Durban Poison: First time grow Journal

• Thread starter Holographic_spew
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

Ya for week 6 they should be well developed, on the down hill, and steadily bulking. I’d like to know what kind of medium their in, nutrients and ppm you’re feeding, pH in and out, and light? We have to get to the bottom of this. Here’s my plants 45 days into flower. See the difference?
I've also read that Durban poison tends to be slow in the flowering phase, I watched this guy grow his medically and he let it flower for 11 weeks, every plants different though

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I've also read that Durban poison tends to be slow in the flowering phase, I watched this guy grow his medically and he let it flower for 11 weeks, every plants different though
All sativas are usually a bit slower. But by week 6 should be a bit more developed than yours. Just trying to pass some of my knowledge and insight. Happy grows.

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

Hmm. Don’t think it’s the seeds. Are you feeding the plants the 7.2pH nutrient solution or are you pHing down to 6.5? I have a feeling that you are locked out because of the pH issues which is halting flower production. I have no experience with those nutrients but I’d try to lower that pH before watering. Plants uptake nutrients depending on the pH of the solution going in. Here’s a picture to help understand a bit. In the mean time, try lowering the pH going into your medium. See if that helps a bit. Also, invest in a tds/ec meter so that you know exactly what you’re putting into your plants medium and by reading the runoff ppm you can gage how much nutrients your plants are up taking. Then you can adjust your feedings accordingly.
Haha thanks for the advice I'll probably focus more on that in my next grow but I honestly don't see a point in testing ppm right now when I'm 2 weeks away from flushing anyway.
I do know about ppm I've just chosen not to do it this first grow.
Also 7.2 isn't going in anymore that was for veg, water is sitting at 6.3 as I'm only using potash and 5ml of powerfeed, I'm guessing since it's a seaweed concentrate it would raise the pH a significant amount

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

All sativas are usually a bit slower. But by week 6 should be a bit more developed than yours. Just trying to pass some of my knowledge and insight. Happy grows.
I'll give you some updated pics also just for a better look

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I would upgrade my lighting maybe? I kinda scrolled through quickly but I just seen Mars 250 watt light? Theres plenty of info and people to help build some bad ass lighting to save some $$$ here.

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

I would upgrade my lighting maybe? I kinda scrolled through quickly but I just seen Mars 250 watt light? Theres plenty of info and people to help build some bad ass lighting to save some $$$ here.
I mean I had to fork out $500 for it, but I will look into some better options. I'm only foreign in a wardrobe so I really don't need any fancy light build just yet I don't think hahah

Screenshot 20200624 022642
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Haha thanks for the advice I'll probably focus more on that in my next grow but I honestly don't see a point in testing ppm right now when I'm 2 weeks away from flushing anyway.
I do know about ppm I've just chosen not to do it this first grow.
Also 7.2 isn't going in anymore that was for veg, water is sitting at 6.3 as I'm only using potash and 5ml of powerfeed, I'm guessing since it's a seaweed concentrate it would raise the pH a significant amount
Flushing in 2 weeks. Got it. Good luck and happy grows.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I ain't trying to be disrespectful but those colas have a lot of growing still. I know you said that you don't care about it because its your 1sts grow but what better way to learn than listening to your plant? You might have the phenotype that takes 12 weeks or more to finish. I am envious of your plant. I really wanted to grow DP and couldn't find seeds every one was sold out. Now I have too many irons in the fire. Lol It'll have to wait a year probably. Is it still stretching towards the light? I missed it if you mentioned the stretch.

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

I ain't trying to be disrespectful but those colas have a lot of growing still. I know you said that you don't care about it because its your 1sts grow but what better way to learn than listening to your plant? You might have the phenotype that takes 12 weeks or more to finish. I am envious of your plant. I really wanted to grow DP and couldn't find seeds every one was sold out. Now I have too many irons in the fire. Lol It'll have to wait a year probably. Is it still stretching towards the light? I missed it if you mentioned the stretch.
Hey sorry for the late reply, I was asleep. I'm a little iffy on if I am going to flush on 2 weeks or not. I would like to let them go as late as possible, just as every other person with experience on this strain tends to give them ALOT of time in the flower stage.
Yeah they are still getting taller, not as significantly as when they had thier first stretch but they are still growing Hight

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

Haha yeah they have come a long way. I pictured one of their early creations in my head. Then its either genetics or nutrition imo
I was going to opt for a cheaper option, but I just bit the bullet and was like let's just do this, at most I think I'm only ever going to grown 3 plants just cos of my space ATM, but I definitely want to invest in better nutrients but I'm in Australia, do you know any decent brands in my area ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If your flushing wait to see most of the pistils start dying back. This usually indicates that the plant is getting close to finished.

Holographic_spew

Holographic_spew

My OCD has kicked in and I really don't wanna leave you guys hanging. I hope everyone has been well during these times of struggle.

Off memory I think I let the plants go for another 3 weeks. I did run into some trouble drying and curing purely because of laziness and being impatient.
I dried the plants in branches hanging them upside down but I didn't have the aircon on the whole time while drying them and since I live in Aus they dried alot quicker than I anticipated. Yield for each plant was about 500g. If I've missed anything out I'll add it as I remember, I'm also trying to start up another grow, but this time I've gathered a lil more equipment to make the journey easier haha 🤘🏽💚

Top Bottom