Dwc And Rdwc Oxygenation – The Art Of Salesmanship And Making Money

• Thread starter J Henry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

J Henry

I did 3 runs of beneficials in my CC system, but because I kept my temperatures at 68 or 69 Fahrenheit, they really didn't have a chance to work as well as they could have, at say, 73 or 74 Fahrenheit.
That said, I ran a combination of synthetic and organic that were chelated, so they were taken in by the roots in any case.
How much did all that cost? How much time did all that take including the trip to buy the stuff?
Did you accomplish your goal in short order?

J

J Henry

Lots of ways to do it, that's for sure.:)
Some work well, some don't work at all. If you catch the root rot, clearly what you did, did not work well to prevent the outbreak and all your efforts have failed. But, if you are a RDWC pot grower and you do not have fungal outbreaks of root rot, then keep doing what ever you are doing because it is working.

ken dog

ken dog

How much did all that cost? How much time did all that take including the trip to buy the stuff?
Did you accomplish your goal in short order?
Yes, I accomplished my goal... I had run a few runs sterile before I tried beneficials.

I wanted to see how well it would do in the Current Culture system.

It did just fine, but I knew I couldn't reach the full potential of beneficials with the water temps as cold as I needed to keep them with regards to dissolved oxygen and nutrient uptake.

I decided to go back to sterile, and then I decided that Roots was not the right fit for me... Mostly because without constant dosing, the ORP goes up and down constantly.

That said, my rez was squeaky clean because I used Sensizyme and all the beneficials that advanced nutrients offers as well as a regiment of 10 different bottles... They were all delivered to my door through Amazon, and the discount was noteworthy.

J

J Henry

It did just fine, but I knew I couldn't reach the full potential of beneficials with the water temps as cold as I needed to keep them with regards to dissolved oxygen and nutrient uptake.
Do you think you could "reach full potential" on your RDWC farm with 80F water, 8.1 ppm DO concentration and continuous 100% DO saturation or continuous 130% DO supersaturation 24/7?

ken dog

ken dog

Do you think you could "reach full potential" on your RDWC farm with 80F water, 8.1 ppm DO concentration and continuous 100% DO saturation or continuous 130% DO supersaturation 24/7?

Yes. .. but I didn't want to deal with biofilm.

That was the decision maker right there.

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

We got science up in this bitch.☺

J

J Henry

Yes. .. but I didn't want to deal with biofilm.

That was the decision maker right there.
I hear you saying that you chose to limit your full potential with cold water temperature - cold water reduces microorganism metabolism, biofilm mass and inhibits colony growth... and you will have less biofilm issues to deal with. Cold temperature and environments will definitely retard plant and microbial cellular metabolism retarding colony growth and plant growth. Cold mountain alpine forest grow much slower than hot equatorial rain forest grow. Bacteria are more plentiful, exotic, diverse and grow much faster in the hot regions of equatorial Amazonia than do bacteria living in the colder climes of Alaska and the Artic.
Choosing and knowing your limitations is a real plus, you do not have unreal expectations or false hopes and I bet you are seldom discouraged because you understand your limitations you have chosen that will affect the farm before your seeds are planted thru your harvest. I bet you are rarely disappointed in your crop and enjoy farming every day.
And you are certainly interested and willing to learn the new techniques and technologies of RDWC.
I like the Current Culture system too.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I hear you saying that you chose to limit your full potential with cold water temperature - cold water reduces microorganism metabolism, biofilm mass and inhibits colony growth... and you will have less biofilm issues to deal with. Cold temperature and environments will definitely retard plant and microbial cellular metabolism retarding colony growth and plant growth. Cold mountain alpine forest grow much slower than hot equatorial rain forest grow. Bacteria are more plentiful, exotic, diverse and grow much faster in the hot regions of equatorial Amazonia than do bacteria living in the colder climes of Alaska and the Artic.
Choosing and knowing your limitations is a real plus, you do not have unreal expectations or false hopes and I bet you are seldom discouraged because you understand your limitations you have chosen that will affect the farm before your seeds are planted thru your harvest. I bet you are rarely disappointed in your crop and enjoy farming every day.
And you are certainly interested and willing to learn the new techniques and technologies of RDWC.
I like the Current Culture system too.
What do you consider to cold?

Latest posts

Top Bottom