DWC GH Nova line, No Air Stones

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

Getting close!!!!

I turned my lights down to 50% because of how close the plants grew into them. The last pic shows a bleached bud, not albino weed... I love the way the purple bud looks.

PXL 20220913 2100156242
PXL 20220913 210015624
PXL 20220913 205927762
PXL 20220913 205632664PORTRAIT
PXL 20220913 205600845
ninjadip

ninjadip

Can't wait for next run with bigger (taller and wider) tent... Not only that, my second run theoretically should be better than my first, as I did learn butt loads.
Cheap light setting at 50% to try to help with proximity as buds were bleaching.

PXL 20220918 223250561
PXL 20220918 223218301
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Holy shit man 😂 way to make the best of your room. Really nice grow. Awesome colors. Those reds and purples damn. Impressive stuff 💪

ninjadip

ninjadip

Thank you, talk about making the best of this low hanging tent... All the buds on the left two plants had grown past and into light. Seemed like only alternative left until chop. For colors,I got the nighttime outside air cycling through lung room as we speak.

I'm sure this is frowned upon... But wtf 🤣🤫
PXL 20220919 221643489

PXL 20220919 111904938
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Thank you, talk about making the best of this low hanging tent... All the buds on the left two plants had grown past and into light. Seemed like only alternative left until chop. For colors,I got the nighttime outside air cycling through lung room as we speak.

I'm sure this is frowned upon... But wtf 🤣🤫

hah we can only do what we can. You sure as shit didn't trip fall and get to this spot. It took considerable work macgyver-ing shit to get them this far.

It is obviously too late this grow but I want to share some things that I have seen here at the Farm that might help. Regardless of whether you get a larger tent next grow, you definitely want to know want they and you are capable of. Long story short, I think you used your trellis net for some definitely needed support, but you never restricted the plants vertical growth in veg or flower. Depending not just on strain but also phenotype, some plants would technically outgrow any tent if given the chance. But since that tent is height restricted a bit, it is time for you to become a grand master scrogger. What about making your own trellis to fit inside like this but a rectangle that fits your tent? Then you place it over your plants early in veg and you tell them "listen ladies, this is how it is going to be. None of yall get to grow up until Papi says so. I don't want no whining or back-talking either" and you weave the branches and tuck the leaves until your tent is full. Then flip to flower and let them run in unison.

Look at the image I drew for you and tell me you are not laughing 😂

ninjadip

ninjadip

hah we can only do what we can. You sure as shit didn't trip fall and get to this spot. It took considerable work macgyver-ing shit to get them this far.

It is obviously too late this grow but I want to share some things that I have seen here at the Farm that might help. Regardless of whether you get a larger tent next grow, you definitely want to know want they and you are capable of. Long story short, I think you used your trellis net for some definitely needed support, but you never restricted the plants vertical growth in veg or flower. Depending not just on strain but also phenotype, some plants would technically outgrow any tent if given the chance. But since that tent is height restricted a bit, it is time for you to become a grand master scrogger. What about making your own trellis to fit inside like this but a rectangle that fits your tent? Then you place it over your plants early in veg and you tell them "listen ladies, this is how it is going to be. None of yall get to grow up until Papi says so. I don't want no whining or back-talking either" and you weave the branches and tuck the leaves until your tent is full. Then flip to flower and let them run in unison.

Look at the image I drew for you and tell me you are not laughing 😂
Oh yeah I am aware of my mistakes, for my first time I am happy. I did train the plants in the trellis, I was not prepared for the stretch, and I trimmed the lower part too much in the process.

I have a game plan for next time, I've researched more since then. The whole grow was a great learning process. Didn't expect to be master in first run, but not sitting too bad at the end of it.

Thank you

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Oh yeah I am aware of my mistakes, for my first time I am happy. I did train the plants in the trellis, I was not prepared for the stretch, and I trimmed the lower part too much in the process.

I have a game plan for next time, I've researched more since then. The whole grow was a great learning process. Didn't expect to be master in first run, but not sitting too bad at the end of it.

