Dutch Passion: Durban Poison - Potential Calcium Deficiency And Feeding Issue.

• Thread starter Desert Rogue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Ive discovered recently that I have a hard water issue. PPM for 265 filtered 211ish. RO 17 allowed a bit of recovery growth. Plants are approx 5 weeks old in one gallon smart pots, 60 happy frog 40 perlite amended with dolomite lime pellets 1 tbl per gallon. Water is RO from store amended with cal mag 2-0-0 recent change.

I believe these clones and the mother are all lacking proper feed with my grow big chemical nutes.. Ive cut back and have been brewing guano teas with fish emulsion and black strap mollassus. I have two different guanos: Down the earth high nitrogen and fox farms high phosphorous with culture included.

The blueberry male, stunted and showing fall colors.. (I hope is not a hermie as it popped pollen sacks when it was healthy that opened but hasnt since made any.) Is part of the breeding project fantasy I had of BB x Durban poison.

I unplugged my 300w full spectrum blurple apollo horticulture due to what I believed was an led caused dificiency. Ive since plugged it back in as the two viparspectra 300w appeared to be causing the same on plants that are about 6 months old.. since my last grow some of which Ive harvested and fell in love with. I cant lose her. This is my first attempt keeping a mother.

I have I believe a 2 - 5 - 7 tent in my closet under cooling stays about 73 40% RH with 12 plants in it.. As well as a 3 - 3 - 4 mini tent for my mom and clones.. Everything under the 50w T5s is healthier.

Pictures follow...

Dutch passion durban poison   potential calcium deficiency and feeding issue
Dutch passion durban poison   potential calcium deficiency and feeding issue 3
Dutch passion durban poison   potential calcium deficiency and feeding issue 4
Dutch passion durban poison   potential calcium deficiency and feeding issue 5
Dutch passion durban poison   potential calcium deficiency and feeding issue 6
Dutch passion durban poison   potential calcium deficiency and feeding issue 7

Dutch passion durban poison   potential calcium deficiency and feeding issue 2
Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

The first pic.. and that is about 2 days ago.. She is still eating her leaves.. Ive sprayed her down with 1.5 ml grow big and 5 ml cal / mag in Distilled water ph'd with lemon juice and a little baking soda as ph swung rapidly in distilled. 6.5 ph.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

A friend who knows a master horticulturist he works under down in Reno.. said it was my lights potentially causing my need for nutes and my potential misunderstanding of how much in foliar to feed as calcium isnt mobile enough to be fed at the roots to some of much any advantage right now.. The teas Ive been using haven't shown any improvement like when I just switched to RO water and was still using grow big for nutes.. Its too soon to tell.. though some of my plants are wilting from over watering still it seems despite my 1g smart pots and over use of perlite. Its not been long enough time to tell if the SLF100 enzymes have begun their work either. Things are just progressing and getting worse.

My stress can not be good for them..

brazel

brazel

The first pic.. and that is about 2 days ago.. She is still eating her leaves.. Ive sprayed her down with 1.5 ml grow big and 5 ml cal / mag in Distilled water ph'd with lemon juice and a little baking soda as ph swung rapidly in distilled. 6.5 ph.
I'd say that's the best plant, take clones asap

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

A new pic of the Mum.. and the clones in best health under the 50w 2' T5s in the mini tent. Temps in the small tent tend to be around 78-81 though.. One speed fan. RH falls down to 25.. With some spraying and a wet towel I can get it up to 28% only..
0106181609a

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Means I better cut my big skunk and stardawg that is showing root rot.. In order to make a big cloning run.

