DRYING TEMPS ?

• Thread starter ZONER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrChemovar

MrChemovar

How do you increase the rh in a 10x6 grow room? My rh is typically about 30%

Damnnnn thats supppeeerrrr low, humidifier or a DIY humidifier works.

DIY humidifier have a towel dipped in water and hanging in front of a fan, essentially the fan will blow the towel and humidify the area.

MrChemovar

MrChemovar

I shoot for 60 deg F and 55-60% Rh. Fan moving air around the room and as mentioned dont allow air stream to blow directly on the buds. I agree with @Seamaiden that trying to smoke buds at 60+Rh doesn't work well. So what I do next is once ready for jarring I use a humidity gauge for humidors and when Rh drops to 55% I throw a 54 % boveda pack in for the long cure.

As sea mentioned don't use a heat based vaporizer/humidifier use a cool mist.
Are you putting the humidity gauge in the jar for the cure?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I just bought “herbsnow” dryers. Haven’t run them yet but look promising. I don’t know if you or anyone else here has used them, but I plan on doing a full review once my next run finishes. I see lots of excellent advise and have tried more methods than I can probably remember - but typically fan leaf removal followed by hanging - aim for the average of what just about everyone listed . I’m tired of fuck ups and issues so after reading a bit, and seeing some very successful growers start using them I decided to give it a try. I can’t speak to its effectiveness, but there are a lot of people on insta and other forums that are getting some amazing results. Oh yeah it’s automated and does complete dry in 90 hrs. People speak of amazing results and their web page has some interesting testing results suggesting that their equipment will give you higher thc testing results when drying with their equipment over hang drying. Everyone has a sales pitch, but if it decreases the time and space and gives me at least as good of a product then I’m game. I have three of these sitting on t eh shelf begging to be filled....
70B1F783 D9BF 4999 83BA AF04DDDA2B73

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I just bought “herbsnow” dryers. Haven’t run them yet but look promising. I don’t know if you or anyone else here has used them, but I plan on doing a full review once my next run finishes. I see lots of excellent advise and have tried more methods than I can probably remember - but typically fan leaf removal followed by hanging - aim for the average of what just about everyone listed . I’m tired of fuck ups and issues so after reading a bit, and seeing some very successful growers start using them I decided to give it a try. I can’t speak to its effectiveness, but there are a lot of people on insta and other forums that are getting some amazing results. Oh yeah it’s automated and does complete dry in 90 hrs. People speak of amazing results and their web page has some interesting testing results suggesting that their equipment will give you higher thc testing results when drying with their equipment over hang drying. Everyone has a sales pitch, but if it decreases the time and space and gives me at least as good of a product then I’m game. I have three of these sitting on t eh shelf begging to be filled....
View attachment 886933

I’m not affiliated and have and will receive nothing from the company I just like
To share and often do reviews on new products.

MrChemovar

MrChemovar

View attachment 886933

I was just looking at this, but at $150 i'm gonna pass. Already have a heater, and dehumidifier. Found a humidifier for $15. Id give this a try if it didn't cost $150 but looking forward to your review.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I was just looking at this, but at $150 i'm gonna pass. Already have a heater, and dehumidifier. Found a humidifier for $15. Id give this a try if it didn't cost $150 but looking forward to your review.

I’m all about a solid investment that makes my life easier and my product better. That being said this is more of a gamble, but one I feel good about. My faith in the gamble is based off of others reviews, and I’ll have an in depth one of my own. I’ll try and support it with testing results to see how it meets their claims

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Grow better weed. How's that for a sales pitch. All this talk about humipacks refrigerators,freeze drying water curing. My God this isn't even the same plant anymore, you internet guys sure you're actually growing weed? The plant that smells like skunks armpits vaginas and sewers,yet tastes like candy?

The gadgetification of bad weed is not product improvement. Ditch your growstore garbage and get your girls in some real free soil. Just do it and go have your wake up moment. Sticky weed cures itself. No fucking terpnado, no brovida, no freezybud refrigerator tek, no insane AC bill, no pretending you got dank. Just dank, and when it's the best you ever smoked get ready because it'll be even better tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next.

If your bud turns to dust, loses its smell in 3 days at room temp it was garbage, never had a chance. (Everything people are growing with store-bought inputs, frosty looking bud with no sticky only water content).

roncruiser

roncruiser

This is my first grow. I just harvested. The tent I grew the plant in is now serving as the drying enclosure.

Based on the information I gathered here and out in the wild Web, I'm going to work with what I have.
Tent temp is averaging 70F the last 12 hours of dry time. Relative Humidity is averaging 44% the last 12 hours.
Inside of the tent I had to add a bucket of water with a small fan blowing over the top of the bucket to lift the RH to ~44%.
The bucket fan is not blowing directly on the plants, and the inline exhaust fan is running at it's lowest setting. The fresh air is moving very slowly
through the tent. Which I believe is important.

I think I'm in good range for temp and RH for drying. Will adjust as I go. Hope this helps you a little.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Thank you mines it's at 68 temp rh 45 -48 rh but why does it not smell as much is cuz it just a small amount or the scent comes when u curing
It goes away when drying but it comes back after a week or two of curing.

Top Bottom