Drying in the fridge

• Thread starter Hdinkleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ive been trying to keep my fingers away from the keyboard because i do not want to get to emotional. yes i said it, EMOTIONAL.

im sorry i failed.

this bullshit of drying/curing in a fridge is just that; BULLSHIT.

" i just want to smoke the best buds" ... COMPLETE hog wash.

Its persons like you who screw the industry up by taking something that isnt broken and trying to fix it for your own selfish gains.
its idiots like you who aid and allow big industry to come in and wipe out the mom n pop guy and phuck it up for everyone.

i personally grow more than 1500 plants in various stages at a time....and i look after 1000's of plants.
how the fuck am i going to dry 100 kilos of meds?

Its not rocket science nor is med production reserved for the elite. ANYone can produce great quality meds with nothing more than just basics.
a plant, water,soil, sun and air. thats all it takes.

Experience keeps the cost of production down to the point where the cultivator can keep the operation going, and the patients get the meds.

but then we have people like you..who just want to " smoke the best".... the best looking" the best this the best that, quoting this guy and quoting that guy.

now ask yourself this ....what did it cost you in terms of time and money from start to finish to achieve your "best" ?
my worst batch is 1000 times better that what you will ever produce.

get the fuck out of here with this bullshit.
i would feed you to my dog.
If we are gonna talk Hogwasg and Bullshit here are some good reads.

I guess they deleted that one lmao

London bud

London bud

then you can keep doing what you are doing see ya later
like what the fuck does that even mean?

oh yeah its a dickhead idea to tell you how to get better tasting weed, smoother smoking weed and weed that gets you more fucked up.
yeah must be a real dickhead idea.
you go ahead and do your thing then, let others that are interested post
take your negativeity elsewhere
We store veg in the fridge to basically stop it dying, when you do this with weed it ain't curing it, its keeping it fresh. When the bud cures it's changing chemically from living tissue to dead, curing is how we control that change, keeping it cold n fresh in the fridge isnt gonna help.
I get your thinking behind it, you wanna dry slow but treating it like a cucumber ain't gonna help.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
We store veg in the fridge to basically stop it dying, when you do this with weed it ain't curing it, its keeping it fresh. When the bud cures it's changing chemically from living tissue to dead, curing is how we control that change, keeping it cold n fresh in the fridge isnt gonna help.
I get your thinking behind it, you wanna dry slow but treating it like a cucumber ain't gonna help.
I'm on the fence with this one, but from my personal experience, the slower a bud is dried, the more flavor it seems to retain. I have thought that a fridge would make a decent controlled drying environment providing it has enough ventilation. I have found old basil cuttings and stuff that were very nicely dried by leaving uncovered in a newer fridge. I probably wouldn't use the drawers since they seem to retain more humidity, but this might not be a bad way to dry if it dries without molding or over-drying. I'm going to consider it for a part of my post flowering work... it can't hurt and might work out well depending on how much stuff you have to deal with.

London bud

London bud

I'm on the fence with this one, but from my personal experience, the slower a bud is dried, the more flavor it seems to retain. I have thought that a fridge would make a decent controlled drying environment providing it has enough ventilation. I have found old basil cuttings and stuff that were very nicely dried by leaving uncovered in a newer fridge. I probably wouldn't use the drawers since they seem to retain more humidity, but this might not be a bad way to dry if it dries without molding or over-drying. I'm going to consider it for a part of my post flowering work... it can't hurt and might work out well depending on how much stuff you have to deal with.
I agree a slow dry has always been better in my experience. Just not sure the fridge is the right way to slow it down.
You know tbh my first thought when I saw this thread was "what a dickhead".
@Hdinkleman I apologise for that now, I'm following this thread and its got me interested.
You know I'm not sure it's a good idea but... I've never tried it, maybe you'll prove me wrong. You never really know untill you try.
I'm interested to see the results either way.

Last edited:
Winter323

Winter323

Yeah there are people who are actually trying things like curing to achieve the best vs side by side tests and who are actually moving toward higher quality and better taste and then there are the cooperate world like this douche bag, who has to treat it like a business and has to meet a bottom line, so they claim they are the best and are too busy to do any testing. All you need is soil and water and light to achieve best quality? Cerntaintly if you have discovered secret soil or tea ingridients that actually do produce the best quality but most likely you just are copying the grow bible like everyone else, @detroitjoe of course.

