Dudded, Stunted, and Runted plants...

• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

you couldn't tell they were duds from the room shots i posted. 70% were classic duds, light green small leaves on tops + lack of ANY frost or smell. snapping branches the whole 9. i shoulda taken more up close photos.

i'm sure it was a combination of things. there was root rot in that room forsure which certainly contributed... i mean 3 trays wilted overnight.

my guess:
the nematodes probably caused the duds, then started wrecking havoc on the root systems + pythium (and maybe other pathogens) infiltrated the plants and caused the rapid wilting and dying off of plants.

@EveryOneSmokes if you get another obvious dud in veg hmu and i'll let ya borrow my microscope.
Right on man, I have a ghost og that dud'd on me coming down from flower and I have a cut of the white that's just never snapped out of its funky, I wouldn't mind taking a look.. I'll pm u once I have the trunk ready..

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Just scoped a bunch of plants and I didn't find bugs or nematodes. I did find these clear "blisters", but I'm not sure if that's just part of the plant or what. Maybe someone more experienced can tell me what I'm looking at here. If I found bugs then I would assume they were eggs but I spent 2 hours with stems and leaves from several mothers under the microscope and I saw zero bugs or excrement.

Photo on 8 5 14 at 641 PM
Photo on 8 5 14 at 642 PM
Photo on 8 5 14 at 646 PM
Photo on 8 5 14 at 648 PM
Photo on 8 5 14 at 650 PM

whatthe215

whatthe215

it was a really dudded plant? i haven't been able to find them in a (seemingly) healthy plant or any plants that have signs of dudding, just full blown horrible day 30 duds.

i'm gonna chop a meh mother today and search for em, i'm guessing they have a hiding spot where they like to gather.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
it was a really dudded plant? i haven't been able to find them in a (seemingly) healthy plant or any plants that have signs of dudding, just full blown horrible day 30 duds.

i'm gonna chop a meh mother today and search for em, i'm guessing they have a hiding spot where they like to gather.

Where on the plant did you find them? I checked all of my severely effected mothers (5 of them) and couldn't locate any nematodes. I checked the cambium layer on all of them everywhere from the base to the tops. I did see some discoloration here and there (orange/brown spots/streaks) but thought it may have just been some residue from the old scalpel I used to take the samples.

Ladyv

Ladyv

I've been following this post, just haven't had anything to add to it.

But now, something weird, I just finished my first run in over a year without Duds. No explanation, nothing done differently this run. Same nutes, same media, same mother plants, same cloning method. The last several runs I've had 10-20% duds. I'm thankful, but really don't get it.

whatthe215

whatthe215

Where on the plant did you find them? I checked all of my severely effected mothers (5 of them) and couldn't locate any nematodes. I checked the cambium layer on all of them everywhere from the base to the tops. I did see some discoloration here and there (orange/brown spots/streaks) but thought it may have just been some residue from the old scalpel I used to take the samples.

i found them at the base of the stalk. the first 2 inches of stem near the coco on a heavily dudded plant at day 32 in coco beds.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
i found them at the base of the stalk. the first 2 inches of stem near the coco on a heavily dudded plant at day 32 in coco beds.

Ok thanks. I'll keep checking over the next couple months and see if I can find anything. What a nightmare...

B

Bangarang

So aside from biowar teas what else is good to prevent/treat for fusarium. Sm-90? Roots Excel? Great white?
I went through a couple of duds yesterday and took a razor down the stalk and sure thing they had a some brown streaks up the middle. Skid marks.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
N

nightmarecreature

"Bacillus firmus, commercial WP formulation (BioNem) was evaluated against the root-knot nematode Meloidogyne incognita in a laboratory, greenhouse and under field conditions on tomato plants. In the laboratory tests, an aqueous suspension of BioNem at 0.5%, 1%, 1.5% and 2% concentration reduced egg hatching from 98% to 100%, 24-days after treatment."

N

nightmarecreature

Just to make things clear, Bacillus Firmus does not kill the nematodes, it stops the eggs from hatching. The nematodes will complete their life cycle and die off naturally. Just dont reinfect yourself.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Awesome. Damn cap, another reason to grab some bio war

clips

clips

MeloCon WG Biological Nematicide

MeloCon WG is a biological nematicide that contains a naturally occurring fungus, Paecilomyces lilacinus, that is a highly effective parasite of all stages of development of common plant-infecting nematodes, especially the eggs and infectious juveniles.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/content/download/10991/142237/nem203.pdf
note is a health issue to humans with use of this make sure to read this pdf if use of melocon wg is used !!!!

for soil

Last edited:
Top Bottom