Dwc droopy cannabis leaves 1 week

• Thread starter Hayin_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hayin_

Well, I guess you got a decision to make. I'm just some other guy on the internet too.

PH should center on 5.8 with swings up to 6.2 for hydro. Clay pebbles or rock wool or coco has no bearing on what PH needs to be. They are inert for our purposes.

I need more info on your nutes. They are at 380 now? Like you checked? And what is the current PH exactly? We are going to need to get some specifics if you want to know for sure what your issue is and learn to avoid it.

What is the PH Trend? If you don't know please begin to monitor this. We are looking for a sudden drop (bad).
Definitely been more helpful than google though is what I mean by that .
She was 340 now she’s 337
So she’s dropping in her ppm
Ph normally she’s always at 5.7 but like I said I didn’t know she was supposed to still be in that 5.8-6.2 because of misinformation on the article I read
Right now the ph is at 5.65

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Definitely been more helpful than google though is what I mean by that .
She was 340 now she’s 337
So she’s dropping in her ppm
Ph normally she’s always at 5.7 but like I said I didn’t know she was supposed to still be in that 5.8-6.2 because of misinformation on the article I read
Right now the ph is at 5.65
Ok let’s keep an eye on the ph. If it starts to drop that potentially indicates pythium. If it drifts up at all that’s a good sign.

Are you due for a res change?

How is the environment? Good air movement? Lighting?

H

Hayin_

Ok let’s keep an eye on the ph. If it starts to drop that potentially indicates pythium. If it drifts up at all that’s a good sign.

Are you due for a res change?

How is the environment? Good air movement? Lighting?
Okay will do !
No I feel like that’s what started the problem I gave her a res change in her third week and that’s when the droopiness and root problems started because she was so young when I changed it out.
Sometime it does get warm in the closet but I do have a fan and I believe the lighting is decent it’s pretty bright but does not have a dimmable light option

H

Hayin_

the humidity in the room stays between 36% - 42% the temp stays 28.2 - 30.5 Celsius

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So in the closet is a tough environment for hydro. Can you get a water temp? Not sure what tools you have on hand to work with.

H

Hayin_

So in the closet is a tough environment for hydro. Can you get a water temp? Not sure what tools you have on hand to work with.
I have no way to get a temp reading on the water I don’t think

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

See I seen online a lot of people saying that too much water could drown the roots out an cause the root rot and drooping so I’m not sure. I’m honestly about to run and get smaller gallon buckets.

FWIW, If you want to solve your problems, listen to, and do everything Moe says. More water is better than less.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

FWIW, If you want to solve your problems, listen to, and do everything Moe says. More water is better than less.
I watched the video moe put up about his setup hes got going on, he definitely has a ton of knowledge on growing cannabis. I wish i could understand half of what he knows, but small town burnout with little ambition to learn kind of stops that lol 😆

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thanks for the props peeps. How can OP know who to trust? Hell, you might both be my alt accounts. Maybe OP is too? 🤯

Keep the ph checks up. If it starts to take a nose dive you will need to dose with peroxide and stop the hydrogaurd. I'm not sure we have any other knobs to turn here.

Do you have a fan maybe? Keep the air moving under the leaves? Droopy leaves are lack of internal water pressure in the cells called turgor pressure. That happens when you underwater (not the case here) the roots aren't working (maybe) or there is no transpiration bringing water up the stem. Air flow across the leaves where the stomata open and the plant breathes is your friend in getting her pump started if environment is playing a part here.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Thanks for the props peeps. How can OP know who to trust? Hell, you might both be my alt accounts. Maybe OP is too? 🤯

All i know about dwc is that it includes water and pebbles as a grow media? I think? 🤣
With how little ive looked into dwc and how chlorinated my water is i wouldnt even try dwc/hydro for another year at a bare minimum.

Definitely listen to whatever Moe says. He knows his shit for sure.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Some TDS pens have a temp readout too, not sure what you have.

The warmer the water the higher the risk of both pythium and suffocating the plant due to lack of O2.
I was thinking with room temps near 30 that would be heating the water way to much yea? I always thought root rot would cause ph to rise through the slime muck on your roots you always educating cheers moe👍

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I was thinking with room temps near 30 that would be heating the water way to much yea? I always thought root rot would cause ph to rise through the slime muck on your roots you always educating cheers moe👍
Holy crap I missed that. The room is 86*. I need to stop doing Celsius conversions in my head lol.

36 - 42% humidity.

VPD = 2.32. Damn.

VPD

She can't breathe.

Plus her roots are in bathwater most likely.

I don't know how to fix this without just brute force making it thru this grow and hoping for the best. But you are asking too much from these plants for them to be healthy and happy in this environment I'm afraid. H2O2 is indicated here, not just to kill the pathogens you get in hot water, but also to act as liquid oxygen.

H

Hayin_

Holy crap I missed that. The room is 86*. I need to stop doing Celsius conversions in my head lol.

36 - 42% humidity.

VPD = 2.32. Damn.

View attachment 1280160

She can't breathe.

Plus her roots are in bathwater most likely.

I don't know how to fix this without just brute force making it thru this grow and hoping for the best. But you are asking too much from these plants for them to be healthy and happy in this environment I'm afraid. H2O2 is indicated here, not just to kill the pathogens you get in hot water, but also to act as liquid oxygen.
Well I’m new to doing this so certain things I don’t know and I try my best to do research but I can’t ever find anything for the kind of grow I am doing . Most people I run into are soil growers.
I’m trying my best . That’s why I came for help.
I knew she wasn’t happy and I’m trying my best to figure out what I’m doing wrong to fix her that’s why I came to the forum in the first place .
I just need to know how to use the hydrogen how much of it so that i can fix her or try and help her

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Well I’m new to doing this so certain things I don’t know and I try my best to do research but I can’t ever find anything for the kind of grow I am doing . Most people I run into are soil growers.
I’m trying my best . That’s why I came for help.
I knew she wasn’t happy and I’m trying my best to figure out what I’m doing wrong to fix her that’s why I came to the forum in the first place .
I just need to know how to use the hydrogen how much of it so that i can fix her or try and help her
Yeah, and I am just trying to help you, so....

I would start at 5ml/l.

Get as much air movement as you can.

Get as much bubbling as you can.

Keep the water level high.

Freeze some water bottles and put it in the res.

Back down the light until you get this under control. Not the number of hours, just the intensity or raise the distance.

That's my best advise.

H

Hayin_

I know you are trying to help me.
And Am I adding 5ml to just ph’d water and just running it through the reservoir over night ?
Am I just spraying the roots with it?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So if you have 10L of water in your res, you will add 5ml X 10L = 50ml of 3%.

Dilute it a bit if you want, but it is already dilute at 3%.

Slowly pour it in the res. Wait 24 hours and see if that helped.

EDIT: This will not directly impact PH, but as this works and you end up with decaying bacteria and sadly, some root cells with it, your PH might jump around, generally to the low side. Don't overreact if you see that.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Yeah, and I am just trying to help you, so....

I would start at 5ml/l.

Get as much air movement as you can.

Get as much bubbling as you can.

Keep the water level high.

Freeze some water bottles and put it in the res.

Back down the light until you get this under control. Not the number of hours, just the intensity or raise the distance.

That's my best advise.
Freeze the water bottles drop that rez temp down best advice👍
I know you are trying to help me.
And Am I adding 5ml to just ph’d water and just running it through the reservoir over night ?
Am I just spraying the roots with it?
i think u need to control your environment better along with the frozen bottles in the rez u can also put them in your intake ducting to cool air temps down also raises humidity a touch so watch for that I grow in a tin garage not sealed with no a/c so need all the help I can get with keeping things cool it works👍

Top Bottom