DWC, week 4 from seeds, roots won’t go in water. Growing, but clearly stopping.

• Thread starter WackyWeeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WackyWeeds

Growing in DWC. Had issues with root rot at week two. I tried new nutes, my setup did not like.

Swapped twice and ran sterile for week. New root growth is happening, but it wont go in water.

Second bucket with identical setup is doing fine. What can be causing this?

Feeding top to bottom.
Vitalize before anything.
Jacks 321
Calmag
Phdown

Dwc week 4 from seeds roots wont go in water growing but clearly stopping

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Looks like it’s thinking about it.

Feeding top to bottom - going out on a limb and believe you mean you hand water.
If so just once a week to inoculate your pots , but other than that you would like roots in the pail.

Vitalize, to give strength.

How strong is your mix , ec preferably?

Ph down , hmm , mostly up when I mix.

What kind of ph you maintaining?

Habosabin

Habosabin

Did you stop sterile after a week? If I don't maintain it I get growth in my res. Growth alwasy ups my ph. When it's in control I don't have to adjust ph but maybe once a week slightly.

Last edited:
W

WackyWeeds

Looks like it’s thinking about it.

Feeding top to bottom - going out on a limb and believe you mean you hand water.
If so just once a week to inoculate your pots , but other than that you would like roots in the pail.

Vitalize, to give strength.

How strong is your mix , ec preferably?

Ph down , hmm , mostly up when I mix.

What kind of ph you maintaining?

that is the order that I’ve added the nutrients in the water.
1.3 EC. My mix ends around 6.5ish. I drop it to 5.7-5.9. Typically ph will climb the first three days. I hit with down daily. Then it seems to stabilize for the next four days. And I swap.

I just swapped the water with only jacks and ph down. Let’s see if they decide to climb down.

W

WackyWeeds

Did you stop sterile after a week? If I don't maintain it I get growth in my res. Growth alwasy ups my ph. When it's in control I don't have to adjust ph but maybe once a week slightly.
Yup, I didn’t do a maintenance dose.

I just swapped the water and brown shit at the bottom. I will .2ml Clorox per gallon every three and see if it at least stops the growth.
Thanks

Habosabin

Habosabin

I use calcium hypochlorite. It's a pool shock that breaks down into calcium so supposedly it's plant safe. I use a very tiny amount like half a teaspoon in my res and test the chlorine content. I keep it under 3 to 4 ppm. This stuff gasses off pretty fast if you over apply. I use a little every day. It has worked very well so far. I just know if my ph goes up like half a point I have shit growing. No ph swings clean res.

Top Bottom