Drying Racks vs Hanging

• Drying Racks

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • Hanging

Votes: 72 69.2%

• Total voters
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have bad RA, so hand trimming 16 plants is out of the question. So I use a wet trimmer and put on dry racks when done. Move them around 2x daily and never an issue in 4 yrs of doing it this way. I did hang and trim for the first 2x I harvested and found my hands didn't want to cooperate. Which is better, dunno. My hands prefer the trimmer, my patients never complain with the end result.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I have bad RA, so hand trimming 16 plants is out of the question. So I use a wet trimmer and put on dry racks when done. Move them around 2x daily and never an issue in 4 yrs of doing it this way. I did hang and trim for the first 2x I harvested and found my hands didn't want to cooperate. Which is better, dunno. My hands prefer the trimmer, my patients never complain with the end result.
What type of wet trimmer do you use or recommend?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use a 19" spin pro knock off. I also ONLY use the wire whip blades, not the solid blade. Solid blade fvck the buds up. Wire blades work perfect. Pretrimming fans and points are a must if you don't want to butcher the buds. 14 spins and perfect buds every time.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

FYI, the replacement wire blades are super difficult to find. Took me 2 yrs to locate. And before anyone says ebay/amazon/ect, don't you think I'd already check them only found 1 place that has them I bought them out, 15 sets at 12.00 each.

C

Christos1974

i've just recently bought drying racks, and love them!!

most even dry yet. haven't noticed any flat spots. and fits a ton. its also easy to jar up and/or re dry if necessary.
I have a Cannatrol and a 32"x32"x63 grow tent with a milk crate and 5 dishwashing flatware racks with open sides that stack, a digital hygrometer with 9ft cable sensor, ac infinity 4 inch exhaust fan and a 6 inch fan inside the tent. So far rack drying has been working for me, use whatever method you're best at.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
As with most aspects of growing there are no hard and fast rules on how to dry and cure other than DO IT AS SLOW AS POSSIBLE. And, I personally believe you should dry in the dark. But at the end of the day, it's all about personal preference.

I always place buds in brown paper bags before jarring.

MY routine is: trim, hang branches of hand trimmed, put machine trimmed loose buds in drying rack. Then, when they are ready, I put the buds that were in the hanging rack into brown paper bags since they dry faster than the stuff still on branches. Usually by the time the hanging branches snap the machine trimmed is ready to be jarred and I cut the hand trimmed bud of the branches and place it into the drying racks for a day or two before putting it into brown paper bags and then finally jarring it. I burp all my curing meds 2-3 times a day for about a week or two before smoking.

Works for me.
We starting to get lab results on curing phase

JKash

JKash

Supporter
FYI, the replacement wire blades are super difficult to find. Took me 2 yrs to locate. And before anyone says ebay/amazon/ect, don't you think I'd already check them only found 1 place that has them I bought them out, 15 sets at 12.00 each.
I ditched my wire blades for dry trim to serrated blades for dry trim.... way better

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Serrated dry blade trim... 4 oz I think... I can say I trimmed 2lbs in under 5 mins

Top Bottom