If possible I want to save the mum.. I want to up pot her into better soil and was planning some ocean forest.. but waiting until she showed better health so as not to lose her.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Not saying this is absolutely your problem, but it's possible that is may be part of it. In the very least, I suggest trying to dial in your environment a little tighter, particularly RH. Once you rule out environment, you'll have an easier time diagnosing your problem.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

If it would solve all my problems and I had the money to do it.. AYE AYE ITS DONE.. I need some equipment I believe to control RH in a small space like this tent..

brazel

brazel

A friend who knows a master horticulturist he works under down in Reno.. said it was my lights potentially causing my need for nutes and my potential misunderstanding of how much in foliar to feed as calcium isnt mobile enough to be fed at the roots to some of much any advantage right now.. The teas Ive been using haven't shown any improvement like when I just switched to RO water and was still using grow big for nutes.. Its too soon to tell.. though some of my plants are wilting from over watering still it seems despite my 1g smart pots and over use of perlite. Its not been long enough time to tell if the SLF100 enzymes have begun their work either. Things are just progressing and getting worse.

My stress can not be good for them..

The lights you're using is not the problem, you don't need to foliar spray
There's different forms of calcium some more readily available.
What's your ph?
What's your tea brewing process?

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Yes the top picks should be the mom.. others are the clones.

24 hour tea, tbl high phosphorous tbl high nitrogen guano or fish emulsion and a tbl of black strap mollassus. I ph to 6.5.. and really need to be checking run off.. I also use dolomite lime pellets one tablespoon to the gallon.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Ive forgotten to mention the last one is a blueberry top I accidentally broke and rooted.. I included it as it may be one of 3 potential male.. if male I planned to open pollinate the blueberries to my chosen durban female..

I went through 4 packs to find a durban female worth keeping... mainly that wouldnt herm and had good smoke traits.

brazel

brazel

I got a lil confused... the clones you have were cut from your mom?

I'd focus on your mother!
You check your ph?

Someone should chime in today that knows more

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I got a lil confused... the clones you have were cut from your mom?

I'd focus on your mother!
You check your ph?

Someone should chime in today that knows more

I intend to focus on the mom. Ive got clones just in case in varying degrees of deficiency or otherwise.. My fear is that I haven't been adding enough calcium back to the water.

Also I dont want to cause an overwatering situation.. so Im waiting for medium to dry out before checking run off like I should be doing all the time.. too many plants.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

As soon as I have the money and my alpha is in better health, I wanted to up pot her. I believe my clones are doing worse due to the mistakes with RO water but also only using happy frog with few amendmants. This mother had about 1/3 gallon of fox farms ocean forest.

Any recommendations on amendments like blood meal, change in amount of lime, or new organic soil altogether?

Before it went legal here, I always grew in seed starter peat moss mix feeding grow big and tiger bloom.. Plants that out grew my tent.. (Holy Smoke seeds Mozambique poison.. I miss you.. And Ko Chang Thai.)

Ceveres

Ceveres

If it would solve all my problems and I had the money to do it.. AYE AYE ITS DONE.. I need some equipment I believe to control RH in a small space like this tent..
Not necessarily, something as simple as a coat hanger, towel, and bowl of water could help raise RH. Skip the 2:30 Mark or after.
Besides, small portable humidifiers can run as low as $25-30, I'm sure you've spend much more on less important factors.

You can mess with your nutes and shit all you want, but you'll never know exactly what's going on until you get your environment in check. Not gonna sit and beat a dead horse tho..

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Ive been using hand towels soaked deeply in water and not squeezed in front of a fan and only see about a 4-7% difference from 27 which seems to be my low in my little tent. My big tent with 12 plants in 1 gallon smart pots, all under the duress of some or another type of stress keep the RH about 35-42.

brazel

brazel

It looks like a lil of everything
Phosphorus but you're using the high phosphorus guano.
nitrogen but you're using the high nitrogen guano.
Not that I know the amounts, I'm just thinking out loud
PH but your ph is 6.5 yeah check the run off.
They been in there for 5 or 6 months but it didn't seem like you're feeding them.
Environment can fvck you up

In my mind skills, genetics and environment are everything

Why did you quit feeding them big grow?

Wish I could help more.
I can help you build your next soil and give you inputs if needed. I assume you're doing no till next since you asked about amendments.
I haven't had any issues but fungus gnats since I've been no till.
Ranchodeluxe
Organiks
And myself have no till threads on here.

Top Bottom