Dutch Passion: Durban Poison - Potential Calcium Deficiency And Feeding Issue.

• Thread starter Desert Rogue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

It looks like a lil of everything
Phosphorus but you're using the high phosphorus guano.
nitrogen but you're using the high nitrogen guano.
Not that I know the amounts, I'm just thinking out loud
PH but your ph is 6.5 yeah check the run off.
They been in there for 5 or 6 months but it didn't seem like you're feeding them.
Environment can fvck you up

In my mind skills, genetics and environment are everything

Why did you quit feeding them big grow?

Wish I could help more.
I can help you build your next soil and give you inputs if needed. I assume you're doing no till next since you asked about amendments.
I haven't had any issues but fungus gnats since I've been no till.
Ranchodeluxe
Organiks
And myself have no till threads on here.

Someone advised me that my salts were a problem.. which is why the teas are brand new.. I should have mentioned. Im awaiting results on that now.

They also showed a pic I texted to their master horticulturist at some dispensary opening up down in Reno, that person said my lights were causing the problem..

Proper problem solving says, my blueberries are stunted due to early topping causing sickly growing conditions..

My durbans are all of age and hungry.. showing the spots and yellowing of older leaves.. This plant seems to cannabilize her oldest leaf naturally no matter how much I feed.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Ive been using hand towels soaked deeply in water and not squeezed in front of a fan and only see about a 4-7% difference from 27 which seems to be my low in my little tent. My big tent with 12 plants in 1 gallon smart pots, all under the duress of some or another type of stress keep the RH about 35-42.
Makes sense, more soil moisture to evaporate into the air, and more plants transpiring will raise the RH. Maybe try to raise the RH in the room your tent draws air from as opposed to trying to raise humidity the tent itself? I run an electric humidifier near the cold air return to try and get my whole house RH up as opposed to just my g room.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Makes sense, more soil moisture to evaporate into the air, and more plants transpiring will raise the RH. Maybe try to raise the RH in the room your tent draws air from as opposed to trying to raise humidity the tent itself? I run an electric humidifier near the cold air return to try and get my whole house RH up as opposed to just my g room.

Good point.. if I just raised the RH in my room alone imagining a cloud of high RH around my room, provided it works that way.. should boost it during these harsh dry winter months.

So far with this new grow Im losing my blueberries slowly to winterized colors.. And am making moves to save only the known males as I dont know of any females.. To cross to the clone ALPHA Im hoping to save.

I cant accept the loss of her now, maybe someday.. but not now.. I need a large seed run in order to properly select and grow.. My small numbers I feel havent helped. (I have an 18 limit to my understanding, giving me breathing room for cloning.)

brazel

brazel

Is he saying the salts are because you're using big grow?
You gotta flush the salts out.

Search the light you're using and see if others have this problem.

I don't know about the blueberry.

I think people flush when have a problem and wait some days before feeding?
I don't know bro, I'm still thinking out loud

Google diy humidity

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I have the belief that I need to water smaller in between the times I water with run off due to over moisture watering in smart pots.. that may have low root temps causing low uptake.

Since switching to RO water Ive seen improvement over my apparentely hardwater. Im only concerned with saving the big male.

He is more advocating the use of SLF100 enzyme which eats root rot and salts.. Ive gotten rid of two plants that exibit root rot.. and am now focusing on just saving my chosen blueberry male and my proven female and as many clones as possible.

What his reasoning was.. was that I wasnt actually culturing a microheard like I thought would always be there.. and that if using slf100.. chemically available nutes that cause salt build up would be counter productive.

At this point.. Ill do anything to save my closet from my over gardening.. and hopefully get something out of my investment.. Im not looking to create the next best fire now.. someday.. now Im just looking for seeds of the best two strains for my condition to save me money and stop buying packs.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

A new pic of the Mum.. and the clones in best health under the 50w 2' T5s in the mini tent. Temps in the small tent tend to be around 78-81 though.. One speed fan. RH falls down to 25.. With some spraying and a wet towel I can get it up to 28% only..View attachment 769430 View attachment 769431 View attachment 769432
More nitrogen, not too much for the mother but she needs a lil for sure, even what Brazil said, calmag will not only give you ca and mg, it's gonna give you a lil nitrogen too

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

So.. she is likely a heavy feeder.. def needed some more of stuff.. but def more nitrogen as she pumps out mini clones like a beast. Shes already putting out new growth after the panic cloning.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Ad update on the now cloned off of mother. Gods be with those clones.

