DWC GH Nova line, No Air Stones

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

I am new to growing, this is my first grow. I did post in the introductions, but this group might be more my speed. I learned so much in the beginning with just trial and error. I have no idea what the strain is, seeds were given to me.

I am using a
2x4 tent, four 5 gallon DWC buckets, two WEiCREA MECH1000 LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants, Samsung LM301H and MEANWELL Driver, two 6 inch fans, one exhaust fan, one intake fan on a cycle. There are zero, yes zero air stones! I believe that air stones are a host for all kinds of bacteria.

This is my first grow and I think I'm doing great by plant comparison to others posts. I am in my first week of the switch. The one picture shows the additional growth from only 3 days elapsed. I am using GH Nova line and AG fungicide, that's it.

I'm also doing a small cloning station that has a very small reservoir. I have a constant ph monitor for that as in the beginning I had a lot of problems. Now that I'm using 0 ppm source water in there, sealed light penetration to reservoir, I never even have to add ph down unless at water change. This setup also has no air stones. In the small setup there is a little pump that brings the water at the bottom to the top. Both use flooming versus small air bubbles from a stone.

The

Dwc gh nova line no air stones
Dwc gh nova line no air stones 2
Dwc gh nova line no air stones 3
steamroller

steamroller

Some info on the bag;

ninjadip

ninjadip

Today's update: Looking good. Close up is from plant on front right. Believe I need to wait for the stretch before I do any excessive trimming, but not sure. Any new lower growth is stopped daily.

One plant, the one in the middle, front, had its airline disconnected for at the most two days before I caught it. This was 2 days ago that I remedied this, seems like the plant was stunted but only slightly, I believe she can still catch up with the others.

PXL 20220802 222230073
PXL 20220802 222407868
Last edited:
ninjadip

ninjadip

Current pics
Flower end of week 1

When and how aggressive should I lollipop?
I am trying not to trim too much to prepare for the stretch that I am hoping will let me spread some of that bush out in the top canopy once the middle one reaches there.

Pic: Current day of trim, usually do every 2-3 days same amount. Pics were taken before the trim.
FYI Lights were raised after picture.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Oh I should add that I followed some advice and raised my air temps, and it looks like the plants responded well!
I'm at 80-82f with the lights on in the tent now. I forgot that I could increase the temp because of the added C02

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You want leaf temps of 75-77f usually about 5f higher air temps give those leaf temps under LED.

Trimming looks good. Here are some basics to defoliation as i apply them.

ninjadip

ninjadip

You want leaf temps of 75-77f usually about 5f higher air temps give those leaf temps under LED.

Trimming looks good. Here are some basics to defoliation as i apply them.

Thank you!
Those are the same principles I am attempting to apply lol!
I have some friends that are new growers as well and they tell me they cut off every fan leaf. Their pics are not that impressive. I totally agree with your defoliation techniques; net photosynthesis needs to be considered.

ninjadip

ninjadip

When watering this morning, using just water and some AG GFF, I saw what looked like a gnat or some small bug fly up out of the grow rocks of the healthiest, biggest plant.

What should I do?
I noticed this plant is the one farthest from the fan for the lower canopy/root zone. Is this connected?
Should I cover the roots with foil or something?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When watering this morning, using just water and some AG GFF, I saw what looked like a gnat or some small bug fly up out of the grow rocks of the healthiest, biggest plant.

What should I do?
I noticed this plant is the one farthest from the fan for the lower canopy/root zone. Is this connected?
Should I cover the roots with foil or something?
Im not a bug guy but bti and yellow stickies worked for gnats at my buddies grow

ninjadip

ninjadip

Im not a bug guy but bti and yellow stickies worked for gnats at my buddies grow
Thanks, I think I might adjust my lower fan and let the water level get lower before adding, drying them out should kill them, if they are breeding in the grow rocks.
I only saw one, and have seen zero signs of damage on leaves. So hopefully I can nip this in the butt.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks, I think I might adjust my lower fan and let the water level get lower before adding, drying them out should kill them, if they are breeding in the grow rocks.
I only saw one, and have seen zero signs of damage on leaves. So hopefully I can nip this in the butt.
Once you have em drying out won’t get rid if em imo

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Ive found a few dead flies in my grow tent. Hell once there was a web on my seedlings. I figured since im not soil id be ok. Ive been growing on the same carpet floor for 1.5 years with 0 pests. Dunno if im lucky or if its cause hydro. I found a grasshopper in there once. . but i just put it back outside.

Id say your bug worries shouldnt be that of someone growing in soil.

Dont overthink it, if they breed. . you will need to fix your room. .

All i know is id rather throw the plant in the trash and scrub the room vs spraying them with anything. Id assume most lose their battles with pests.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Moved the lower fan lower and angled up, moved higher fan up and angled up towards lights as much as space allowed.
Adjusted intake fan from 5 on/20 off to 5 on/10 off. Adjusted exhaust fan from 80% power to 100%.
Defoliated bud sights too low to be worthwhile.

PXL 20220804 222059021
PXL 20220804 222108376
PXL 20220804 2221567712
PXL 20220804 223223877
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Just stopped by from the Bud Rot thread. 2nd pic in post 17 is current, correct? If so, look at those lower leaves in the shade. I might clean that up a bit more, don't forget you still have the stretch ahead.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Just stopped by from the Bud Rot thread. 2nd pic in post 17 is current, correct? If so, look at those lower leaves in the shade. I might clean that up a bit more, don't forget you still have the stretch ahead.
I defoliated right after I took the pic, and more this morning, and didn't take another one to post yet.
Yeah, i cleaned up a lot of those lower ones and tried to thin it out where some clusters were too tight to breathe.
I have to do some serious training tonight to get ready for the stretch if more stretching is coming. When does that usually stop 2-3 week of flower?

Thanks.
I will def show more detailed pic of under canopy when I'm done and get your opinion.
I really didn't know if it was better to defoliate now or once some buds start forming or what, i mean beyond my normal defoliating.

Top Bottom