My opinion on curing is i have done side by side and they tasted about the same, but I do want to do some more testing, it would be cool to do slow dry vs fast dry at the start, but I like the time saving of letting them go dry on the vine so mostly going to go with that along with rehydration after trimming. Because who wants to trim for 10 hours when you can roll it around in a bag for 10 minutes for a similar result?

One thing I have often noticed though is that having the fan leaves dry around the buds might produce a dried leaf/ hay like smell so will usually shuck them.

Winter323

Winter323

But anyone "new" person coming on here is getting chased off by the natural order, so dont feel like you are being singled out too much. If they think you are trying to make your weed better than everyone else they will call you elitist, meanwhile they secretly think theirs is the best, IE ethnocentrism so dont take it too personally, just understand its a major reason these forums are the way they are, but that is what divine providence has ordained. Let them smoke their SALTY weed lol...

H

Hdinkleman

my original post stated WE ARE DRYING IN THE FRIDGE NOT CURING
we cure in jars AFTER THE INITIAL DRY IN THE FRIDGE

H

Hdinkleman

But anyone "new" person coming on here is getting chased off by the natural order, so dont feel like you are being singled out too much. If they think you are trying to make your weed better than everyone else they will call you elitist, meanwhile they secretly think theirs is the best, IE ethnocentrism so dont take it too personally, just understand its a major reason these forums are the way they are, but that is what divine providence has ordained. Let them smoke their SALTY weed lol...

yeah exactly, im trying to help others that are in the same situation that i am in. which is small scale producer trying to maximize my harvests potential

Winter323

Winter323

yeah exactly, im trying to help others that are in the same situation that i am in. which is small scale producer trying to maximize my harvests potential
Definitely and I am glad you are doing it to at least bring up a discussion, as my buddy was using a similar method to make his strains turn purple. But alot of people on here have been thinking its best with a fast dry using a dehydrator at 100 or higher and saying that this is better because they think less terpenes are lost vs a slow dry that takes a week. I havent done too much testing one way or the other, as my taste is at the best in the state level either way.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

With very little reading about humidity inside refrigerators I just learned that when the door is opened the humidity in the room is attracted to the fridge and can immedietely raise the rh to 100%. Then the moisture will be attracted to the evaperator coils and during defrost mode every few hours the water will drip into the pan and be evaperated back into the room.

With the door closed there is little to no humidity inside and that is why the crisper drawers are there. To maintain the humidity.

This is not a good drying environment.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You are in no danger of being called an elitist and weed does not become salty.

Winter323

Winter323

You are in no danger of being called an elitist and weed does not become salty.
Says the person who's grow style resembles the $50/oz flooded instate weed to a person who still gets $200/oz in state, who can barely keep his plants alive lol...think it might do you some good to switch to 40+ gallon living soil pots, no?

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have a sealed controlled room that I grow in I can get the temps to that of a freezer if I like so do i risk curing a whole 4 months worth at 40F ish? I'm not so sure but it prob can't hurt since I usually do it in low 60's. I'm not so sure it will make a difference. I'll probably just try a small amount in the fridge still not wanting to risk much on this

Winter323

Winter323

This is not helping.
Anyone who is using bottled salt nutes has no business to speak on quality, you have chosen to go the route of yield, so dont pretend there is a difference from weed that actually has a good taste vs what any douche bag who wants to buy a bag of cocoa and some bottles of nutes and follow a schedule. Sure it might look comparable but you cant trust greedy mfers that use salts, who knows what other kinds of poisons that are sneaking in there lol...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Says the person who's grow style resembles the $50/oz flooded instate weed to a person who still gets $200/oz in state, who can barely keep his plants alive lol...think you it might do you some good to switch to 40+ gallon living soil pots, no?
Not going to get any respect here if you don't give it. Just saying. Welcoming honest critic helps the discussion

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With very little reading about humidity inside refrigerators I just learned that when the door is opened the humidity in the room is attracted to the fridge and can immedietely raise the rh to 100%. Then the moisture will be attracted to the evaperator coils and during defrost mode every few hours the water will drip into the pan and be evaperated back into the room.

With the door closed there is little to no humidity inside and that is why the crisper drawers are there. To maintain the humidity.

This is not a good drying environment.
Is it possible the humidity in the fridge doesn't really matter as it's the humidity in the bags that would be of concern here? Just trying to think why others have had success with this method. This isn't the only place I have seen this and some of the people making claims elsewhere about how well it works I have a lot of respect for. Again I'm a skeptic by nature so I'm not advocating it just intrigued and think it has enough merit to try.

This would make sense to me no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom