Duds; Is It A Virus?

• Thread starter Ricksauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

Read the first 15-25 pages ( very interesting and informative with some smart people involved then)

Some of the people then suggested rootsheild ( I bought rootsheild wp) , I looked into it and and bought some and it’s my first round ( it protects your roots for 10-12 weeks) and you reapply every 12 weeks, I would suggest doing it every 8-10 weeks to guarantee it. Thing is you have to use this product as preventive protection cause once you get the virus it’s like aids/hiv for humans, your fucked Inless you use systematic and prolly stuff you can’t use lol

( I even made a thread for subdue maxx on THCF since that was discussed but the results of the thread is subdue maxx is Inless you want to play Wild West and cat 5 danger to protect , don’t even use it cause it’s not accepted on any state for cannabis )

Here’s some info on root shield :

• Grows on roots, "shielding" them against root-damaging fungi
  • Controls up to 12 weeks
  • Two active ingredients (Trichoderma harzianum strain T-22, and Trichoderma virens strain G-41)
  • Preventative control of major root diseases including soilborne Phytophthora sp.
  • Also controls diseases caused by Rhizoctonia, Pythium, Fusarium, Thielaviopsis, and Cylindrocladium
  • Improved suppression of the aggressive hot-season Pythium
  • 0-hour REI*, 0-day PHI

Last edited by a moderator:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
“ Thing is you have to use this product as preventive protection cause once you get the virus it’s like aids/hiv for humans, your fucked Inless you use systematic and prolly stuff you can’t use lol”
Well for info with “very smart people involved” you are incorrect. You can take my advice with a grain of salt but I know first hand how to take care of it. It’s nothing like aids/hiv for humans. You just have to know what your doing.
Phyton35 is acceptable for edible crops if the virus is up in the stems of the plant. Physan20 easily eliminates it if in the medium. Most of the time it comes from bad husbandry issues and older strains. They just don’t have the immune system they once had due to grower neglegience. But I’ve brought many strains back from dudding issues.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Physan20 at 3ml per gallon will clear it up.

How often? As a single application, or do I put it in my rez like that?

Phyton35 is acceptable for edible crops if the virus is up in the stems of the plant. Physan20 easily eliminates it if in the medium.

Which of the two products is best? I assume if it's in the medium it's in the plant.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
How often? As a single application, or do I put it in my rez like that?

Which of the two products is best? I assume if it's in the medium it's in the plant.
I usuallydo it for 3-4 days then get them back on hydrogaurd or power roots.
Mix your nutes then add the physan20 at the end. I’ve used it halfway through flower with no problems.
Phyton35 is systemic so I would only use on mother plants and clones.
They are both relatively cheap so keep them both on hand.
What makes you think your plants are being attached by disease? Pics?

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

What makes you think your plants are being attached by disease? Pics?

I occassionally get the 'dud' symptoms on weaker plants. I noticed that the most affected plants always have a weird white crust at the base of the meristem that I used to assumed was built up calcium from my water until I started using amino acids (which don't allow calcium to build up like that). Affected plants also *always* have a weak root system. The problem goes away when I use chitosan at key points in flower.

All of those hints lead me to believe that I am dealing with some kind of root pathogen.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I occassionally get the 'dud' symptoms on weaker plants. I noticed that the most affected plants always have a weird white crust at the base of the meristem that I used to assumed was built up calcium from my water until I started using amino acids (which don't allow calcium to build up like that). Affected plants also *always* have a weak root system. The problem goes away when I use chitosan at key points in flower.

All of those hints lead me to believe that I am dealing with some kind of root pathogen.
Yes most definitely. Use the physan20 for 3-4 days and you should see them kick out of it. The white crusty stuff will usually turn brown.
What strains is this happening on and are you having trouble getting them to root?

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Yes most definitely. Use the physan20 for 3-4 days and you should see them kick out of it. The white crusty stuff will usually turn brown.
What strains is this happening on and are you having trouble getting them to root?

Yes, every affected strain is very difficult to root. The white crust at the base of the meristem sometimes develops while they're still in the cloner, and the plants this happens to take forever to throw roots and never do well.

The most affected cultivars I have are all old and related to OG / Chem - Triangle Kush and Original Diesel are by far the worst. I've seen it on almost everything, though particularly vigorous cultivars like Blue Dream don't seem too affected by it.

It's interesting that you're familiar with the white crust on the meristem - I've searched EVERYWHERE for more info on this and haven't been able to find anyone else talking about it.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Yes, every affected strain is very difficult to root. The white crust at the base of the meristem sometimes develops while they're still in the cloner, and the plants this happens to take forever to throw roots and never do well.

The most affected cultivars I have are all old and related to OG / Chem - Triangle Kush and Original Diesel are by far the worst. I've seen it on almost everything, though particularly vigorous cultivars like Blue Dream don't seem too affected by it.

