DTW liberty haze, masterblend nutrients.

• Thread starter mark360jones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mark360jones

mark360jones

So 1st I'd like to say I don't know how these girls have survived. I took cutting from a friend and put them into an aeroponic propagator. After 2 week there was still no roots so I just left them and basically forgot about (1st time using an aero propagator) them as I was waiting on another friend for cuttings. I noticed that the pump was still running another 2 weeks later as it was making a noise due to the water level being virtually non existant. The pH meter was reading 3.5 the stems was red/purple by then and the roots was intertwined with each other and the pump. I picked the healthiest looking 8 and trimmed the roots from the spaghetti junction, I dusted the roots with some great white myco and potted them into a coco perlite mix. I started feeding them masterblend sumo silicone mix I've used for early veg in the past and the plants have been growing, im scrog 4 plants and let the other 4. I thought they had fully started reviving and coming round as the red/purple stems seemed to be getting better and the plants was growing. Now I've checked and the stems a still slightly purple but the leaves as light green and the veins a darker shade also some deformed leaf now showing. Anyone got any advice? Ph 6.1 ec 1.4 day temp never goes above 25c and night temp never below 20. Humidifier is running constantly as I'm finding it really had to get above 30 (better Humidifier is on its way) hopefully should get it 45+.

Dtw liberty haze masterblend nutrients
Dtw liberty haze masterblend nutrients 2
Dtw liberty haze masterblend nutrients 3
Dtw liberty haze masterblend nutrients 4
Dtw liberty haze masterblend nutrients 5
Dtw liberty haze masterblend nutrients 6
Dtw liberty haze masterblend nutrients 7
Dtw liberty haze masterblend nutrients 8
Dtw liberty haze masterblend nutrients 9
Dtw liberty haze masterblend nutrients 10
Dtw liberty haze masterblend nutrients 11
Dtw liberty haze masterblend nutrients 12
mark360jones

mark360jones

I'm drain to waste, there on for 30 secs 5 times a day, getting about 8/10 l run off a day. I dont really measure what goes in amount wise, I just make sure the pH is between 5.9 and 6.0 going in and the ec is no more than .3 more coming out than what is going in. Never had this problem before but saying that never brought plants like this back from the brink of death

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Any indication of root damage?

Sounds like you have run this same setup successfully before? What has changed besides the plants?

mark360jones

mark360jones

Any indication of root damage?

Sounds like you have run this same setup successfully before? What has changed besides the plants?
Other than at the start I had to cut them, the growth on the plants was doing well too. Ive been adding great white to the rez and keeping the rez temp 16c. Ive run this set up quite a few times, consistently with good results. As I cut the roots at the start I was spraying the cutting twice a day for the 1st week with formulex

mark360jones

mark360jones

I do have silver bullet to hand but don't like using it till flower as I like the myco to do its job and get a good root system. Just hope I'm not pissing in the wind with this one and regret that I should of scrapped them

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Lets hope the humidity fixes it. Sounds like a good plan to me. I'm thinking of within 24 hours of getting it up plants will settle down.

I'm gonna guess you are growing in a basement in Northern Europe? Cold and dry outside?

mark360jones

mark360jones

No built a room upstairs, centre of my house. Northern Europe yep your correct there and it cold too. Inlet is from the room next door

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

What humidifier? If your lung room is your whole house you will need to go pretty damn big. But it makes the humans feel better too.

I use a series of 5 ultrasonic fogging disks made into a plastic float which is in a pail fed by RO thru a float valve. 10 disks would be enough to condition my whole house. The actual humidifier is under 88EUR the problem is the water source. You pretty much have to use RO when you put that much water thru the system.

This is a cool site to get ideas:

mark360jones

mark360jones

What humidifier? If your lung room is your whole house you will need to go pretty damn big. But it makes the humans feel better too.

I use a series of 5 ultrasonic fogging disks made into a plastic float which is in a pail fed by RO thru a float valve. 10 disks would be enough to condition my whole house. The actual humidifier is under 88EUR the problem is the water source. You pretty much have to use RO when you put that much water thru the system.

This is a cool site to get ideas:

The lung room is a bedroom. The new humidifier is made by G.A.S sonikair humidifier the old one is going in the bin. I have my ecotechnics fan controller set min 25 and max 70 for the in and out fan, heater is set to come on at 20degrees to keep the night temps under controll I have an inkbird humidity controller inside the room so hoping to keep the humidifier in there with it. Scratching my head with this one, fingers crossed its the rh that's the problem.

mark360jones

mark360jones

Lets hope the humidity fixes it. Sounds like a good plan to me. I'm thinking of within 24 hours of getting it up plants will settle down.

I'm gonna guess you are growing in a basement in Northern Europe? Cold and dry outside?
So after 30 mins the rh has gone up considerably and is still rising, I've got it set to shut off at 60 with a 5 differential up/down high alarm is set to 75 and low alarm is set at 45

20220217 114605
20220217 121401
Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Noice. Lets see those plants again after they have time to breathe.

Once you get VPD under control you may have to make some minor adjustments but I'm hoping this gets you where you need to be.

mark360jones

mark360jones

Noice. Lets see those plants again after they have time to breathe.

Once you get VPD under control you may have to make some minor adjustments but I'm hoping this gets you where you need to be.
How you measuring leaf temp. I can't really get an accurate VPD as I've not got the leaf temp measurement.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I use an ir temp gun. I don’t have a European link but the are used for lots of things like cooking. Point and soot at leaf read temp.

mark360jones

mark360jones

So they do seem slightly better not much but it's only been 2hrs. Do you think a mild nutrient foliar could help bring them back if there's not change tomorrow's

20220217 130321
20220217 130409
20220217 130338
20220217 130515
20220217 130554
Top Bottom