DWC...

• Thread starter milkcrate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
milkcrate

milkcrate

I hope all is well today. i thought i would show ya a pic of my line up i got goin, gettin um on a cycle . i ts a new room, 2 - 4x4 tents, and 1 - 4x8 tent, as i just got settled in my new house on my move to Michigan.

Dr. Grinspoon, Rainbow Dreaming, Skylock, Bun Bun, Pork Chop, Mind Body and Soul, OG 18, and in my bud tent i got 2 nice new crosses i made and am workin on Darkness/Durga Mata, and Pork Chop...

more to come as we move forward...

crate

Dwc
Bud tent week 2
PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Whats good milkcrate u have a few interesting strains ive never heard of im down to watch this unfold..
Are those all single site buckets?

milkcrate

milkcrate

Hello Street, yes i start them in a 4 inch Grodan Cube that is stuffed in a "Witches Hat" that will eventually be put on a 5 Gal. Bucket, until then i use a one gallon pot till the the roots start to find their way out and dangle to the water....then to a 2 gal bucket to get a nice root ball goin...then to the 5 gl for the duration...just like sodbusters do it with soil, one gal, 3 gal rootbound to a 5 gal, only i'm usin water for my medium...i also have 2 airstones that are 24/7 one on each side of the ball...
PB100141

i like 5 gal buckets, they are easy grows for a tent, your plant, with the right prunin one plant should be 4 feet around and 3 1/2 feet for a 4x4 tent, one that will give ya a pound....

crate

milkcrate

milkcrate

i made a DWC system last year and the rootball was massive, a 15 gal beer tub, ya know the plastic tubs with the rope handles on um, you seen um at parties with pop and beer...a Rubbermaid 32 gal trash can lid turned over fits um perfect, cut a hole, drop the witches hat in there and the rootball gets huge...notice the one root danglin is 1/4 inch, same size as the air hose...
P1230326

then this is the results...one "Big Ass" plant...
P1230325

crate

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Some real sexxy green beasts there milkcrate digging the root pron man i could eat those with a little pork fried rice n soy sauce lol real nice man.

milkcrate

milkcrate

now, this is a plant called Bun Bun......a friend of mine who also grows did some strains from an Italian company call Semitalia seed co. and when he bought 3 strains from them, they threw in some freebies, 2 - 5 count seed packs of a strain called Babilonia. He gave them to me one night and asked if i would crack um and see how it was. well, we figured freebies, cant be too great, maybe a mediocre hybrid at best so i said what the heck. I gave one pack away to another friend and i cracked 5. They all cracked and i got 3 girlz and 2 boys. One boy in particular was a handsome beast, perfect node spacing, beautiful leaf structure, really nice. i gave away 2 girls and i kept one boy and one girl. One buddy grew his outside and it yielded him one pound of bud, and finished last week in august, really fast, outstanding smoke, very good for motivation and pain relief...mine indoors finished early. so i took one clone and did a seed run with the male, and since i just finished a harvest and had enough meds to hold me over for awhile, i decided to do a full on seed run. male Babilonia in the middle and i surrounded him with 5 females....Babilonia, BC Bud Sweet God, Chocolope, Black Domina, Jamaican Grape......when he blew, it was massive, i turned on the fans and he gave all four gurlz the Money Shot.....it was everywhere lol. they were all unreal crosses...well out of this came the Sweet God cross which is called Bun Bun and i got her here and gonna get it into the next cycle. it was sickly, in the back of the other tent bein neglected, i also got a male for it too. like i said they were being left out cause i was doin other things, but now we have discovered she is 6 week finisher, so my buddy said i shouldnt lose it, so ill try and get the male back to life and harvest some pollen if i can, but i did take a cuttin just in case...i got her in the beginning of a LST formation to get some girth to her. and will put her in a cage i like to use. she is just beginning to drop some roots, she will veg hard for 3 weeks, lots of lumens and different spectrum's and we'll get her nice and full. right now just a nice flushing of ph balanced water for 24 hours.

P1280631 P1280632 P1280633

forcing the bottom branches to grow out and up under the wooden dowel i got across um...then the cage in a couple days for the tops...

i'll tell ya the story on the Bun Bun later...

crate

Last edited:
BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Looking good...

Curious about that Dr. Grinspoon...have some of them held back. Every grow I have seen of it is spindley...so very curious..

