Dutch Master Zone and Saturator for powdery mildew

• Thread starter mango420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mango420

mango420

Hoping someone can help me out here, as Ive been blessed with this powdery mildew shit. So im about to start week 4 flower, tried a sulphur burner but didnt do much at all, probably cause my room is about 600 sq ft with 10 foot ceilings..i tried burns for 8 hours with all fans off and humidity went up to 90% and i swear i would see fresh pm after the burn. So now ive started spraying with the Gold range Zone and Gold range Saturator as ive heard this works great. One problem im seeing is even after soaking the plants the pm doesnt disappear it just looks less furry and duller, but still looks like its there..so can anyone tell me from their own experiece if this is normal and im actually killing the pm? Thanks for any help!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never used either product. I do use OxiDate and JMS Stylet oil, have used Greencure, all to decent effect unless we're talking about the PM vectored by root aphids.

You can also spray with water pH'd to about 10.

altimood

altimood

Sea: pm vectored by root aphids? Where can I get info on this? I have both... Throw a sad dog a bone if you have a link or info source if you could. Or would.
Thx!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No link my friend, just my experience. It's the one time I damn near could not eradicate the PM, and I'm fairly certain, though not 100% positive, that it was vectored by the RAs as it is known that they can and do vector other diseases. In fact, many diseases are vectored by bugs.

My thoughts on that are twofold--first that the PM itself may be acting in concert somehow with the RAs, OR that the RAs take so much out of the plant that it has no more defenses and succumbs to whatever disease happens to be able to gain a foothold.

General Google "plant diseases vectored by root aphids."

Google Scholar "root aphid vector plant diseases."

altimood

altimood

Gotcha. I could see that being the case for sure. Damn those bugs! Thx

mango420

mango420

Deff don't have root affids.. Appreciate the help but I'm looking for someone who's used these products before. Thanks for any help

S

sfzoo

i used the mix for pm. it worked. kept the visible pm at bay for about a week. it washed it right off, i didn't notice any residue or a duller looking infection.

Try washing it off w/ regular water in a few days. It could just be dead fungi...

mango420

mango420

i used the mix for pm. it worked. kept the visible pm at bay for about a week. it washed it right off, i didn't notice any residue or a duller looking infection.

Try washing it off w/ regular water in a few days. It could just be dead fungi...

Did you use the old black bottle of Zone or the gold range?

P

Patman

I use mildew cure by safer gro fine to use up to 7-8 weeks or so, I had powder mold attack one of my xxx og's, saved her though with this shit.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Bumpin this up.. I'm about to spray this mix tonight...

S

sfzoo

Green Cure is better man. held it back longer and i think the Zone/penetrator left a taste on my buds..

but then again, Seamaiden says that GC leaves a taste too...IDK.

goodluck.

Also research SNS products, they have a natural PM fighter.

mango420

mango420

Well ill update this as ive now sprayed my plants twice now. I sprayed about a week apart. I noticed pm was coming back on the plants that had it the worst so I had to spray again. I have noticed that even since my last spray a few days ago ive noticed new pm popping up. I swear even a few times id spray a bad leaf and didnt ever really do anything, which is weird because the ph of the spray solution is 10 so ud figure it would kill on contact. dont know whats going on but im thinking the old black bottle of zone was stronger and worked better for pm. It makes me wonder because earlier in my grow, I had pm on a few plants that were in the corner and not getting much air flow. I sprayed once with Defender, then about 2 days later I sprayed with floramite and gold range saturator. I have not seen a single spore on these plants in 3 weeks. Im starting to wonder if Zone does anything and maybe its the saturator that works. Ive also tried mixing defender with the zone/pen combo but only used it as a spot spay and its seemed to work well. dont go over the 20ml of zone per gallon or u will burn ur pistils.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Hey man sorry to hear you have PM. It is a real bitch man! I've had it and it does huge damage to the end product, as well as reducing the health of your girls greatly reducing yield.

When you spray something on it and it looks like its gone, its not. It will come back in 10 days. There is no way to totally irradicate it if you are in week 4 of flower. Since sulphur is not going to work in your situation, I'd go to the one thing that seemed to work best for mine.

Greencure. Try and avoid spraying directly on buds. It will burn pistils (hairs), and may effect taste although I didn't notice it. One thing that will surely effect taste is PM. Talk about shit tasteing!

If it gets too bad (more than 50% of a plant has PM) pull them man. Don't make the mistake I did. It ended up spreading to my unaffected plants very fast, and the ones I was trying to save in the first place were a total loss. Bud with PM is worthless.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Green Cure is better man. held it back longer and i think the Zone/penetrator left a taste on my buds..

but then again, Seamaiden says that GC leaves a taste too...IDK.

goodluck.

