Drying in the fridge

• Thread starter Hdinkleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hdinkleman

Is it possible the humidity in the fridge doesn't really matter as it's the humidity in the bags that would be of concern here? Just trying to think why others have had success with this method. This isn't the only place I have seen this and some of the people making claims elsewhere about how well it works I have a lot of respect for. Again I'm a skeptic by nature so I'm not advocating it just intrigued and think it has enough merit to try.

This would make sense to me no?

it doesnt matter you are correct. my fridge has gone from 70% rh to 52% rh today last check

H

Hdinkleman

I have a sealed controlled room that I grow in I can get the temps to that of a freezer if I like so do i risk curing a whole 4 months worth at 40F ish? I'm not so sure but it prob can't hurt since I usually do it in low 60's. I'm not so sure it will make a difference. I'll probably just try a small amount in the fridge still not wanting to risk much on this
ed rosenthal says 34F so 40 is fine

H

Hdinkleman

Says the person who's grow style resembles the $50/oz flooded instate weed to a person who still gets $200/oz in state, who can barely keep his plants alive lol...think it might do you some good to switch to 40+ gallon living soil pots, no?
thank you

H

Hdinkleman

With very little reading about humidity inside refrigerators I just learned that when the door is opened the humidity in the room is attracted to the fridge and can immedietely raise the rh to 100%. Then the moisture will be attracted to the evaperator coils and during defrost mode every few hours the water will drip into the pan and be evaperated back into the room.

With the door closed there is little to no humidity inside and that is why the crisper drawers are there. To maintain the humidity.

This is not a good drying environment.

ok so why does my bud come out better than yours

proof is in my bud quality, i dont need your validation to know EXACTLY what the hell is going on

H

Hdinkleman

Definitely and I am glad you are doing it to at least bring up a discussion, as my buddy was using a similar method to make his strains turn purple. But alot of people on here have been thinking its best with a fast dry using a dehydrator at 100 or higher and saying that this is better because they think less terpenes are lost vs a slow dry that takes a week. I havent done too much testing one way or the other, as my taste is at the best in the state level either way.

drying fast and hot is the worst way to dry lol
its called low and slow

i dont give a shit at this point, google low and slow and youll see the forums where i learned this and have tried it on some smaller popcorn buds.
people are doing it all the time, people have bought cheap refridgerators SPECIFICALLY to dry their weed with.
one of the guys has a industrial size fridge to make MREs that he is going to use.

i have read multiple posts on this site that i have seen outdated info and bro science trumping actual results.

all the haters here can keep on giving themselves pats on the back for doing their shit the same old way and not evolving with the times.
im not even going to start in on the grow lights discussion here lmao

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

drying fast and hot is the worst way to dry lol
its called low and slow

i dont give a shit at this point, google low and slow and youll see the forums where i learned this and have tried it on some smaller popcorn buds.
people are doing it all the time, people have bought cheap refridgerators SPECIFICALLY to dry their weed with.
one of the guys has a industrial size fridge to make MREs that he is going to use.

i have read multiple posts on this site that i have seen outdated info and bro science trumping actual results.

all the haters here can keep on giving themselves pats on the back for doing their shit the same old way and not evolving with the times.
im not even going to start in on the grow lights discussion here lmao

People who call those who disagree with them haters are the ones who need to learn more.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Is it possible the humidity in the fridge doesn't really matter as it's the humidity in the bags that would be of concern here? Just trying to think why others have had success with this method. This isn't the only place I have seen this and some of the people making claims elsewhere about how well it works I have a lot of respect for. Again I'm a skeptic by nature so I'm not advocating it just intrigued and think it has enough merit to try.

This would make sense to me no?

Maybe? I dont keep my seeds in a kitchen fridge either for the same reason. Humidity spikes.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Says the person who's grow style resembles the $50/oz flooded instate weed to a person who still gets $200/oz in state, who can barely keep his plants alive lol...think it might do you some good to switch to 40+ gallon living soil pots, no?

No

My natural soil and nutes i use and the stable environment and the fact i have a small medical grow and take care of each plant independently insures very high quality.

You are nasty and defensive. Says a lot about you and your grow.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Anyone who is using bottled salt nutes has no business to speak on quality, you have chosen to go the route of yield, so dont pretend there is a difference from weed that actually has a good taste vs what any douche bag who wants to buy a bag of cocoa and some bottles of nutes and follow a schedule. Sure it might look comparable but you cant trust greedy mfers that use salts, who knows what other kinds of poisons that are sneaking in there lol...

No I have not pushed for yield ever. I grow a new plant every week or two and harvest about as often one or two plants at a time at most.

I grow to keep the plants as healthy and happy as i can for their best potential.

The yield came with practice. It is double to 3 times what it was 3 years ago with the same style. I use less than half the fertilizer i used to and get twice as much.

And i use pure blend pro. Natural based fert. But honestly i can het the same results with minimal chemical based fertilizer. Just only give what they will need.

And there is no sodium in fertilizer. It is not salt. You are talking about over fertilized, additive pumped weed.

We grow meds here. They have cured mrs. Mmg’s lifelong internal cycts.

Why are you so upset?

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

and this person knows her shit

Yeah they all know their shit. Everybody knows their shit don't they. Thats why I haven't smelled skunk west of Oklahoma in 17 years. Because they all know their shit.

I just smoked some GMO that had no flavor at all. 14-60-65...What did the grower do wrong? 60 degrees not cold enough? My bud is myrcened the fuck out with no AC. As myrcene is a derivative of turpentine, via heat... I guess things get confusing when everyone compares weed to fukkin fruit terpenes these days instead of tree resins..

I swear their are 2 different camps of grower on this site and they are talking about completely different plants. Myrcene would be considered a flaw or an inevitable byproduct in some circles... Other circles grow weed that smells like e-cigarettes and is sold in dispensaries... If you want myrcene grow for turpentine aka sweet sticky living soil... When it turns out turpentine you'll forget about the myrcene you couldn't get from your chemically emaciated hydro.

Last edited:
London bud

London bud

Everyone, let's not fall out, remember were all here with the same purpose, we wanna learn. A bit of healthy debate is fine but let's all be civil.
At times a lot of us have probably come on here and spoke of ideas we believed in and wanted to try and had negative feedback, I have and its not helpful.
@Hdinkleman do your thing, keep us posted. No point arguing, run the experiment and keep us all up to date.
I do hope it works for you.

This guy obviously believes in what he's doing, so unless anybody here has dried in the fridge before and experienced it first hand lets all be supportive.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Everyone, let's not fall out, remember were all here with the same purpose, we wanna learn. A bit of healthy debate is fine but let's all be civil.
At times a lot of us have probably come on here and spoke of ideas we believed in and wanted to try and had negative feedback, I have and its not helpful.
@Hdinkleman do your thing, keep us posted. No point arguing, run the experiment and keep us all up to date.
I do hope it works for you.

This guy obviously believes in what he's doing, so unless anybody here has dried in the fridge before and experienced it first hand lets all be supportive.

Fair enough. For a grow journal. But this is a discussion forum and facts may be brought up.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah they all know their shit. Everybody knows their shit don't they. Thats why I haven't smelled skunk west of Oklahoma in 17 years. Because they all know their shit.

I just smoked some GMO that had no flavor at all. 14-60-65...What did the grower do wrong? 60 degrees not cold enough? My bud is myrcened the fuck out with no AC. As myrcene is a derivative of turpentine, via heat... I guess things get confusing when everyone compares weed to fukkin fruit terpenes these days instead of tree resins..

I swear their are 2 different camps of grower on this site and they are talking about completely different plants. Myrcene would be considered a flaw or an inevitable byproduct in some circles... Other circles grow weed that smells like e-cigarettes and is sold in dispensaries... If you want myrcene grow for turpentine aka sweet sticky living soil... When it turns out turpentine you'll forget about the myrcene you couldn't get from your chemically emaciated hydro.
I can't see how this method can hurt anything even if not necessary. The only benefit I'm looking may be the ease of the process and possibly more thorough break down of chlorophyll. Thoughts...

Don't hold back.... Lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

youre a fucking idiot, this isnt the first post ive seen you be a uppity bitch about shit that has nothing to do with you.

my buds come out perfect, more than you can say and i dry them in the fridge. you dont want to then stfu and gtf off my thread for people who want a better way to dry.

you speciffically have contributed absolutely nothing to this topic of discussion except hatred that we are doing something that you dont.
youre a close minded beligerant fool. go drink some more miller lites and sit on your porch debating.
this theead isnt a debate i am giving people knowledge of an alternate way to dry their pot, if you dont like it move the fuk on
and go harass some other noobs on a different thread you argumentative little bitch
Can we just discuss this shit without making it personal... Opinions and facts and debate are what's going to help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom