Dual Arc And HPS Positioning

• Thread starter Bobby Smith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bobby Smith

You got it right on the eye protection. I have dark shades and a hat, and that is only good for looking away from the bulb. I definitely have to pick up some like those sweet ones you got there.:rauch08:

On the spectrum and lumen thing, I think that you have got to try it with putting the 2 dual arc's in the middle.

I would be curious on a re-read with the meter with that configuration.

-TF

from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Hobart-770096...04SK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291210917&sr=8-1

As far as the lights, gonna take some measurements at 24" with the current configuration, as I think that's a more conservative estimate of the where the canopy will likely be (probably right in-between at 21", but we're being conservative).

Then I'm gonna measure at 18" and 24" with the two dual arcs in the middle, and then I'll probably put in all four HPS and measure at 18" and 24".

Need to find an array that gives me at least 3000 footcandles at 24" for each level, and once I get to that number I can start worrying about my spectrum and consider the dual arcs.

BTW, I think for my third run in this system (first two getting it dialed as good as I can) I'm gonna try to run 4 1Ks on a flip flop in that cooltube, so that should be kinda interesting.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
BS,
'just a general comment regarding light levels and spectrum. don't underestimate the importance of spectrum. as an example, take a look at the process Jack has gone through in the past eight months. he began with all HPS, then tested some dual arcs, and is now switching to dual arcs exclusively. he has determined, by testing, that the additional 40-50% intensity is outweighed by the better spectrum.

that being said . . . what might provide the best solution is to have both higher light levels WITH the better spectrum. for that we will need higher wattage lamps and/or more of them!

Papa

Top Bottom