Also research SNS products, they have a natural PM fighter.
That's when it's used at harvest. Using at this point I doubt it would leave a taste, and the OP would have an opportunity to "rinse" it off.

The more I've been learning about SNS lines, the more I like them. They seem to be one of the better manu's out there, and rather underappreciated.

Mango, spray every three days for two weeks, see how it goes.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Thanks guys and gals! Well I sprayed a plant down last night with a mixture of 120 ml per gal of Saturator and 15ml of zone... We will see how she looks tonight..

I used SNS up until week 2 of flower and this shit still came back.. I have been a huge believer in Greencure and have used it many many times... I just smoked some stuff that has been curing for a while that was sprayed with Greencure.. There def is a soapy taste there. I absolutely HATE the way it burns my pistils too.. Soooo over that...

I am trying to get some oxidate.. Stuff is expensive.. I had some unexpected medical bills come up for my little boy so money is super tight right now unfortunately. Tonight if all is good on the zone/saturator sprayed girl, I am going to spray everything down.. The room is getting cleared and I am dropping a fungaflor bomb in there, as well. EVERYTHING getting wiped down.

The PM isn't SUPER bad right now thank god.. Maybe 10% of the plant has PM on it.. AND I cut it all off last night.. I have a pack of Actinovate chillin... Maybe that would be a better option that the zone/saturator?

Here some food for thought.. My buddy had some clones with PM.. He had some Greenworks all purpose cleaner next to him so he sprayed the clones down with it as an experiment.. A couple months pass and they have not had one drop of PM on them since he sprayed... Dunno what to think of it just yet, though lol...

:character0180:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks guys and gals! Well I sprayed a plant down last night with a mixture of 120 ml per gal of Saturator and 15ml of zone... We will see how she looks tonight..

I used SNS up until week 2 of flower and this shit still came back.. I have been a huge believer in Greencure and have used it many many times... I just smoked some stuff that has been curing for a while that was sprayed with Greencure.. There def is a soapy taste there. I absolutely HATE the way it burns my pistils too.. Soooo over that...

I am trying to get some oxidate.. Stuff is expensive.. I had some unexpected medical bills come up for my little boy so money is super tight right now unfortunately. Tonight if all is good on the zone/saturator sprayed girl, I am going to spray everything down.. The room is getting cleared and I am dropping a fungaflor bomb in there, as well. EVERYTHING getting wiped down.

The PM isn't SUPER bad right now thank god.. Maybe 10% of the plant has PM on it.. AND I cut it all off last night.. I have a pack of Actinovate chillin... Maybe that would be a better option that the zone/saturator?

Here some food for thought.. My buddy had some clones with PM.. He had some Greenworks all purpose cleaner next to him so he sprayed the clones down with it as an experiment.. A couple months pass and they have not had one drop of PM on them since he sprayed... Dunno what to think of it just yet, though lol...

:character0180:

I haven't used Actinovate, so can't speak to its efficacy, but your son comes first so my vote is to save the money, use what you have on hand and go from there.

Greenworks..? Seriously? What made him think to try that? Is Greenworks anything like Simple Green? Things that make you go, "Hhhmmm..."

mango420

mango420

Safers Defender has worked the best for me. Seems to keep the pm back alot longer than the zone/pen combo. The plants i sprayed in week one of flower have not seen pm since and were only sprayed once. Im now in week 6 and some new pm has popped up, is it too late to use a sulphur spray? And my hydro shops dont carry greencure.

B

billybadazz

I have successfully used baking soda (sodium bicobonate) at 4 teaspoons per gallon of warm water. spray it and leave it for 3-4 days then spray plain water to rince of residues of the soda. My friend suggested this to me after about 4 other products after I couldn't find greencure ( the main ingredient in that is potassium bicarbonate) The PM I had was pretty bad and spreadin so I was desperate and tried it and it worked. Now when my plants are in veg I give them a spray of eagle 20 once about 2-3 weeks before flower and I haven't seen any signs of the damn PM for months. -BB

mango420

mango420

Just to let people know, the Zone/pen combo doesnt get rid of powdery mildew. I found it controlled it but after a while it seemed to come back right after spraying. I believe the old zone was what really worked for pm because i tried spraying just the zone mixed with water and it didnt do shit. Im currently experimenting with a couple diff controls, one being bug b gone combined with 9ph water, and sm90, altho im not sure the rate to dilute for the sm90. Reason im trying BBG and high ph water is i have some mites as well so I figure why not get 2 birds stoned at once. :passingjoint: Ill keep this updated as ive just sprayed them today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom