DTW liberty haze, masterblend nutrients.

• Thread starter mark360jones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

They look better to me already but I think they need more time.

You have more experience with this setup than me, do you feel the watering is on point and getting a solid soak of the whole media?

And it's the bottom of the leaf for VPD.

Check out this thread

Targets are

VPD IN DIFFERNT STAGES OF GROWTH:

Ideal KPA (kilopascals) ranges for different stages of growth.
Seedling/clone 0.4-0.8
Veg 0.8-1.1
Early flower 1-1.4
Late flower 1.3-1.5

Charts are reference only and get your 30 foot putt 3 feet from the hole. Aqua Man discusses how to do the calculation for your exact situation. If VPD is right, watering and nutes are all that's left to deal with on your situation I think, and since you have been successful in the past with this I think VPD will bring your plants back.

I have stressed the crap out of plants early on before, maybe not like you did here, but generally if you have good roots and correct the issues, they do seem to bounce back, but they might not be as good as if their entire life was perfect.

Last edited:
mark360jones

mark360jones

They look better to me already but I think they need more time.

You have more experience with this setup than me, do you feel the watering is on point and getting a solid soak of the whole media?

And it's the bottom of the leaf for VPD.

Check out this thread

Targets are

VPD IN DIFFERNT STAGES OF GROWTH:

Ideal KPA (kilopascals) ranges for different stages of growth.
Seedling/clone 0.4-0.8
Veg 0.8-1.1
Early flower 1-1.4
Late flower 1.3-1.5

Charts are reference only and get your 30 foot putt 3 feet from the whole. Aqua Man discusses how to do the calculation for your exact situation. If VPD is right, watering and nutes are all that's left to deal with on your situation I think, and since you have been successful in the past with this I think VPD will bring your plants back.

I have stressed the crap out of plants early on before, maybe not like you did here, but generally if you have good roots and correct the issues, they do seem to bounce back, but they might not be as good as if their entire life was perfect.
Do you mean more time before I start thinking about foliar feed?
Correcting the issues do you mean any potential lockout/deficiency that has now happened for the extremely low ph at the start and the low rh?
The whole media gets a good feed x5 daily, Like I said previous the ec going in is 1.4/1.5 and the ec coming out is 1.6/1.7 any higher an I increase the fertigation time to flush any potential salt build up.

I've never had any problems I'm the past that I've put down to humidity (its possible my past grows have never got to there full potential as rh was overlooked). I am now going to have a good read I the above link and dial in this vpd/humidity and see how my future ones go.
If you was dealing with my issue what steps would you take/process of elimination to get them back to full strength.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Do you mean more time before I start thinking about foliar feed?
Correcting the issues do you mean any potential lockout/deficiency that has now happened for the extremely low ph at the start and the low rh?
The whole media gets a good feed x5 daily, Like I said previous the ec going in is 1.4/1.5 and the ec coming out is 1.6/1.7 any higher an I increase the fertigation time to flush any potential salt build up.

I've never had any problems I'm the past that I've put down to humidity (its possible my past grows have never got to there full potential as rh was overlooked). I am now going to have a good read I the above link and dial in this vpd/humidity and see how my future ones go.
If you was dealing with my issue what steps would you take/process of elimination to get them back to full strength.
Yes I mean more recovery time before correction. Over correcting is worse than not correcting IMO.

You may not have had such issues on summer grows. This winter has been really bad here for low RH, I'm assuming from your numbers same there.

So with a changing VPD, you are essentially changing the plants blood pressure to make an analogy. I would want that settled and under control before adding BP meds to the mix. VPD sets the rate of respiration, which sets the rate of water and therefore nutrient uptake. That is why simply changing the RH drastically while all else remains the same can create and or remove nutrient deficiencies and lock up.

If you had the ability to measure how much water is being taken up by the plant before and after you add the humidifier, you would see a drop in water consumption as RH goes up if everything else remains the same.

mark360jones

mark360jones

Yes I mean more recovery time before correction. Over correcting is worse than not correcting IMO.

You may not have had such issues on summer grows. This winter has been really bad here for low RH, I'm assuming from your numbers same there.

So with a changing VPD, you are essentially changing the plants blood pressure to make an analogy. I would want that settled and under control before adding BP meds to the mix. VPD sets the rate of respiration, which sets the rate of water and therefore nutrient uptake. That is why simply changing the RH drastically while all else remains the same can create and or remove nutrient deficiencies and lock up.