Keep it Green!

milkcrate

milkcrate

my Dr. Grinspoon....well, first off i got 2 seeds handed to me from a friend and asked me to see if could get them to crack, he tried 3 seeds and no luck....i got my 2 to crack but about 3 weeks in, one plant just up and died, this one made it. and yes it too was spindly when young, i had to put chopsticks on both sides and truss it up with twist ties, then it took ahold and got nice and big. He told me they were supposed to be regular seeds, but from what i know, Drewy, (however he spells his name), the owner of Barneys Farm, has never released that strain in anything other than Feminized. He regards it as his "Heirloom Sativa", pure by his accounts, so he kinda hordes the strain, so why would he sell regular beans..so i have my doubts. I cloned it and that is the result of the clone taken, and i also gave the big one that gave me the clone to a friend who is currently growin it out, ill see if he can send me some pics to show ya. the big thing with Grinspoon is how it grows...looks like a Pussy Willow, little nugs sporadically up each branch. i had the pleasure of sampling some when i was in Toronto a few months back and it is ASSkickin weed, very heady high, motivational, it was nice...
Dr Grinspoon b
number one, it dont look like a plant that will resemble a Pussy Willow, number 2, it is a Sativa, we can tell by the leaf structure, but on the other hand...the clones are nice and vibrant and take root immediately and as we know, ya really cant clone feminized plants, yea ya can, but usually they are sickly cuttins and tend to hermy if conditions aint right. she seems to like fresh air, this was a neglected plant but now i will give her a "Haircut" and get them roots a danglin and get her in the bud tent....we'll keep and eye on her for ya, and see if it's really a true Dr. Grinspoon...and i will take a cuttin from her just in case she is a keeper, afterall, thats the only one i got, if it is good then i'll have it around, wouldnt mind breedin it with one of the 5 males i got layin around...

crate

Last edited:
milkcrate

milkcrate

The OG 18...This is a tall girl, so i had to bend her and tie her down, i pinched it flat and folded it over, never break and snap, and tied her to an eye hook, then in time the Knuckle will get huge, she's gonna end up goin in 12/12 early, the one drawback of the LST method in most cases you dont have a long veg time, ya get her to grow around the bucket and fill in the middle, is what we are gonna do here...the top is almost all the way around the surface of the Witches Hat, now bend and tie the middle side branches and coax them to grow toward the middle, when this happens the side branches get tall and ya end up lopsided, but every bud gets equal light, and it does create a nice Bonzai prune job, so to speak...makes for a nice bunch of Kholas, looks pretty, good technique for closets or cabinets or if ya dont have alot room....this is one you'll want to top early and often, she grows fast.. and a pic of my crew of "Wurkin Gurlz"...The Stable... lol
OG 18 b ... OG 18 c ... OG 18 d ... OG 18 e ... The Stable a

crate

Last edited:
milkcrate

milkcrate

okydokysmoky....a little update...

The OG18 took the haircut and bending just fine, soon as the roots form a little more we'll probably drop it to 12/12..
OG 18 f

The Dr. Grinspoon also did well with the trimmin but i got to get the nute formula down a little better but all in all she is doin well, so far...
Dr Grinspoon e

The Skylock is a recent favorite of mine, grows well, takes alll the nutes ya want to throw her way and is a great nightime med, i suffer from insomnia, because of the arthritic pain, and the Skylock takes care of that greatly...
Skylock b

The Mind Body and Soul...hmm, thats another one ya got to mix special food for and i'm still dialin it in, we'll get there, she is comin back around, i kept this plant because out of all the seeds we cracked, each plant was a little different, this one here had a "Creeper" effect to it...ya smoke some and get a nice buzz, then all of a sudden, 2o min. or so it hits ya hard...so inspite of her bein a pain in the ass, ill keep her around, down the line i'll crack the remaining seeds to see if we cant find a nice male for her..
Mind Body and Soul b

now, the Rainbow Dreaming came to me from a friend in Australia, supposedly it was created by the Government for the PTSD program for their Soldiers, i got 5 beans and only 1 cracked and turned into this pretty little gurl...now thats the story i got for this strain, and i was told it's the smallest Sativa goin...we'll see...and she is comin around too...
Rainbow Dreaming b

when i say these plants are comin around...i just moved to Michigan month and half ago from Nu Yawk and brought these plants as babies with me, that was nerve wrackin, hiding 16 plants in a movin van..lol.. and when i got to the new place the landlord hadnt quite finished up with some repairs she was doin, so i had to keep um in totes and hidin in the closet with just a 40 watt flouro light, not much air flow, sporadic feedin, it was maddening so it threw my schedule off a couple weeks while carpenters, electricians, and the cable guy was in and out of the house till they were done...

more to come...

crate

milkcrate

milkcrate

oh yea, a pic of the bud tent, one Darkness Durga Mata, on the left and one Pork Chop on the right, i didnt have quite the rootball i wanted before i 12/12 um but they were gettin big and i needed to get something goin so i would have meds...they should be done 1st or 2nd week of march...
Bud Tent wk 3

update as it warrants, now we just wait till they put on some weight...

crate

milkcrate

milkcrate

a quick pic of the Skylock i did last winter, DWC/LST ... a friend had it in soil in a beer cup and was gonna toss it, so took it and change it from soil to hydro and it really took off...hopefully the OG18 will turn out likewise, but this is how this technique finishes...every khola gettin light, one heck of a bush in a small area, 3 feet around, 3 feet tall...

Skylock  DWC   LST ... Skylock DWC   LST b ...

also a bonzai type prunnin i did a year ago

Bonzai projectOrtega on the leftWhite Chocolate on the right ... Ortega on left and White Chocolate on right...

crate

Last edited:
Canappa

Canappa

Good to see another member from the mittin. Welcome, some nice gear you have...

gliders420

gliders420

i made a DWC system last year and the rootball was massive, a 15 gal beer tub, ya know the plastic tubs with the rope handles on um, you seen um at parties with pop and beer...a Rubbermaid 32 gal trash can lid turned over fits um perfect, cut a hole, drop the witches hat in there and the rootball gets huge...notice the one root danglin is 1/4 inch, same size as the air hose...View attachment 373104
then this is the results...one "Big Ass" plant...View attachment 373105

crate

that looks really nice!

I had only one experience where it came out anything like that. It was when I ran the plant individually in a five gallon bucket, as opposed to the bio buckets i run now. its interesting....
but hey, I'm still pretty new to dwc!

I like the Lst shots too!

what nutes your run?

milkcrate

milkcrate

Thanx Canappa.... and Hello Glider, i use the Floro Micro Series and kool bloom in bud, from general hydroponics, and botanicare cal mag, i filter my water with a Zero Water set up, them nutes flush out nicely, after i quit feedin um in bud, they end up drinkin a 1/2 gal to a whole gal of water a day, so for 14 days thats all they will get is just water, thats atleast 7 gals of pure water drinkin, before harvest, never had a complaint of harshness....its a little more work without a reservoir, but it can be done easy without one, water changes take a little time, i usually make a res out of a trash can for a 5 gallon bucket...been doin it so long, got it down to a nice routine. im gettin the nutes dialed in as we go, when ya got so many different strains goin, some need more, some need less, i usually make them drink from the same bucket...but i got 3 "Prima Donnas" who need different food....The Stable will veg for 3 more weeks before 12/12...waitin on the roots to form and they are takin their sweetass time doin it....i think it may be the temp of my water in the buckets, so i may need a res after all...im tuff on the girls, but they produce in the end...

crate

Last edited:
milkcrate

milkcrate

well folks, everyone is doin fine, and i'll work on gettin the nutes dialed in on my prima donnas...the Mind Body and Soul is makin a comeback, just plain water for a few days and she should be fine...she was feelin neglected i guess and threw a tantrum...lol

and the Bun Bun, same deal, just water and she is comin around, but the male...not lookin good for him, im gonna transplant him and try and bring him back around, cant do it until tomorrow afternoon though...his cuttins aint doin well either, i got one in there now 11 days, no roots...so i got to try and save him...

i might setup some individual reservoirs for each plant, and might have to give away one, not enough room...the Skylock may have to go...we'll see...it can be taken out of the hydro system and go into a soil system, but soon, roots are startin to dangle....most of my buddies are Sodbusters...

so, i'll update in a couple weeks probably, when things get goin....and The Stable in the final buckets for the long ride...

crate

Canappa

Canappa

Every grow is different, patience is much needed. Glad to see thing going for you.

Top Bottom