Durban Poison: First time grow Journal

• Thread starter Holographic_spew
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

26/05/20
One plant is showing definite signs of being a male so I removed it straight away and cut it 😭 I'm sure he will make some Lovley butter.
I think said plant changed sex due to stress during the end of vegeative stage ( I accidentally broke a branch).

Only 2 plants remain

IMG 20200526 090113
IMG 20200526 090115
Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

31/05/20
Girls are making the most of thier stretching period, has definitely kept me on my toes with training.
Wardrobe was definitely a good idea as I've been able to keep the light at least 2 feet away from my buds.
Have also been gradually defoliating branches to increase light penetration.

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

10/06/20
I think the buds are developing well. I've decreased the temp and humidity, temp is now 24-26 and humidity is 45% 50% at the most.
I've also added stakes to branches that need support.

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

20/06/20
I have decided to switch my lights on at night to try and keep a consistent temperature and humidity. I've got the AC going on 23 which gives me a "daytime" temp of 25 and a "night" of 20 with humidity sitting at 40% - 45%.

Some pistils have also started turning amber, I'm hoping me dropping the temp and humidity more helps this, they are still developing new ones tho so I'm not to alarmed.

IMG 20200622 162847 01
IMG 20200622 162716 01
Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

23/06/20
Buds are also producing trichomes !!! Yay
I'm currently researching the crap out of drying and curing so any tips or tricks that have worked for you guys, I'm happy to take on board.

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

how did she smell since this plant has the highest terps ever apparently?
Before I dropped the temp the aroma was alot more intense, I'd sorta describe it like a passionfruit flavoured bud it definitely hit the nose hard. Oh yeah I do believe that, if I had steadier hands I'd be gracing you's with alot more micro pics

bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

Before I dropped the temp the aroma was alot more intense, I'd sorta describe it like a passionfruit flavoured bud it definitely hit the nose hard. Oh yeah I do believe that, if I had steadier hands I'd be gracing you's with alot more micro pics
Dammn yeah this one is on my list of next to growss!!!!

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

These are some horrible pics but I'll work on getting something to stabilise my phone hahah
Tonight's Trichomes

IMG 20200623 223843 01
IMG 20200623 223752 01
IMG 20200623 223605 Burst01 01
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I have a question. What week flower are you currently in?

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

I have a question. What week flower are you currently in?
Currently in the middle of week 6, honestly they are confusing me a tad, I probably know nothing but they seem way to ripe to be in week 6. But I wrote down the day I switched the plants and it was definitely 15/05/20

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Currently in the middle of week 6, honestly they are confusing me a tad, I probably know nothing but they seem way to ripe to be in week 6. But I wrote down the day I switched the plants and it was definitely 15/05/20
Ya for week 6 they should be well developed, on the down hill, and steadily bulking. I’d like to know what kind of medium their in, nutrients and ppm you’re feeding, pH in and out, and light? We have to get to the bottom of this. Here’s my plants 45 days into flower. See the difference?

AF206CE5 A273 42C3 B332 876F251A6DC7
41292F18 215C 49FD 8718 4D03725B6F94
Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

Ya for week 6 they should be well developed, on the down hill, and steadily bulking. I’d like to know what kind of medium their in, nutrients and ppm you’re feeding, pH in and out, and light? We have to get to the bottom of this. Here’s my plants 45 days into flower. See the difference?
Medium: soil, coco, perlite
Soil pH: 6.7
Water pH: 6.0, with nutrients 7.2
I don't have a way to test PPM but I've been giving them Powerfeed as I stated previously, it's a seaweed based concentrate with a high nitrogen level for veg and in flower I switched to the flower series of the same brand and have also been giving them some liquid pot ash.
The pH after watering is 6.3 and then after feeding it's 7.0
I'm using a Mars Hydro LED 250w.
It could be the seeds, they aren't from a seed bank or anything

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Medium: soil, coco, perlite
Soil pH: 6.7
Water pH: 6.0, with nutrients 7.2
I don't have a way to test PPM but I've been giving them Powerfeed as I stated previously, it's a seaweed based concentrate with a high nitrogen level for veg and in flower I switched to the flower series of the same brand and have also been giving them some liquid pot ash.
The pH after watering is 6.3 and then after feeding it's 7.0
I'm using a Mars Hydro LED 250w.
It could be the seeds, they aren't from a seed bank or anything
Hmm. Don’t think it’s the seeds. Are you feeding the plants the 7.2pH nutrient solution or are you pHing down to 6.5? I have a feeling that you are locked out because of the pH issues which is halting flower production. I have no experience with those nutrients but I’d try to lower that pH before watering. Plants uptake nutrients depending on the pH of the solution going in. Here’s a picture to help understand a bit. In the mean time, try lowering the pH going into your medium. See if that helps a bit. Also, invest in a tds/ec meter so that you know exactly what you’re putting into your plants medium and by reading the runoff ppm you can gage how much nutrients your plants are up taking. Then you can adjust your feedings accordingly.

CC99A192 7BC1 4827 839F BB134E1BA4E6
Top Bottom