have nowhere i can dry with good enough conditions so im using my flower room for this run. Should i keep my intake and outtake fans on or shut everything off? I chopped early this morning so they have only been hanging for a little while. I turned off my room fans but still have my in and out going. Any recommendations? Thanks

orbad

orbad

I'm going to do the same thing this run with my tent. I plan to try and maintain about 60-65% RH. Maybe run minimal circulation fans not directly at the plants.

Amber

Amber

Keep the fans on for sure the more the air is moving the better but just circulating not right at them.

gumby420

gumby420

ok ill turn my room fan back on thats way above everything so it wont be in direct contact. what do you think about the intake/outtake? on or off? thanks

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I built a dry rack but didnt have enough space for all of my harvest. Kept a couple in my flowering room (which fucked up my cycles but oh well) and left my intake and outake on. I also dry trimmed those as apposed to wet trim my stuff in the racks. The bud in my flowering room dried in 9 days and turned out way better. I mean it smelt delicious and after i jarred it for 24 hours it brought the moisture back in and turned out great. As of now, i added more ventilation in my dry rack and trim dry ;) shit i dont have to cure before i dump now ha!

Bannacis

Bannacis

Deff keep intake/output on, on low... anyway to keep the temps, humidity and air all consistent.
7-9 days is awesome for time drying.

gumby420

gumby420

thanks everyone, temps are 72 and RH is 55 so i think all is well as of now. last time i dried i thought i got some advice saying that i should keep my fans off so thats the only reason i brought it up. thanks again for the responses. ill post photos of the finished nugs in a grow diary. heres a pic from a few days before chop. SFV OG, i think this was at 66 days. Chopped at 73 days.
IMG 4625

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

If you can get your buds up high in your flower room that`s the best spot as heat rises and it`s warmer up there.

Real nice bud.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

I'm still learning about harvesting and all that, from what I read , it says light destroys the THC,would drying in your grow tent with all that light effect the end result? I want to try this ,using grow room to dry since I have no other place to dry, I cant take them in the house. But I was worried because I thought it has to be dried in the dark.
Also, would having negative pressure in the tent speed up the drying process? if so, is that bad,if it dries to quickly?

Bannacis

Bannacis

You want to hang in dark, to stop the photosynthesis. chlorophyll is bad... A slow controlled dry, air needs to be refreshed and circulated. So IN DARK, you don't want to speed up the drying process.
dry it to were a medium size branch kinda snaps, instead of bending. the cut to bud size and put in those plastic grocery bags, do not close plastic bag. place inside a large paper grocery bag, Roll the bag close,but leave some space, DO NOT roll bag all the way down to buds!!!
put in dry, dark place and check periodically. Upon opening put nose in bag and smell, you want sweetness or floral not grassy. then gently feel texture of bud. just to gage its density(optional) before you roll bag up gently shake the buds to kinda stir em up so they will dry/cure evenly.
Each time you open the bag you will notice a difference, sometimes the smell will get stanky then mellow out, maybe go neutral till you finger the bud.
Don't over crowd the buds but, I always get a better cure if you have a good amount of them together.
depend on size of buds, a few days is usually enough, if you hang dried properly.
Then go to glass jars, check daily, burp em. if you think they still have moisture in them, leave jar open an hour or so, then repeat. ALWAYS in the DARK

You will find what works for you, and your ENVIORMENT. that is part of the key... its different for everybody...

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

If you use bags you need to turn the buds over inside every day so they dry even, this allows you to look for mold also.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I like my temp no warmer than 65 , 70 tops but for only short periods of time if i can help it...Direct air is fine as long as its around 60 rh and is not blasting right next to the plant the small clip fan direct air is fine for instance and you know just enough to get the big leaves moving 9 days is barely enough for leaching mostoisture out but you still want internal moisture to slowly seep out while burping in jar IMO opinion anything shorter than three weeks is a speed dry....curing starts when a significant change happens in smoke experience and smell and taste for me the smell for the jar is what developed the most and for most plant potency gets significantly better some plants are potent from the get go even smoking it wet lol anwhhoo since you have a control environment for cure you should take notes on your experience .... You'll end up having a third stage of your grow controlled in the curing stage lol like me! But if you don't have the space there is ways to dry it good enough but what I'm saying is you have an opportunity for an exceptional cure if that tent is controlled and used for the cure only!

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

3 weeks to cure? I know curing is important to the quality of your smoke. But dang man....I just wanna harvest already,lol Feels like Forever and I'm so tempted to just pluck off a nug and dry it. But at the same time, I want the first smoke of my first grow to be Nice and I wanna do it right. So it looks like I got about a month or so maybe before I get to smoke. Ah well, it'll make it all the more sweeter.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I'm still learning about harvesting and all that, from what I read , it says light destroys the THC,would drying in your grow tent with all that light effect the end result? I want to try this ,using grow room to dry since I have no other place to dry, I cant take them in the house. But I was worried because I thought it has to be dried in the dark.
Also, would having negative pressure in the tent speed up the drying process? if so, is that bad,if it dries to quickly?
It is bad to dry up too quickly

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

3 weeks to cure? I know curing is important to the quality of your smoke. But dang man....I just wanna harvest already,lol Feels like Forever and I'm so tempted to just pluck off a nug and dry it. But at the same time, I want the first smoke of my first grow to be Nice and I wanna do it right. So it looks like I got about a month or so maybe before I get to smoke. Ah well, it'll make it all the more sweeter.
I am by no means a master grower but I am a self proclaimed master observer and I excersize my self awareness including self criticism and I treat the plant as if it stays alive for a significant time after chopped being chopped from roots.... There are processes happening in curing that directly affect the oil THC composition.... Why spend one month vegging two months flowering too biuld a platform for performers (THC) and then cut the performance down to a thirty min show(duration of medicinal effect) all I'm saying is take as much time and emphasis with cure as done with the grow and you will measure the difference in your experience! Peace and chicken grease

Bannacis

Bannacis

You shouldn't have to wait 3 weeks to smoke, you can always try some anytime, some peeps will cure their smoke for months, years even. So as said a long cure is always better, Try samples from jar so you'll know how the quality changes. If you're satisfied with bud then ...there ya go!

Cin99...a 3 week cure has nothing to do with when to harvest. If you think they are ready then do it.
:)

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

I been checking my trichomes and I am starting my final flush today. Yay! I been waiting so long for this.
I've had some UK Cheese that was cured for a year, it was Soooooo Good! Thats how I like my meds to be, but I don't have that much weed that I could cure something that long, would be nice t hough.

Top Bottom