It's interesting that you're familiar with the white crust on the meristem - I've searched EVERYWHERE for more info on this and haven't been able to find anyone else talking about it.
Ya you are definitely in the same boat as me. Are you in Colorado? Only a few people out there with original diesel but it’s one I have too.
It’s a combination of pathogens we’re dealing with. From my experience the white stuff at the crown of the plant prevents anchoring roots from growing out. Without the anchor roots any movement injure’s the plant and the pathogens take over and it’s a uphill battle from there. The medium also develope’s a foul smell.
Your definately going to need the phyton35. Use it as a foilar on your mother plants and in the medium. It takes time to work throughout the plant.
Try to get them as healthy as you can before taking cuts. Then when you take your cuts throw them in a bucket with phyton35 @ 5ml per gallon. Soak them for just a couple of minutes. I soak my plugs with 5ml, if your using a machine I would use the physan20 @3 ml per 5 gallons in the res. It only last 3 days though so you will have to reintroduce before the 3rd day.
Also when you cut your clones under water do it in water with the phyton35 in it.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Ya you are definitely in the same boat as me. Are you in Colorado? Only a few people out there with original diesel but it’s one I have too.
It’s a combination of pathogens we’re dealing with. From my experience the white stuff at the crown of the plant prevents anchoring roots from growing out. Without the anchor roots any movement injure’s the plant and the pathogens take over and it’s a uphill battle from there. The medium also develope’s a foul smell.
Your definately going to need the phyton35. Use it as a foilar on your mother plants and in the medium. It takes time to work throughout the plant.
Try to get them as healthy as you can before taking cuts. Then when you take your cuts throw them in a bucket with phyton35 @ 5ml per gallon. Soak them for just a couple of minutes. I soak my plugs with 5ml, if your using a machine I would use the physan20 @3 ml per 5 gallons in the res. It only last 3 days though so you will have to reintroduce before the 3rd day.
Also when you cut your clones under water do it in water with the phyton35 in it.

Great advice, thanks! When I'm adding physan to my main rez for the 3-4 day treatment do I use the same 3ml per 5 gal rate that you're using in the cloner?

N

NorCalGroEr

I’ve had the “dud” virus show up on certain branches like the top will be effected and their will be a branch or two that’s frosted out and unaffected while the majority of the plant is that trichless bunk anyone else seen this? Below pics are from seed and I never had any effected clones so My plants contracted this virus kinda crazy..

9A6F0D51 4E0E 41DD 9BC5 0AF6DE0D8E62
D8E19B30 F73F 4E8B ADDC 4BBAD2A68A51
Last edited:
N

NorCalGroEr

I’ve had the “dud” virus show up on certain branches like the top will be effected and their will be a branch or two that’s frosted out and unaffected while the majority of the plant is that trichless bunk anyone else seen this?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I don’t think those are duds bro they still have thc on them. Just look like weaker branches to me. Dudded but’s will have a gross smell to them.

N

NorCalGroEr

I don’t think those are duds bro they still have thc on them. Just look like weaker branches to me. Dudded but’s will have a gross smell to them.
[/

It was only one branch on the plant was smokable and some were closer to the light even idk this guy has really puzzled me

33037C80 81F4 4138 9A1F 2048934AD76D
123BB50B 33A8 4519 A6ED 45159760DC74
N

Northwave

Just used physan20 for 3 days at 2ml per 10 gallon for 3 days. So far no issues so far. I was wondering if its possible to use Physan20 again at a higher dose to see if it will knock these duds back into sense.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Well whatever, looks like some bad shit, and I have zero evidence to back this up, but what if some unscrupulous person put some of that shit in an extractor that could possibly be the cause of all those vapeing pnemona cases? If this shit is infecting both cannabis and tobbaco it makes sence, the people who got sick reported both vapeing tobbaco and thc, a virus can be spread from plant to human think e coli on your salad, so it does make me wonder, but this is just an off the wall theory with zero evidence to back this up, God gifted man cannabis, once man got his hands on it look, d line oil, vape cartridges shatter, dabs wax butter ect, me I only smoke flower how God intended.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Just used physan20 for 3 days at 2ml per 10 gallon for 3 days. So far no issues so far. I was wondering if its possible to use Physan20 again at a higher dose to see if it will knock these duds back into sense.
Why would it knock anything back into sense? Physan20 kills pathogens that attack your roots, that’s it.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Well whatever, looks like some bad shit, and I have zero evidence to back this up, but what if some unscrupulous person put some of that shit in an extractor that could possibly be the cause of all those vapeing pnemona cases? If this shit is infecting both cannabis and tobbaco it makes sence, the people who got sick reported both vapeing tobbaco and thc, a virus can be spread from plant to human think e coli on your salad, so it does make me wonder, but this is just an off the wall theory with zero evidence to back this up, God gifted man cannabis, once man got his hands on it look, d line oil, vape cartridges shatter, dabs wax butter ect, me I only smoke flower how God intended.
What are you talking about? Ecoli is not a virus dude Jesus Christ! Your god didn’t intend anythingand that is a really stupid thing to say.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Ok genius your right e coli is a bacteria my bad, maybe since your so inteligent tell us your theory of why so many people in multiple states are coming down with lung failure after vapeing. If you want to vape or smoke d line oil thats fine, not my lungs.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Ok genius your right e coli is a bacteria my bad, maybe since your so inteligent tell us your theory of why so many people in multiple states are coming down with lung failure after vapeing. If you want to vape or smoke d line oil thats fine, not my lungs.
So many people? Can you tell me how many people? Most people are probally vaping dirty extracts and dilutants or moldy ass product saved to make a sale so they concentrate it.

N

Northwave

Why would it knock anything back into sense? Physan20 kills pathogens that attack your roots, that’s it.

Yes so if the physan kills the pathogens which causes the duds it will knock it back to life and be dudless is what im trying to get at

Top Bottom