Thank you

My bad. For sure must have came off different than had intended for your to reply to start "I am aware of my mistakes". I am on my 2nd grow and in no position to be telling anyone anything. Noone had mentioned training plants using a scrog net(trellis won't work because they will bend it and you lose height) in your thread so thought I would. Sorry if came off like a tommy-tell-ya.

ninjadip

ninjadip

My bad. For sure must have came off different than had intended for your to reply to start "I am aware of my mistakes". I am on my 2nd grow and in no position to be telling anyone anything. Noone had mentioned training plants using a scrog net(trellis won't work because they will bend it and you lose height) in your thread so thought I would. Sorry if came off like a tommy-tell-ya.
i was a little defensive, probably more so because I fucked up a bunch and can't wait to "make things right" next go-around. The one that is twice as big as the other two was transplanted differently than the other two (learning; trial&error), started flowering 2 weeks ahead of other two while they were stunted. And the one in the middle lost her air supply more than once in the beginning of flower, one time for around 2 days. The first net went in, and I was a lot less confident then than I am now with how rough I can be in training these girls. I vegged too long (greedy, totally unprepared for stretch, didn't believe it would stretch as much as people were saying online), and now at the end of this I realize I can probably cut my nutes in half. Long story long, I fucked up more ways than one, and am a little sensitive about it, lol.

I appreciate your honest feedback, that's why I said thanks, that was not sarcastic. On one front (cloning) I am doing great! lol. I have done two clone batches, i think the first one was 5/5 successful clones, the second one was 7/8 successful clones. Both using just aloe. I did go buy some GH Rapid Rooters, and Clone-X gel to use for the next batch, should be 100% rate every time.

You're ok in my book,
nothing but love

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hah I completely understand my man. Shit can be beyond frustrating. Put so much time into planning and caring for them and still no way to think of everything. I helicopter parented and tried to love mine to death so much that it is a miracle I didn't. Glad your clones are comin along. I tried my hand at them also just recently. I took them maybe 7-10 days into flower. Now they are growing like mutants and still in solos. I go downstairs and come back up and a new leaf set has grown 😂 I think the stress of reveggin(I believe this is a form of monster cropping) makes them grow like mad. I plan to transplant them tomorrow or Friday. Are you planning to grow out your clones after you harvest the tent?

ninjadip

ninjadip

I have a mother tent. I have been really making clones to learn, but yes some will go in next grow. This will be a new strain from the previous. I also have given clones away to encourage new growers, and sold two today actually.

For me it is much cheaper to clone than to buy seeds more than once. The second time the rockwool showed roots coming through in 10 days. The mother plant has her light turned way down, super veg blue mode, just enough nutes to not show deficiencies, and still the only way to manage her growth is to take clone cuttings off of her .

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I have a mother tent. I have been really making clones to learn, but yes some will go in next grow. This will be a new strain from the previous. I also have given clones away to encourage new growers, and sold two today actually.

For me it is much cheaper to clone than to buy seeds more than once. The second time the rockwool showed roots coming through in 10 days. The mother plant has her light turned way down, super veg blue mode, just enough nutes to not show deficiencies, and still the only way to manage her growth is to take clone cuttings off of her .
That's awesome and I couldn't agree more. Clones are for smart growers and make what you spent on beans go down. I had a friend buy ethos mandarin cookies and run them, clone them, and run those all while I ran around and spent 100$ on seeds while needed none. The bean bug got me a smidge for sure. I'm on my 2nd grow and have over 20 different strains 🤣 and now I've got my 1st clones and don't know what to do with them. I am going to transplant them tomorrow and they are going to grow incredibly fast and I don't want them to grow at all. Hey when you say "mother tent" do you, or people in general only consider a mother plant to be the original plant grown? Or if I took cuttings from a fem photo plant, and keep the plant in veg only, is it called a mother too?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

That's awesome and I couldn't agree more. Clones are for smart growers and make what you spent on beans go down. I had a friend buy ethos mandarin cookies and run them, clone them, and run those all while I ran around and spent 100$ on seeds while needed none. The bean bug got me a smidge for sure. I'm on my 2nd grow and have over 20 different strains 🤣 and now I've got my 1st clones and don't know what to do with them. I am going to transplant them tomorrow and they are going to grow incredibly fast and I don't want them to grow at all. Hey when you say "mother tent" do you, or people in general only consider a mother plant to be the original plant grown? Or if I took cuttings from a fem photo plant, and keep the plant in veg only, is it called a mother too?
Mother Plant refers to whatever female you are trying to keep in perpetual veg and taking cuts off of.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Sweet and thanks. Was hoping that was the case
20 strains?? 😲 Wild. Do you ever find one better than the rest? I'm def open to a trade or something down the road.

I want to find that one cultivar that will help with my Crohn's the most. From my research I found that there original Hash plant was one of the best for abdominal pain. I forget what the other strains were but since I couldn't find an uncrossed Hash plant I went with Black Domina that is a cross of Northern Lights, Ortega, Hash Plant, and Afghani.
Because of all the research and purpose I want to stick with one, maybe two cultivars, hence the mother plant. Not everyone has reasons to stick with one.

the mother plant is in a 2x2, going to take 10 cuts this weekend. I don't need them, but i'll sell them or gift them. I have been working (bonsaiing) this one the best I can to keep it squat and spread out.

Here is an updated pic of some buds. So funny how this one became purple when I was not expecting it. The current flower is an unknown strain that was gifted to me, but the gifter told me she never had any purple on this strain in the 3 years she's been growing it outside and letting it pollenate itself to make more seeds.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

20 strains?? 😲 Wild. Do you ever find one better than the rest? I'm def open to a trade or something down the road.

I want to find that one cultivar that will help with my Crohn's the most. From my research I found that there original Hash plant was one of the best for abdominal pain. I forget what the other strains were but since I couldn't find an uncrossed Hash plant I went with Black Domina that is a cross of Northern Lights, Ortega, Hash Plant, and Afghani.
Because of all the research and purpose I want to stick with one, maybe two cultivars, hence the mother plant. Not everyone has reasons to stick with one.

the mother plant is in a 2x2, going to take 10 cuts this weekend. I don't need them, but i'll sell them or gift them. I have been working (bonsaiing) this one the best I can to keep it squat and spread out.

Here is an updated pic of some buds. So funny how this one became purple when I was not expecting it. The current flower is an unknown strain that was gifted to me, but the gifter told me she never had any purple on this strain in the 3 years she's been growing it outside and letting it pollenate itself to make more seeds.

Don't let the amount of beans I collected fool you. Last grow was my 1st and it was some 2 fem White Widow and 2 fem chem cookies. They turned out great and I miss them dearly 😖 During my 1st grow I couldn't help but look forward to future grows and sort of tripped, fell and fell for the "idea" of genetics really mattering, so tried to fetch a few things I felt I would want and that might be good. I don't have a lot but of course I'd be down to trade. Below is a list of what I have. In my tent I have a blueberry, grc x bbc, mimosa x orange punch, and a blue sunset sherbert. In my 2nd tent I have clones of all those but the BSS and I also have purple dragon balls seedlings growing. They are regs so I expect half or so of 7-8 will get pulled when they reveal themselves.
As for pain and aches it is actually why I got into growing. I have too many things to list but the chronic pain from OA and neuropathy in my extremities sucks to high hell the most. I think the strain I am growing that might help most with that is the Blueberry. I would think for you as well that indica leaning strains would be more helpful but normally also seem to tire you out. I believe this is quite misleading though and that people such as myself have been bamboozeled ever since Cannabis became 1st legal in CO. Ever since then it has been marketed as this and that, and much of it is hogwash. Breeder selection would play a key role in the outcome of the genetics that eventually end up in our hands. If I harvest this Blueberry plant while the trichomes have not turned amber at all, I will for sure get a significantly different end result than if I wait till say 50/50 cloudy/amber, which is exactly what I plan with my Blueberry. I want to use it for aches pains and to knock me the f out if needed. I want to make gummies and give to my lady and my mom cause currently I buy WYLD elderberry 2:1 THC/CBN gummies for them and the cost adds up. I think though that people don't always like the same things nor does it affect people the same. Also we have been sold on the myth that THC % is the end all be all. You for sure can have a strain that is 15% thc that if you didn't know it, you'd say was way stronger than something that was closer to 30. I think it is that complex and intricate. I have heard of that strain Black Domina and I like the cross. The Norther Lights and Afghani are an iconic mix. I would imagine it would have great medicinal benefits but could be used during the day as well. Dang your 2nd tent is going off. How tall is that one? And yeah I can totally see the purple in that flower. Lookin real frosty

Mamiko Seeds(fems)

~chem cookies

Greenhouse Seed Co(fems)

~banana krumble

~bubba kush

~dark phoenix

Barney's Farm(fems)

~blue sunset sherbert

~mimosa x orange punch

7eastgenetics(refs)

~purple dragon balls

~the kraken

~alien dragon bx1

~headstrong

Seedsman

~blueberry fem

~white widow fem

~original skunk #1 regs

13th Axis(fems)

~fruity pebbles

~gg4

~white widow

~SnS(Saturday Night Special)

~acapulco gold

Scott (Square 1)(fems)

~grc x bbc

Jrukus

~lady gold

ninjadip

ninjadip

Amateur grower frustration, one plant appears at least two weeks ahead of others when they all started the same time.
Like an accidental perpetual grow 🤣 will have to chop one before the others.

PXL 20220923 204306310
PXL 20220923 204351077PORTRAIT

Latest posts

Top Bottom