Shes eaten at least 10 or so leaves of all sizes. A few remain that stubbornly wont let go, so Ive left them.

The deficiency is showing high on the plant.. rusting not just the yellowing. I was only adding 1.64 ish ml of cal mag back to the RO water.. The most recent watering had about 4.5.

(The healthiest clone is right next to her peaking into the pic. Its my control in my low power tent. Though Im only posting the mom, as that is the concern.)

Ui76
Last edited:
Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

So my other source of information is now telling me the rust spots are actually a fungus.. and Im having a hard time believing it with the conflicting information..

If anyone is still reading.

brazel

brazel

So my other source of information is now telling me the rust spots are actually a fungus.. and Im having a hard time believing it with the conflicting information..

If anyone is still reading.
Ha bro conflicting info is this world!
There's is rust fungus, there's 1000,s fungus!
Troubleshoot
Write down what you notice, go online
Google cannabis problems or whatever
Take your paper
Look at nitrogen look at your paper
Whatever symptoms are the same write a 1 by
The next might be iron , do the same thing but write a 2 and so on

When you're done start with whatever number is noted the most, read more about the symptom.
Ya dig?

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I need to return to writing things down. Aye.

How lazy I still must not know Im being.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Also, Im still in the box of believing its just a cal mag mess up.. Ive done what I know I never want to do with this plant again.. defoliate.. this time Ive removed all the leaves even if they wouldnt let go on their own, if they show the deficiency.

The weak will be cut.. May end up being all of them.

My mother doesn't show any rust. Just the multiple deficiencies Ive hopefully put in process the correction of. My control clone shows no deficiency, no rust.. Dark Green and healthy growing slow under the 50w t5 as expected of a healthy plant.

Ive got about 5 clones in the big tent.

Also, I have an OG Flo from the little tent was super healthy. Topped when it went into the big tent. It shows distress from the new light and a few rust spots.. and its been golden healthy until now.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Alright. Ive gone through my 3 largest, who are effected the most. My youngest 2 don't show symptoms other than hunger.

I now believe with the mother its a full combo of everything and she is on the road to recovery and growing fresh scions Im gonna say that are about 1 inch already.

The symptoms Im seeing, and I checked with my pocket microscope, look more like manganese and phosphorus.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/phosphorus-deficiency-cannabis

Not all leaves are mottled. Some are nuted burned as well on the tips.

The Rust spots look more like Manganese from other pics Ive seen online.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/manganese-deficiency-cannabis

The problem Im having, using dolomite lime in happy frog.. maybe that its already in there.. My PH run off with half tap half RO ph at 6.5 kept coming off at 7.1 on all but two who came out at 7.4. (I re-calibrated my meter just in case.) Also added back Cal/Mag and 1 ml of grow big ppm of about 200-235.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, I used a whole gallon for each plant half after ph'd at about 6 for most dropping the runoff to 6.9. One had to have 5.5 as it was at 7.4 hard.

I wish I had a pc microscope with an app to record so I could get pics of the rust spots for clarity.

Off to study! =^.^=

Last edited:
Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I may also have potassium excess. Which would block some of the other elements. My teas contain 1 table spoon of blackstrap molasses and Ive fed it before. (Happy frog contains some microheard..)

Reading up on it now.

As for the Manganese, Ive given a small amount of grow big, as it is the only source of chelate or otherwise I have available.. I thought that would cover multiple bases.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Ha bro conflicting info is this world!
There's is rust fungus, there's 1000,s fungus!
Troubleshoot
Write down what you notice, go online
Google cannabis problems or whatever
Take your paper
Look at nitrogen look at your paper
Whatever symptoms are the same write a 1 by
The next might be iron , do the same thing but write a 2 and so on

When you're done start with whatever number is noted the most, read more about the symptom.
Ya dig?

Appreciate the kick in the ass. ;3

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

The mother hasnt dropped any leaves in days and shows no signs of spots. The clone is my healthiest and is my control. Seems it is exhibiting some signs.. It will take time I believe.

J66
J77
J88

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I believe my issue is resolved.. and with it. The need for this journal. Will update if there is interest.

Top Bottom