If you had the ability to measure how much water is being taken up by the plant before and after you add the humidifier, you would see a drop in water consumption as RH goes up if everything else remains the same.
Massive change in the plants now, they looking a lot healthier. I still cannot believe I've never had humidity problem before now, never really took notice of rh if Im honest. I will be able to see where I'm at with my vpd as soon as the leaf thermometer is delivered and dial it in even more. Rh currently at about 55% and temp 23.5C.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Personally I would shoot for 26C air temp which will equate to about 25C leaf temp and an RH of 70% giving you .95 kPa. You can even increase that temp if things are dialed in and get better growth.

As you flower you will drop the RH raising VPD.

Your equipment may not support this environment now, but it will as RH raises in the lung room. Winter is almost over here, how about you?

Lets see a pic of the current with the lights in the pic. My guess is that the next limit you will bump into is PPFD. I'll talk ya thru it all tho if you want.

mark360jones

mark360jones

Personally I would shoot for 26C air temp which will equate to about 25C leaf temp and an RH of 70% giving you .95 kPa. You can even increase that temp if things are dialed in and get better growth.

As you flower you will drop the RH raising VPD.

Your equipment may not support this environment now, but it will as RH raises in the lung room. Winter is almost over here, how about you?

Lets see a pic of the current with the lights in the pic. My guess is that the next limit you will bump into is PPFD. I'll talk ya thru it all tho if you want.
Yeah winter is ending in a couple of weeks hopefully.
Currently running 4 x mars sp3000 in a 2.6m x 1.2m room,

20220218 234206
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

New growth being right is a win here. These plants will recover. Just not all of the leaves.

What are your plans with training, defoliating, etc. Would you normally take the lower stuff off about now anyhow? Looks like you are planning to SCROG?

I was wrong about PPFD - you are fine.

Mars

Are they running at full power now?

mark360jones

mark360jones

New growth being right is a win here. These plants will recover. Just not all of them.

What are your plans with training, defoliating, etc. Would you normally take the lower stuff off about now anyhow? Looks like you are planning to SCROG?
The back 4 are being scrog (never done this before) and the front 4 will be spread out. When the net is about 60-70% full I will strip everything lower than the net and flip, mabey 3 to 4 week. Still plenty of time for them to recover hopefully.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

The back 4 are being scrog (never done this before) and the front 4 will be spread out. When the net is about 60-70% full I will strip everything lower than the net and flip, mabey 3 to 4 week. Still plenty of time for them to recover hopefully.
I agree. You have time.

SCROG is easy. Getting the scissors out and learning where to cut and being comfortable with it takes time.

This guy does a good job explaining the general process and options for cutting.

Make sure you keep your scissors and tools clean these days. Even the friggin weed has it's own version of flu going around. I guess they are dealing with it in California pretty significantly right now.

mark360jones

mark360jones

New growth being right is a win here. These plants will recover. Just not all of the leaves.

I was wrong about PPFD - you are fine.

View attachment 1218566

Are they running at full power now?
Running at 50% as there sick, usually at 75 for veg then 100 for flower

mark360jones

mark360jones

I agree. You have time.

SCROG is easy. Getting the scissors out and learning where to cut and being comfortable with it takes time.

This guy does a good job explaining the general process and options for cutting.

Make sure you keep your scissors and tools clean these days. Even the friggin weed has it's own version of flu going around. I guess they are dealing with it in California pretty significantly right now.
Going to chill with a brew and watch this mr kushman video.

mark360jones

mark360jones

I agree. You have time.

Absolutely brilliant video that, niceone

mark360jones

mark360jones

I agree. You have time.

So my room has completely changed and the girls have seemed to make a full recovery or very close to. I am going to use some of mr kushmans videos advice soon. I'd like to say thakyou as I was panicking at the start but your advice was spot on.

20220222 182922
20220222 182929
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Beauty, happy to help.

Edit - yeah they can use a haircut now.

Last edited:
mark360jones

mark360jones

They have just had a massive haircut mr kushman style. There looking a little upset at the minute. I've dimmed the lights down to 25% and will let them recover. I can't tell if there is still an issue but the growth taken off look nice the newest growth still looks a little ropey to me. I'm going to back off the nitrogen slightly on the next rez change as I don't think this strain does well with the nitrogen.

20220228 174026
20220228 174720
20220228 174724
mark360jones

mark360jones

Beauty, happy to help.

Edit - yeah they can use a haircut now.
So just a little over 16hrs after a haircut and things seem to have perked up. Would you say I'm still experiencing a deficiency somewhere. I was thinking giving them and Epson salt spray.

20220301 100735
20220301 100756
20220301 100802
20220301 100806
20220301 100810
20220301 100822
20220301 100825
20220301 100837
20220301 100840
mark360jones

mark360jones

Vpd seems bang on, plants are looking excelent at the minute. I gave them a foliar spray of cal mag yesterday and also added some vitalink calmag at half dose to the rez. Time to switch them I think.

Screenshot 20220303 131024 Chrome

Latest posts

Top Bottom